Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Apr 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3529480)   #1276
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Never heard the expression "13 in a dozen" before, btw
Works best with eggs!
Old 20 Apr 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3529510)   #1277
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I'm not sure if you've been there, so I don't mean to sound patronising, b[u]t there is more gradient in 50 metres of the Nurburgring GP track than those other three combined.

It's not 'the Nurburgring' and it's by no means the most amazing course, especially since they put in that stupid sequence at the beginning of the lap instead of the nice, fast cambered chicane that was there before, but it often produces good racing, it has a few sections that will punish mistakes and it has a beautiful Black Forest backdrop

So, although it's not a perfect solution, it could be much worse (remembering rumours of India and Korea).
Black Forest? Absolutely not, unless you’re going to call any and all forested portions of Germany to be “Black Forest.” The Nürburgring is actually located in a very different part of Germany called the Eifel.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 02:09 (Ref:3529543)   #1278
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I forgot to mention the castle as one of the attractions of the area: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburg_Castle

Never been there, hopefully I get the chance to make up for it some day in the future.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 06:00 (Ref:3529570)   #1279
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And it should be noted that the Nurburgring/Eifel forest isn't too far away from the Dutch/Belgian Ardennes, which of course means that the Nurburgring isn't that far away from Spa.

The two tracks can't be much more different in character, though, comparing GP circuit to GP circuit--Nurburgring GP being a lot more compact in nature than Spa.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 07:20 (Ref:3529598)   #1280
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Black Forest? Absolutely not, unless you’re going to call any and all forested portions of Germany to be “Black Forest.” The Nürburgring is actually located in a very different part of Germany called the Eifel.
Oops, yes, 'in the Eifel Mountains' it should be. Sorry, brain was switched well and truly off. Still, doesn't take away from the fact it's in a beautiful area with stunning panoramas.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 11:42 (Ref:3529653)   #1281
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
And it should be noted that the Nurburgring/Eifel forest isn't too far away from the Dutch/Belgian Ardennes, which of course means that the Nurburgring isn't that far away from Spa.

The two tracks can't be much more different in character, though, comparing GP circuit to GP circuit--Nurburgring GP being a lot more compact in nature than Spa.
You're mistaken that for a high bridge!
Old 23 Apr 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3530298)   #1282
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Surprised that there's not a Spa race weekend thread yet, seeing as how it's only a bit more than week away.

I already checked the weather forecast--a losing bet this far out if anything--but on both days, there's calling for a mix of sun and clouds, a slight chance of rain on Friday, and both days it won't even break 50F.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3530300)   #1283
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2015 WEC Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Surprised that there's not a Spa race weekend thread yet, seeing as how it's only a bit more than week away.

I already checked the weather forecast--a losing bet this far out if anything--but on both days, there's calling for a mix of sun and clouds, a slight chance of rain on Friday, and both days it won't even break 50F.

I've checked everyday on 4 websites, plus my iPhone and everyday it's changed. Snow on Friday it said this morning -uhoh-

Hopefully it will change for the better.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 18:44 (Ref:3530306)   #1284
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
The only sure thing is that there will be weather at Spa.

This time last year the forecast had it barely making it above freezing, it was filthy on Friday (to the extent I watched qualifying in a pub in Spa rather than braving the track), and then despite worst fears conditions on Saturday couldn't be described as anything other than glorious.

Pack for every eventuality and you'll be okay, doesn't help those pondering setup choices much though...
Old 23 Apr 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3530307)   #1285
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really off topic but I've just seen a picture of the green gt h2 anyone know what came of it?
Old 24 Apr 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3530435)   #1286
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The first 52 minute highlight package of the season dropped two days ago. It's a jump in quality from before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UVCLyF8CwI

I'm still not sold on those corny finger-pointing montages from the drivers trying to look like they're promoting a bout or something, but Louise Beckett comes across well. Also, gone is that Matt Berry sound-alike narrator in favour of narration from Louise before and after and commentary from Hindy in between.

It's still not perfect, but it's no longer embarrassing and I think I'll end up watching these as a recap throughout the season.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 11:31 (Ref:3530443)   #1287
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not hard to be better than previous highlights but just 24 minutes of time devoted to the actual racing is disappointing. Far too much footage that they've obviously thought "we've gone to all this trouble filming these off-track pieces, we have to include it in the highlights".

Louise does a piece to camera before the track walk - why can't she start the highlights with that, then go over the entry list. Maybe an onboard lap with a driver commentating, pit of paddock/pit walk, show the grid and get on with the racing. Imagine sitting down and watching this at home - 22 mins + adverts into these highlights and you've not even see the start of the race yet!
Old 27 Apr 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3531155)   #1288
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
First photos of the Ligier JS P2 in Patron livery: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/les...a-magny-cours/
Old 27 Apr 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3531168)   #1289
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
First photos of the Ligier JS P2 in Patron livery: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/les...a-magny-cours/
That works for me!
Old 27 Apr 2015, 13:57 (Ref:3531184)   #1290
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes looks very similar scheme to the old p2 car but still very nice compared to some of the other cars
Old 27 Apr 2015, 15:55 (Ref:3531198)   #1291
Coach Ep
Veteran

Kairos expanding it's collaboration with Greaves for ELMS and Le Mans (and possibly Petit Le Mans). I wouldn't be surprised to see them (Greaves) coming back to the WEC as well - after Le Mans for a one or two off perhaps but I sure hope Jacob & Tim and all are being really careful and cautious after what happened with Morand/SARD earlier year (+ Millennium and ADR/Delta last year).

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/v...urance-racing/
Old 27 Apr 2015, 16:16 (Ref:3531205)   #1292
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Looks alright, but when I put it next to the 04...
Old 27 Apr 2015, 19:20 (Ref:3531267)   #1293
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Kairos expanding it's collaboration with Greaves for ELMS and Le Mans (and possibly Petit Le Mans). I wouldn't be surprised to see them (Greaves) coming back to the WEC as well - after Le Mans for a one or two off perhaps but I sure hope Jacob & Tim and all are being really careful and cautious after what happened with Morand/SARD earlier year (+ Millennium and ADR/Delta last year).

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/v...urance-racing/
If Kairos want to spend money in sportscar racing that's great. I just hope that Greaves retain control of Greaves. A bit like when Rebellion suddenly got all that Lotus branding. They were able to emerge from it without issue and didn't sell their soul.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 19:58 (Ref:3531277)   #1294
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's good to have two Ligiers with Honda engines.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 20:10 (Ref:3531280)   #1295
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's interesting how the marketing works as well as in the Europe those Oak Coupes are listed as 'Ligier HPD', in the US they are first referred as 'Honda Ligier'
Old 27 Apr 2015, 20:56 (Ref:3531298)   #1296
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The good thing about those engines, is that are v6 turbo instead normally aspirated v8s Nissan or Judd. At least for me, it makes it more interesting in long races. I will like to see these engines racing against Chevy and the Ecoboost in North America.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3531904)   #1297
Deleted
Veteran

F1 is delaying the start of the season until the beginning of April next season. I believe if the ACO moved up the WEC(/ELMS) season opener till end of March you could potentially generate larger viewing audience when the bigger masses are still waiting for the big circus to start and there's not much else going on in the circuit racing anyways.

The potential issues with this - and my counter arguments against them

Unpredictable Silverstone weather even earlier than now?
A) Would like two weeks earlier spot be the difference between horrible conditions and pleasant? Let's not fool ourselves, even the early April date can be rather wintery.
B) Opener doesn't have to be Silverstone by law

It would create bigger gap between WEC round 1 and round 2.
A) So what, there are 3 month gaps and other breaks elsewhere in the calendar...
B) There could be 3 pre-LM races no? There sure was in 2008 LMS!

Teams seem to have issues gearing up to even early April, how does even earlier start help?
A) We used to have Sebring in the past. So let's not get too comfortable.
B) The end of the season could be brought tightened to earlier end to make the winter break longer as well as to help the inconsistent pacing of calendar's second half

I thought we weren't supposed to make too many sportscars vs F1 arguments again...
Organizing your racing not to conflict with F1 calendar, or attempting to increase the likelihood of people watching your championship in general isn't trying to compare the two, but rather to try to increase the max interest towards the product. Just as the ACO has outlawed F1 from having GP the same week as Le Mans.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3531905)   #1298
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Did you just conduct your own Q&A session?

Maybe they can start the wec with a race at Ricard? If not maybe somewhere in Spain?
Old 29 Apr 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3531908)   #1299
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah l love arguing with myself I just wanted to make those points clear before someone said them.

Plenty of Southern Europe places. Or, you know, Kyalami
Old 29 Apr 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3531910)   #1300
Coach Ep
Veteran

Bahrain or Abu Dhabi.

Woohoo...