Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Apr 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2430970)   #26
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i'll go out on a limb.....

HRT 1 & 2 !
Old 2 Apr 2009, 01:40 (Ref:2431009)   #27
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting to note that 2 weeks out from the race there are still large numbers of grandstand tickets not sold.Compare this to last years frenzied sell out and it seems many spectators have cast their vote on what a rubbish venue this is.Homebush promoters beware.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 03:18 (Ref:2431030)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Interesting to note that 2 weeks out from the race there are still large numbers of grandstand tickets not sold.Compare this to last years frenzied sell out and it seems many spectators have cast their vote on what a rubbish venue this is.Homebush promoters beware.
Or the economic problems that are throwing thousands out of their day jobs and onto the streets is as prevalent in NZ as they are here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Apr 2009, 04:42 (Ref:2431036)   #29
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mate, do you ever say anthing positive about this sport? Maybe people just can't afford the prices of a grandstand seat. It's got nothing to do with the venue.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 2 Apr 2009, 04:54 (Ref:2431040)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Mate, do you ever say anthing positive about this sport? Maybe people just can't afford the prices of a grandstand seat. It's got nothing to do with the venue.
It could do if the angle of the stands means you are in the sun all day, or cant see as much of the track as you might expect. The organisers of Clipsal realigned stands didnt they after the first event?
Old 2 Apr 2009, 05:24 (Ref:2431044)   #31
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it could also be, as I am wont to do, is that people are going to purchase onsite tickets and take their chances on the seats they can get. Also when you get closer I would think it would be more reasonable to make ticket purchases.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 06:18 (Ref:2431056)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wonder what large means

is it ten, 100, 1000, 10000, maybe you can define it for us Alan

I would think after last years grandstnd debarkle that alot of people may skip the grandstand this year (well at least the grandstand involved)
Old 2 Apr 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2431072)   #33
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Or the economic problems that are throwing thousands out of their day jobs and onto the streets is as prevalent in NZ as they are here
Bit of exageration here isn't it. Most are far too busy to take part in the reccession. Not everyone is trying to make money out of money or busy trying to manufacture or sell things that one does not really need right at this point in time. And no, it is not thousands out on the streets looking for jobs. All to often the media reports a small business closing but does not report an even larger one opening.

One sees advertising saying no deposit and no payments for 24 months, if you can't aford the deposit now and make the payments now then how the bloody hell do you (or your supplier) think you are going to make the payments in two years time. Frankly, the under achievers that subscribe to that type of economic behaviour are not the type of people who follow our wonderfull sport.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2431087)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
No exaggeration on this side of the ditch. A number of businesses in our local area have pitched significant staff numbers onto the streets, or have closed altogether.

New credit is very difficult to get, and debt rollovers and reviews, as well as borrowing covenant analysis are every day events now, where a year ago it was "set and forget".
Old 2 Apr 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2431092)   #35
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Bit of exageration here isn't it. Most are far too busy to take part in the reccession. Not everyone is trying to make money out of money or busy trying to manufacture or sell things that one does not really need right at this point in time. And no, it is not thousands out on the streets looking for jobs. All to often the media reports a small business closing but does not report an even larger one opening.

One sees advertising saying no deposit and no payments for 24 months, if you can't aford the deposit now and make the payments now then how the bloody hell do you (or your supplier) think you are going to make the payments in two years time. Frankly, the under achievers that subscribe to that type of economic behaviour are not the type of people who follow our wonderfull sport.
are you kidding Southern man, you need to get your snout out of the corporate trough.

you have pretty much summed up the backbone of our sport (our sport being v8 supercar in this discusion) they are the ones losing there jobs, they are the ones who have 24 mth interest free.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2431096)   #36
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It could do if the angle of the stands means you are in the sun all day, or cant see as much of the track as you might expect. The organisers of Clipsal realigned stands didnt they after the first event?
The stands have been moved, really the stands are the vantage point the infield unless you want to climb a tree has limited viewing.

I suppose the dis advantage of a street circuit.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2431201)   #37
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I wonder what large means

is it ten, 100, 1000, 10000, maybe you can define it for us Alan

I would think after last years grandstnd debarkle that alot of people may skip the grandstand this year (well at least the grandstand involved)
what happened?

i don't remember, my memory is crappy.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2431246)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
was refering to allan saying there are a large amount of grandstand seats still available
Old 2 Apr 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2431750)   #39
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
what happened?

i don't remember, my memory is crappy.
From what I remember, the slope of some of the grandstands wasn't steep enough so the poor punters up the back couldn't see the track!

Nothing major.......................
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 2 Apr 2009, 21:07 (Ref:2431831)   #40
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea they got the pitch wrong, it is believe to have been fixed. We shall see.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2431968)   #41
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Here's a few positives -the AGP last week was a great race and the season ahead looks sensational,this years Bathurst 12 Hour was a great leap ahead of the previous two and the event looks firmly established for a long future and the rebirth of the Formula Xtreme motorcycle series promises great things for privateers in Australian road racing.There's 3 great positives from the last month alone.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2431970)   #42
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
And I forgot the wonderful bonus of 1HD which means we finally get to see every F1GP live.This alone means 2009 might well go down as my favourite motor racing year of all time!
Old 3 Apr 2009, 02:22 (Ref:2431992)   #43
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
From what I remember, the slope of some of the grandstands wasn't steep enough so the poor punters up the back couldn't see the track!

Nothing major.......................
cheers. that would give you the ****s.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 02:38 (Ref:2432002)   #44
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Here's a few positives -the AGP last week was a great race and the season ahead looks sensational,this years Bathurst 12 Hour was a great leap ahead of the previous two and the event looks firmly established for a long future and the rebirth of the Formula Xtreme motorcycle series promises great things for privateers in Australian road racing.There's 3 great positives from the last month alone.
Good man. I take back what I said. Agree with 1st 2 points 100%, but don't know much about bike racing. Sorry - hope there's no hard feelings.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 3 Apr 2009, 02:46 (Ref:2432004)   #45
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Never any hard feelings in cyberspace!I also feel sympathy with all regional viewers in Australia that have no access to1HD.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 04:33 (Ref:2432018)   #46
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Never any hard feelings in cyberspace!I also feel sympathy with all regional viewers in Australia that have no access to1HD.

Not F1 forum I know but: 1205am Sunday night!!!!
Old 3 Apr 2009, 05:52 (Ref:2432040)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post

Not F1 forum I know but: 1205am Sunday night!!!!
6pm-9pm on OneHD....
Old 3 Apr 2009, 06:12 (Ref:2432046)   #48
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Sizzle is from Darwin, no ONE. poor *******s that live out of the metro area, will be thinking of you while watching the GP live on ONE.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2432150)   #49
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
Sizzle is from Darwin, no ONE. poor *******s that live out of the metro area, will be thinking of you while watching the GP live on ONE.
Just to make Sizzle feel better I will be thinking of Pro Racer live at the track

Hang on a second, no I wont - *wash that thought out of head*
Old 3 Apr 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2432224)   #50
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
Just to make Sizzle feel better I will be thinking of Pro Racer live at the track

Hang on a second, no I wont - *wash that thought out of head*