Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2012, 03:41 (Ref:3033857)   #26
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Hey, if you guys are all happy with Russell topping the charts & D'Alberto coming 3rd and 15th ............. who am I to disagree
Again, apologies for my typos ForumNick. I acknowledge that as a well respected News outlet mistakes like this are unacceptable. I will ensure that my posts from now on are error free to avoid the confusion and distress this has obviously caused yourself and your family. Please accept my sincerest apology.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 03:55 (Ref:3033858)   #27
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chapelli why not just whack a screenshot mate

Either way I am sure those not watching live timing appreciate the post.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 04:50 (Ref:3033864)   #28
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webb 10th
Patrizi 20th

Go Tekno Hopefully they get some good exposure this weekend, they need a sponsor!
Old 2 Mar 2012, 06:48 (Ref:3033880)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
So is quick brain surgery better than accurate brain surgery???
not a good comparison

the correct comparison is your mate giving you quick brain surgery in the back yard because your life is on the line, compared to a brain surgeon in the hospital

Chapelli was sharing information is a fast manner for those who cant access the information. to do it in a speedy manor means we get information but we are prepared to sacrifice accuracy.

the alternative is we wait until after the session and get accuracy, but we can access that information elsewhere anyway.

Chappelli coped unfair criticism as a result he stopped posting, great those who were using the data miss out. Thanks for nothing forum nick, rather than criticism maybe you could pick up the slack you created.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3033885)   #30
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VERY quiet here especially since its the first race of the season.

Lowndes to P1 .... !!!!!

Great work for the Tekno team, will be interesting to see IF and WHO may jump on board a white car to add sponsorship now its sitting on the second row.....I hope someone does. I hope it rolls out tomorrow slapped with sponsorship stickers.

Sad to say it but Murph still seems to be back to midpack the majority of the time! Im sure he will prove me wrong sooner or later but his results remind me of Skaife in his elder years
Old 2 Mar 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3033886)   #31
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
VERY quiet here especially since its the first race of the season.

Lowndes to P1 .... !!!!!

Great work for the Tekno team, will be interesting to see IF and WHO may jump on board a white car to add sponsorship now its sitting on the second row.....I hope someone does. I hope it rolls out tomorrow slapped with sponsorship stickers.

Sad to say it but Murph still seems to be back to midpack the majority of the time! Im sure he will prove me wrong sooner or later but his results remind me of Skaife in his elder years
Yep, starting up near the very front will sure draw eyes to the all white cars. Hopefully they get a good sponsor. I love that a small team has managed to the resources to run two cars! I'll be cheering on Tekno this year!
Old 2 Mar 2012, 07:07 (Ref:3033887)   #32
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Typos & Misspellings are one thing...

However, wrong information is worse than no information.

Prickstar complaining about criticism..
Old 2 Mar 2012, 07:08 (Ref:3033888)   #33
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Lowndes to P1 .... !!!!!
Yeah, crackin job!

Quote:
I'm with you, I was having some Brawn BGP01 comparisons while watching the quali

Quote:
Mind you, all the Kelly cars were pretty ordinary - pity Dave Reynolds didn't do a bit better in the shootout to shove it up em...
Old 2 Mar 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3033894)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Typos & Misspellings are one thing...

However, wrong information is worse than no information.

wow very mature, name calling

Old 2 Mar 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3033899)   #35
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Mind you, all the Kelly cars were pretty ordinary - pity Dave Reynolds didn't do a bit better in the shootout to shove it up em...
Yeah, It's a shame to see Murph in that position but I get the feeling that the KR cars aren't getting the same love that the other side of the team are, I guess they don't want the 'other cars' consistently beating Todd this year

As others have said already, great work by both Tekno Drivers.... 20th is a pretty good effort from Patrizi considering it was his first quali session in the car....
Old 2 Mar 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3033904)   #36
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
wow very mature, name calling

Apologies peckstar.... a genuine typo !!! But hey... you don't care about typos or misspellings of peoples names....... You'd rather have erroneous information quickly?

Maybe the Mods could explain why the auto-censor didn't prevent my embarrassing faux-pas?

Perhaps you should read the FAQ about attacking the post, not the poster? Oh... that's right, my post was factual... so nothing about 'it' could be criticised.

Last edited by ForumNick; 2 Mar 2012 at 08:34.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3033910)   #37
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
Old 2 Mar 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3033940)   #38
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
wrong information is worse than no information.
Again, really sorry I ruined your Clipsal experience champ. If it is of any consolation I figured out what I did.. I was watching the timing app on my mobile and in my haste to try and be helpful I've gone and accidentally muddled up the DR and the TD shown on my screen, some may say an understandable c**k up, but as some would here would suggest potentially as dangerous as brain surgery with the wrong information…. for this reckless act… I am truly and deeply sorry. Please forgive me…. Please.
Quote:
How about getting it right (including spelling their names) ??
Quote:
Quote:
Oh the irony….
I believe it's Peckstar and you push the clicky thing on the mouse once.

Old 2 Mar 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3033983)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Mar 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3033984)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Errr... the driver fiddling around with the bouncing bits while the mechanical type gets in the driver's seat?
Old 2 Mar 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3033999)   #41
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe the Mods could explain why the auto-censor didn't prevent my embarrassing faux-pas?
1) We can't anticipate every combination of letters and we can't just take out wherever it appears as this has implications for Scunthorpe, Hiro Matsu****a and Weightwatchers.
2) It's entirely possible that it wasn't entirely accidental.
3) This is a forum for discussion, it's not a kindergarten. Frankly some of you need to grow up and talk about the racing. I'm utterly bored with the frenquent childish bunfights that break out in this particular section of the forum and am thinking of a new season's resolution of banging out a few warnings until people learn to behave in an adult manner or rack up enough points to take a sin-binning.

I haven't spell checked that, so if you find a typo, live with it.

Now, I believe an important motor race involving Australian Touring Cars may be happening this week-end, how about we talk about that for a change?
Old 2 Mar 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3034014)   #42
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
Yep, starting up near the very front will sure draw eyes to the all white cars. Hopefully they get a good sponsor. I love that a small team has managed to the resources to run two cars! I'll be cheering on Tekno this year!

Some thing different for Tekno, get the fans too pay $10.00 to put their name on the car at each meating, that would raise the bucks to run and give the fans a sponsorship deal' supposedly thats what the fans support
Old 2 Mar 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3034093)   #43
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice little piece in today's Sydney Herald about yesterday's qualifying in Adelaide.

Never heard of Josh Rakic before but he puts together a good yarn.

The fascinating thing for me is the last line
..."Josh Rakic travelled to Adelaide as a guest of V8 Supercars"

Have you ever seen that before in the mainstream press?
I've seen it for travel articles but never in sport.
Is this some new rule that the paper has to disclose such arrangements?
Or is our beloved V8-hater Mr McKay trying to make a point??

Article here: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...#ixzz1nz7vhZFl
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 2 Mar 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3034177)   #44
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
guys, can anyone confirming the live broadcast of the races by bigpondvideo.com/v8tv ?
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3034187)   #45
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbz View Post
guys, can anyone confirming the live broadcast of the races by bigpondvideo.com/v8tv ?
previous experience suggest that it will show whatever channel 7 show at the same time

my understanding is Ch 7 are going live (or mostly live) therefore bigpond should be live
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3034198)   #46
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
What a brilliant effort from Jono Webb! great to see the young guns continuing their rise. Hopefully he and Giz and Tim Slade can be regular frontrunners this year. Also looks like Lowndsey means business this year.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3034204)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
was webb's car a new chassis? I seem to remember it was an unused triple 8 car that he purchased from Paul morris
Old 2 Mar 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3034261)   #48
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
morning warm up

FPR continue their strong run... When will they shoot themselves in the foot.

All SBR cars along with all FPR cars in the top 10.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3034265)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
morning warm up

FPR continue their strong run... When will they shoot themselves in the foot.

All SBR cars along with all FPR cars in the top 10.
Do FPR have enough new tyres left, having likely melted their sets chasing being quickest in each session?
Old 2 Mar 2012, 23:27 (Ref:3034266)   #50
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Do FPR have enough new tyres left, having likely melted their sets chasing being quickest in each session?

What are you saying? The hammers cocked and the safety is off