Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 May 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3732990)   #26
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
but that may not sit well with their Triple Eight relationship.
Is there that much bad blood?
No chance he returns to do his old job at 888?
Old 12 May 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3732991)   #27
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess the point of my question is why the sudden departure.

It sounds to me as if he left rather than being pushed.

The question is where to. Could Erebus afford him? Could he go back to DJRTP?
Old 12 May 2017, 12:44 (Ref:3732993)   #28
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What franchise did 00 Motorsport use in 2002 for their entries, after running as Gibson Motorsport in 2001 to run 1 car for Lowndes?
Bob Forbes, who despite what was portrayed to the outside world, was actually the owner of Gibson Motorsport from the beginning of 2001, also owned a Level 1 franchise. In 2001 it underpinned the Rodney Forbes entry. Because up to 3 cars could be entered under one franchise, in 2002 Lowndes, Crompton and Forbes all raced under this franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I guess the point of my question is why the sudden departure.
If there are other reasons other than those officially given, we will probably never find out, but the recent results and beneath the surface tensions that boiled over in Perth suggested a fall guy was needed. Bit like when a football coach gets the flick, not necessarily all his fault, but the buck stops with him. And dare I say, was probably on pretty good coin with a team that is not fully funded.

Last edited by anthony81901; 12 May 2017 at 12:52.
Old 12 May 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3733019)   #29
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahahahahahahaha @ GARTH
Old 12 May 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3733049)   #30
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to what Walkinshaw says it was rather Walkinshaw Racing's decision not to continue with Burgess. It somehow surprised me
Old 12 May 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3733070)   #31
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Scott Corporation decision......

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 12 May 2017, 21:34 (Ref:3733071)   #32
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Bob Forbes, who despite what was portrayed to the outside world, was actually the owner of Gibson Motorsport from the beginning of 2001.
I always thought the purchase was made end of 99 / early 2000?

Old 12 May 2017, 23:55 (Ref:3733093)   #33
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He should try his hand at Sportscars, the endurance aspect is perfect for someone of his skillset.
Old 13 May 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3733103)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

To Erebus?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 May 2017, 02:20 (Ref:3733108)   #35
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems to be a bit of a WR refuge.

Cars, staff...
Old 13 May 2017, 02:34 (Ref:3733109)   #36
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts300 View Post
Double strange...
Its from Wikipedia though so the veracity of that claim wants a review
but
When you look at Wikipedia there is no mention of a parent.
It is in fact VERY CLEAR that the parent of Walkinshaw Racing is SCOTT CORPORATION P/L. I do not know how you missed it.

That company has other subsidiaries including Chemtrans P/L, Bulktrans P/L and others.

The parent company of Scott Corporation is K & S Freighters P/L which we have all seen their trucks on Australian roads.
Old 13 May 2017, 03:17 (Ref:3733116)   #37
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very clear from a likely errant entry on Google?

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByA...bn=87104516038

ASIC search is currently down, but no changes to the Walkinshaw Performance ABN since 2014.

I'm here to strongly suggest that Walkinshaw Performance is still owned and controlled by the Walkinshaw family.
Old 13 May 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3733119)   #38
Terry S
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Very clear from a likely errant entry on Google?

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByA...bn=87104516038

ASIC search is currently down, but no changes to the Walkinshaw Performance ABN since 2014.

I'm here to strongly suggest that Walkinshaw Performance is still owned and controlled by the Walkinshaw family.
With respect we are at cross purposes. I was referring to Walkinshaw Racing. You are referring to Walkinshaw Performance.
Old 13 May 2017, 04:16 (Ref:3733120)   #39
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
With respect we are at cross purposes. I was referring to Walkinshaw Racing. You are referring to Walkinshaw Performance.
Click the link, Walkinshaw Racing is a trading name of Walkinshaw Performance.
Old 13 May 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3733138)   #40
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
In December 1999 Fred Gibson sold Gibson Motorsport to Garry Dumbrell (Paul and Lucas' father). In December 2000 Dumbrell sold the team. It was reported that Gibson had purchased the team back lock, stock and barrel.Drive.com.au 4 January 2001

But as it later transpired, Gibson had only purchased the franchise with the team purchased by Bob Forbes. Gibson's role with the team was as an employee and landlord, but not as team owner. Ford, who were the team's primary sponsor, were kept in the dark about the arrangement and presumably was why they cut their funding and rehoused Lowndes at the end of 2002. Fred Gibson & Noel Watson vs Bob Forbes court action ruling
Old 13 May 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3733140)   #41
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
It is in fact VERY CLEAR that the parent of Walkinshaw Racing is SCOTT CORPORATION P/L. I do not know how you missed it.
The Walkinshaw Racing Wikipedia article lists Ryan Walkinshaw as the team principal, with no mention of Scott Corporation. Not sure where google was getting its information, but if you now type 'Walkinshaw racing' into google.com.au, the offending text no longer comes up, so presumably has been fixed.
Old 13 May 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3733143)   #42
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
In December 1999 Fred Gibson sold Gibson Motorsport to Garry Dumbrell
Correct. I should have remembered that, given my sister worked for Gary at the time.

Old 13 May 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3733149)   #43
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

That company has other subsidiaries including Chemtrans P/L, Bulktrans P/L and others.

The parent company of Scott Corporation is K & S Freighters P/L which we have all seen their trucks on Australian roads.
I think not....
Old 13 May 2017, 10:01 (Ref:3733159)   #44
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how many shelf company's are there , to set up a racing team:

In December 1999 Fred Gibson sold Gibson Motorsport to Garry Dumbrell
Correct. I should have remembered that, given my sister worked for Gary at the time.

The Walkinshaw Racing Wikipedia article lists Ryan Walkinshaw as the team principal, with no mention of Scott Corporation. Not sure where google was getting its information, but if you now type 'Walkinshaw racing' into google.com.au, the offending text no longer comes up, so presumably has been fixed.
Today 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
In December 1999 Fred Gibson sold Gibson Motorsport to Garry Dumbrell (Paul and Lucas' father). In December 2000 Dumbrell sold the team. It was reported that Gibson had purchased the team back lock, stock and barrel.Drive.com.au 4 January 2001

But as it later transpired, Gibson had only purchased the franchise with the team purchased by Bob Forbes. Gibson's role with the team was as an employee and landlord, but not as team owner. Ford, who were the team's primary sponsor, were kept in the dark about the arrangement and presumably was why they cut their funding and rehoused Lowndes at the end of 2002. Fred Gibson & Noel Watson vs Bob Forbes court action ruling

also add Longhurst and Team Dynamic

So who owns cars, equipment , merchandise, plant, facilities, transporters, and the biggest question,
Who Owns the Drivers names on the Merchandise ?
The Driver, The team, Supercars.

footnote:

I was involved with Junior AFl in QLD for 12 years, when we wanted to buy junior jerseys, we meet a lot of conditions. We could buy some of the clubs, but not all, as the license agreements weren't with the clubs but with AFL
The AFL held rights over some clubs , VFl others

Who owns Who , and who has the rights to a name , a signature , a picture .

Last edited by fomoco; 13 May 2017 at 10:02. Reason: auto correct
Old 13 May 2017, 12:52 (Ref:3733194)   #45
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Did he get a REC (or its equivalent) PAE motorsport(as it was named)? Didnt even last a year.

old news report

from memory the distance was too great so it was prepared on east coast, So might not work for you Sandgroper

Still the key point is, reckon WR will be for sale soon
we are too busy here in WA trying to keep the Perth Motorplex (Local Drag racing and speedway facility) alive.

So no at this point...........all my funds are being put together for the 2018 Bathurst Push corporate box :O)
Old 13 May 2017, 23:17 (Ref:3733302)   #46
Terry S
Racer

Quote:
YES! It appears there was some mischief making going on for some strange reason in the Wikipedia sites for Walkinshaw Racing and Scott Corporation.

Both sites have now been changed since this time yesterday..
Old 15 May 2017, 10:43 (Ref:3733588)   #47
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedcafe poll: 'Will a leadership change help Walkinshaw Racing?'

It is currently running at 84% favouring 'no'.
Old 15 May 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3733597)   #48
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly they need a change of technical direction, so nothing will change unless that does.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3733616)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Clearly they need a change of technical direction, so nothing will change unless that does.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They did that last year, and made no impact.

WP needs a Ludo-like character to be technical director. Not sure who is hanging around with that capability. Yet GRM have proved this year, a group of young, hungry players not afraid to work hard can caise miracles
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 May 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3733617)   #50
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long before JC follows him out the door?

They arrived at the same time, doubt this will inspire JC to hang around.

Could he leave soon, if things don't improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
They did that last year, and made no impact.

WP needs a Ludo-like character to be technical director. Not sure who is hanging around with that capability. Yet GRM have proved this year, a group of young, hungry players not afraid to work hard can caise miracles
Also harder now that they dumped ATB, and need to replace him.

Probably more urgent to change team principal thought....

Last edited by TWRv12; 15 May 2017 at 13:29.