Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:06 (Ref:2026518)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber-Vettel, what happened?

Has anyone seen the incident between Webber and Vettel? The cameramen had too much sake this week-end, we missed out a lot of action... Is the incident shown somewhere on the net?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:19 (Ref:2026531)   #2
Mickcals
Racer

Mickcals has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber must have been arming up his brakes, cause he slowed in the middle of the corner, and Vettel must have been arming up his tyres and ran into the back of Webber.

It pretty much as a result of poor visibility
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:40 (Ref:2026548)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcals
Webber must have been arming up his brakes, cause he slowed in the middle of the corner, and Vettel must have been arming up his tyres and ran into the back of Webber.

It pretty much as a result of poor visibility
Vettel admitted that he was distracted by a slowing Lewis Hamilton, and before he knew it, he had driven into Mark Webber. Inexperience I guess.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2026567)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't think the powers that be at Red Bull will be happy whatever you do don't hit your team mate.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:07 (Ref:2026571)   #5
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find its more due to Lewis backing the pack up ridiculously.

Lewis was the one that deserved to have Vettel up his backside, not Webber.

Lewis was playing cat and mouse with other drivers in poor visibility. Refer to the start of the 'race' with Alonso and you will see what i mean.

I dont mind that kind of gamesmanship in good weather... but when the visability is poor, it should be outlawed.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:12 (Ref:2026574)   #6
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raglanparade
I think you will find its more due to Lewis backing the pack up ridiculously.

Lewis was the one that deserved to have Vettel up his backside, not Webber.

Lewis was playing cat and mouse with other drivers in poor visibility. Refer to the start of the 'race' with Alonso and you will see what i mean.

I dont mind that kind of gamesmanship in good weather... but when the visability is poor, it should be outlawed.
I agree on that Raglan, I just wonder if it isn't time for for some better guidelines on what the leader can and can't do. I thought the first start was bulls@@t. To appear to be going for the line as you are going through the last corner and to then brake heavily in those conditions bordered on plain stupidity. But it was "lewis" so it will be forgotten.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:29 (Ref:2026591)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
I agree on that Raglan, I just wonder if it isn't time for for some better guidelines on what the leader can and can't do. I thought the first start was bulls@@t. To appear to be going for the line as you are going through the last corner and to then brake heavily in those conditions bordered on plain stupidity. But it was "lewis" so it will be forgotten.
It's not just Hamilton who does it though. It seems to happen all the time. It is something that needs to be looked at.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:47 (Ref:2026596)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team quotes from Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Vettel
Sebastian Vettel (DNF, Accident): "I made a good start and the race was going well. Then, with the final safety car, I was behind Lewis and Mark and exiting Turn 13, I looked to the right and saw Lewis going really slowly, I don't know why, but I thought he had a problem. Probably he was heating his brakes. Then, by the time I looked forward again, I was already in the back of Mark's car and I think he had also reacted to Lewis. I apologise now to Mark because I ruined both our races."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Webber
Mark Webber (DNF, Accident): "That was a completely disastrous finish. We were in very, very good shape to challenge Lewis for first today. We were strong and I didn't make any mistakes despite the tricky conditions, cars were aquaplaning and the visibility was very poor. Fernando's crash caused the second safety car stint, which bunched everyone back up again. That wasn't great; I would have liked to have continued to the end of the race. Vettel was a bit wild behind me during the first safety car period and then did a very good job of hitting me very hard under the second safety car. I think today he will have learnt a very valuable lesson."
Mr Webber still not very calm
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:55 (Ref:2026604)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but the last sentence of his quote very correct.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 09:07 (Ref:2026607)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But it begs the question as to why Mr Hamilton was even in Mr Vettel's field of view... under safety car conditions Mr Vettel was directly behind Mr Webber... so in theory the Red Bull Renault should have been his only focus

If Mr Hamilton had stopped, Mr Webber would have assumed the lead position behind the safety car, and Mr Vettel would still be required to use Mr Webber as his point of reference.

You would think the boys and girls in the pits would have tried to manage this situation huh?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:18 (Ref:2026740)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't really merge this practically, so we'll close this one.

Webber/Vettel chatter can be found here:http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100622

Closed Thread