Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Oct 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2552453)   #1
Andy 325
Rookie

United Kingdom
Andy 325 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masssa says Title should be his.

So Massa is bleating that Piquet Jr's crash cost him the title last season. Very good, did Piquet also cause him to drive off with the fuel rig still attached to his car?
Maybe Piquet's car was also spewing out oil at Silverstone and caused him to spin 5 times.
Get over it son.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2552497)   #2
tonful
Rookie

England
Enfield
tonful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see him getting very far with getting the championship results amended. Like you say Piquet didn't make the Ferrari team mess up the pitstop, something they managed to do at other races during the season aswell so it wasn't caused by the pressure of the safety car.

If anything the about the Singapore result was to be changed the obvious thing would be to remove Renault and Alonso, which doesn't help Massa as it would only move him up to 12th but would move Hamilton up to 2nd

Maybe Hamilton should ask the FIA to look into the race fixing that was carried out by the Ferrari drivers in China when Kimi blatently lifted on the straight to allow Massa past.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2552501)   #3
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
The trouble with all of this is that if something that happened handn't have happened, then anything else could have happened instead!
(This is why time-travellers are not allowed to go back and change history )
Old 2 Oct 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2552502)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I've mentioned this elsewhere but I agree with you. He has no real ground for complaint, though Bononi (who is Brazilian) claims that what Massa really meant has been lost in translation.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2552593)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Fact of the matter is, had Piquet not intentionally spun, then Massa, wouldn't have pitted when he did and maybe his fuel rig wouldn't have stuck, but then, fact is, had his engine not blown in Hungary he'd have had 10 points there, s happen's, some time's life's not fair, things can't be changed now so he need's to forget it and look to the future.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2552596)   #6
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
The trouble with all of this is that if something that happened handn't have happened, then anything else could have happened instead!
(This is why time-travellers are not allowed to go back and change history )
Ahhhh, but their mere presence as interlopers would change history by itself.

If Button wraps it up this weekend, I will skip the last few races and watch reruns of The Time Tunnel.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2552658)   #7
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can understand how he feels, its pretty normal for him to make a comment about it as of course the thought would have been foremost in his mind when he heard of all this, especially injured and not being able to race.

For me, the key thing is how much my (and pretty much everyone elses) respect for the fellow went up with his gracious comments at the end of the Brazilian race--and so if he says out loud what most of us have already thought, well, thats fine with me.

Personally because of the time gone by since the race, I dont really see it being changed, but his comments of being robbed....well, I do agree with him.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2552663)   #8
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont understand how he can come out and make this statement, he finnished twelthe. Even if the race didnt have the crash Im certain (if memory serves me correct) I think he was on for a top 10 finnish possibly grabbing a few points but nothing to that would have ultimately stop Lewis from winning the title anyway, I feel for the guy I do but I cant help he is kicking a fuss over "nothing".
Old 2 Oct 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2552672)   #9
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and if Hamilton had been 'reamed' in spa and and and and.....plenty of "ands". how ironic that Massa is whining now, but when in Hockenheim his season was summed up when he was embarrassed by the eventual champ Hamilton in a pitifully easy overtake and then couldn't catch up ironically enough Piquet, who beat him to second. Andy 325 - exactly, get over it son

Massa is "mixed plumbing" he runs hot and cold. If were more consistent like Fernando then he would have been champion. Fernando his going to very much overshadow him next year and I bet we hear plenty of whining and excuses from him again too.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2552677)   #10
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm betting this is the typical media asks a specific question to force a specific answer, and then takes it out of context.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2552686)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I've mentioned this elsewhere but I agree with you. He has no real ground for complaint, though Bononi (who is Brazilian) claims that what Massa really meant has been lost in translation.
Yes. Massa didn't say that he was robbed (or the title was a theft going to Hamilton), he said that that Renault - Briatore - manipulated the results. His anger was for Renault and Piquet Jnr. He said that in that interview that Piquet did right to tell the FIA, but he should have done this right after the race, which would eventually lead the race to be cancelled and then teh history of the 2008 season would be different. He didn't say that the title should be his, but I won't dispute that, or change the title of this thread. I'm really tired of all it has been said in the news, and as it involves brazilians, I started to pay attention how the foreign media uses parts of interviews to make sensationalism over a subject. It happened with Massa's accident and now with the Piquets. Unfortunately, they don't care because people would never doubt their attitude. So it's easy to get the "interesting bits" and mount "shocking news" out of context.
Anyone can say : "But he said that, because <insert the website here> and they are a reliable source", and that's all.
That's a shame.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2552690)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Furthermore, I'm not defending Massa and or the Piquets. I know that Super Hans know it so well, but some members here might think otherwise.
I know Massa is ****ed at Piquet Jnr, and I have links - brazilians - to show that, and that's his main argument over the issue. I don't know what Ferrari tried to do related to the happenings.
Personally, Hamilton's title was more than deserved, he was "robbed" at Spa and he won the title by more than one point really.
If Massa think otherwise, then he certainly should do better next time to be sure he's really worth to have a WDC.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2552691)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
I dont understand how he can come out and make this statement, he finnished twelthe. Even if the race didnt have the crash Im certain (if memory serves me correct) I think he was on for a top 10 finnish possibly grabbing a few points but nothing to that would have ultimately stop Lewis from winning the title anyway, I feel for the guy I do but I cant help he is kicking a fuss over "nothing".
The point is that he thinks that Piquet should have alerted the FIA after the race and not when he was fired by the team, this way the race would be cancelled and maybe he would have a better chance to fight for the title. That was the context of his answer.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2552704)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Thanks for clearing it up Bon. When you take the spin off it, it doesn't seem like such an outrageous comment after all.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2552715)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
If Massa think otherwise, then he certainly should do better next time to be sure he's really worth to have a WDC.
Come on mate, thats a bit harsh, sure he lucked into the Spa win, but the pit lane incident in Singapore and the engine blow up were out of his control. Had these 2 incidents not happened but not gained the win in Spa, he still would have had 7 wins to Lewis's 6. I don't know how he could have done much better.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2552721)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity Bononi, can you please post a link to what he said in Portuguese? (I speak Spanish and can sometimes understand a tiny bit of Portuguese).
Old 2 Oct 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2552758)   #17
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Masssa says Title should be his"

Well it isn't Fellipe, so get over it buddy.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2552780)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I think Felipe is barking up the wrong tree here and may do his image more harm than good. He shot up in my estimation in Brazil last year when he won the race and so nearly won the title, but took the loss of it in the most sporting and dignified way possible. That is how I prefer to remember his 2008 season, not like this.

The one I do feel sorry for is Nico Rosberg, who should have won the race. He has mentioned it briefly but moved on. That's a much better approach.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2552796)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Out of curiosity Bononi, can you please post a link to what he said in Portuguese? (I speak Spanish and can sometimes understand a tiny bit of Portuguese).
Here's the video and the news in portuguese :

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esport...+UM+ROUBO.html
Old 2 Oct 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2552800)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It just makes light of the situation where if Piquet Jr. ratted right after the race then Briatore and Symonds would have been gone and Piquet would be in a much better position today. No?

By the way, if Singapore 2008 would have been null and void after the race, how would the points been affected overall at the end of the season?
Old 2 Oct 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2552806)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
It just makes light of the situation where if Piquet Jr. ratted right after the race then Briatore and Symonds would have been gone and Piquet would be in a much better position today. No?

By the way, if Singapore 2008 would have been null and void after the race, how would the points been affected overall at the end of the season?
That's the whole point, you can't think of it as the way it ended. If Singapore results were cancelled right after the race then it could have been a different story, that's what Massa claimed.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 18:08 (Ref:2552809)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ultimately he must look at his own team. If his pitstop hadn't been a disaster he would have still finished in 3rd ahead of Lewis giving him the title. Or if his engine hadn't blown up in Hungary, or the poor start in Australia or his general crappiness in Silverstone. He had ample opportunities and the team on most occasions or himself on a couple blew it.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 20:49 (Ref:2552902)   #23
Andy 325
Rookie

United Kingdom
Andy 325 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah. All taken out of context by the bad old media eh? I can understand the guys frustration at events of the last months but please spare us the "taken out of context" routine. How many times have footballers for example given made negative comments to the media in their own country not thinking the rest of the world will know. Then two days later when it's in the media making some back tracking out of context remark.
Massa made a mistake in what he said and he probably realises that now.

The title was not won and lost in a single race. What if's are a waste of time.
Old 3 Oct 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2553009)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who is Masssa....Felipe's pet snake?

The Piquet incident could have harmed Massa's chances, might not have. I tend to think his error strewn races at Silverstone, Malaysia and Melbourne were somewhat more costly.

On the other hand he was gifted points at Belgium, China and Japan, whilst his main rival was handicapped most weekends for some 'infringement' or another.

Also a good result at Singapore for Massa would have possibly changed his and Hamiltons approach in races afterwards.

At the end of the day, the guy with the most points through a tricky season won.
Old 3 Oct 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2553246)   #25
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
whilst his main rival was handicapped most weekends for some 'infringement' or another.
Ron, is that you?