Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Feb 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3211184)   #26
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Why no GTE version of the GT-R R35?

Because the car is old. The R36 is coming in a few years.

Because there's new GT rules set for 2016-ish. No point in developing a car for just two seasons.

Because it's cheaper to run at the Spa and Nürburgring 24h for an overall win, instead or running a Le Mans for a class win.
Old 3 Mar 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3213777)   #27
baszero
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
baszero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I took the photo at the Mondial of Paris last october ; the Signatech ORECA was there.
it was a great looking car... I also did take photos live at Le Mans 2012:
http://500px.com/photo/27335025
Old 5 Mar 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3214629)   #28
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The FIA GT1 Nissan's ran V8s.
The FIA GT3 Nissan's run straight 6, turbo'd.
Given BMW's habit of getting non standard bits into LM, I can't see why they couldn't just slow the GT1 Nissan down to GT-E pace. MUCH better engine noise than the GT3.

But I still don't believe EITHER belongs at Le Mans. It's a saloon. NOT a GT.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3214633)   #29
baszero
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
....But I still don't believe EITHER belongs at Le Mans. It's a saloon. NOT a GT.
If a saloon car looks like this, then every GT car is a saloon car!

Old 5 Mar 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3214702)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a lot more like a GT car than some supposedly GT cars that I could mention but everyone would moan and groan if I did it again.........
Old 5 Mar 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3214720)   #31
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't care what shape or size - if it's a works GT car that's going to add to the show I want to see it at Le Mans.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3215898)   #32
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Given BMW's habit of getting non standard bits into LM, I can't see why they couldn't just slow the GT1 Nissan down to GT-E pace. MUCH better engine noise than the GT3.

It's a GT car not a saloon. Not even close to being a saloon.....

And the R35 uses a V6TT, not an I6TT like the original GTRs.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3215902)   #33
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by baszero View Post
FIA GT1 as such doesn't exist anymore, but on Jan 10th 2013 it was announced that the FIA GT Series will be the basis for those cars:
http://www.fiagtseries.com/news/deta...is-go-for-2013

If you would like to see Lucas Luhr, you have to watch the Blancpain Endurance Series (but no Bathurst):
http://blancpain-endurance-series.com/
that I will.

Quote:

Nissan GT-R , I think the name gives it away. saloons have 2 more doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
It's a GT car not a saloon. Not even close to being a saloon.....
ill say..
Old 8 Mar 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3215911)   #34
baszero
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I don't care what shape or size - if it's a works GT car that's going to add to the show I want to see it at Le Mans.
that's a good statement!

and that's the spirit I like so much when being at Le Mans. People are there because it is about racing. Sure everybody has favorites, but every brand is generally welcome as long as it makes the race more interesting.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3215922)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The spirit of le mans throws up many surprises and after 30 plus years i have on many occasions ended up cheering for cars that before i would never have supported, loving the determination of some makes and the sound of others plus the pure love of the sport shone by many teams.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3216052)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are you writing strap lines for the ACO now Simon......?

You are right, of course.......
Old 8 Mar 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3216060)   #37
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The spirit of le mans throws up many surprises and after 30 plus years i have on many occasions ended up cheering for cars that before i would never have supported, loving the determination of some makes and the sound of others plus the pure love of the sport shone by many teams.
Very well put and sums up my feelings exactly.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 11:52 (Ref:3218267)   #38
baszero
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
First photos from the test days appeared on endurance-info.

Again: this IS DEFINITLY a GT car:

Cheers and to all: enjoy Sebring!