Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2411850)   #1
petebendon
Rookie

petebendon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats wrong with v8 fans??

at winton tody i saw a woman have a go at garth tander -- she wanted him out the back of the garage for more autographs. garth explained he had been out their and would do more but he was working.

he was nice -- i even got a couple cars signed -- and was doing the best he can and also testing, but the woman abused him and the guy next to her said brock spent all his time out back why didnt he -- garth said brock had no limit testing and he had four days only.

fairs fair i say, they do have work to do and tander was trying to please everyone but some fatso mouthed off

good on you garth and all the others signing today, i appreciated your time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:34 (Ref:2411854)   #2
kowalski the lone driver
Rookie

Australia
brisbane
kowalski the lone driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bogans
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:36 (Ref:2411855)   #3
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some people don't really understand how the whole V8 thing works, they think these cars are real road going cars and that the drivers have nothing better to do than stand there and sign, when in fact there is some serious testing to be done.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2411862)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
****ing nuff nuffs, geez this gripes me most of them try and do what they can for you, they do have to work it would be good if some people understand that. sometimes you are lucky to catch up with them in their busy schedule and they are nice sometimes you miss out, fine no worries wait until next time.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2411871)   #5
rocks harder
Rookie

Denmark
sunny coast
rocks harder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some people are idiots if it was me i would have told her to **** off. the drivers are awesome and so accessible but you got to remember they do have more important issues at a race track. i would prefer to see my favourite driver win then get his bloody autograph!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2411875)   #6
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocks harder View Post
some people are idiots if it was me i would have told her to **** off. the drivers are awesome and so accessible but you got to remember they do have more important issues at a race track. i would prefer to see my favourite driver win then get his bloody autograph!
You mean like Wayne Gardner used to?

There are ways to say 'No!' and it seems Tander has it down pat.

The other side of the coin though is that if drivers are going to 'go out the back' to sign autographs or whatever else, they need to keep going until they have satisfied everyone (I know this wasn't the case here) because, at the end of the day, it IS those people 'out the back' that effectively make up his annual salary - without them...well doesn't need to be said.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2411880)   #7
petebendon
Rookie

well i was there and i can vouch that garth was polite and told the lady he would be out again -- he and the other drivers were great today, wintersbottom, richards, davison, tander, murphy -- pity some fans were rude
Old 9 Mar 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2411884)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I even saw Murph hugging babies for photo's....is he running for election ???

was good to see though
Old 9 Mar 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2411895)   #9
rocks harder
Rookie

Denmark
sunny coast
rocks harder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah captain chaos and i would get on just fine. nah i agree that the fans are important and garth would know this. but some people just dont seem to get it. ive waited for autographs before and missed out no biggy like pro racer said just catch up with them next time.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2411919)   #10
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski the lone driver View Post
bogans
welfare,kids to many VBs.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2411925)   #11
dougcharli
Rookie

dougcharli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion is that "our" sport has grown to such an extent that we really should have designated times and areas for the drivers to meet the fans, regardless of whether it is a test or a race meeting - that way the fans know they have xxx minutes to get their **** together and the drivers can plan it around their schedule like any other media appearance!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2411955)   #12
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
Between Winton & Wakefield
Adam Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 test days are not meet the public days, they were going all day flat out, and then the crash put things behind time. I guess people don't understand how busy it is. It was also interesting to see people refusing to pay the donation at the gate, not many, but they were people who could clearly afford something looking at the vehicles they were driving.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2411974)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So does this mean we can change the thread title to "What's wrong with a very small percentage of V8 fans who act like when most are polite, generous and enthusiastic about their sport?"
Old 9 Mar 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2411991)   #14
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morons like that give real fans a bad name.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2412002)   #15
petebendon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ronke View Post
It was also interesting to see people refusing to pay the donation at the gate, not many, but they were people who could clearly afford something looking at the vehicles they were driving.
bet one was the fatso bogan shiela abusing tander, low renter
Old 9 Mar 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2412013)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
V8 test days are not meet the public days, they were going all day flat out, and then the crash put things behind time. I guess people don't understand how busy it is. It was also interesting to see people refusing to pay the donation at the gate, not many, but they were people who could clearly afford something looking at the vehicles they were driving.
thats just down right ****ed excuse the french there are some wastes of space in society, it is for a great cause as any charity is and i would actually be very happy to pay the donation probably even add a little more too it.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2412048)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It was also interesting to see people refusing to pay the donation at the gate, not many, but they were people who could clearly afford something looking at the vehicles they were driving.
Ohhh it wasnt compulsory ???

Not that it made a difference to me , I had 4 people in the car, $2 each , there ya go mate have $8 and I can watch V8's run around the track for the day.

The fact that it was for a good cause I would have donated anyway but i just assumed that was cost of entry (according to the TV ad which I think stated gold coin entry/donation) and Winton were donating all entry fee's to the bushfire appeal.

The fact that even 1 person refused to pay really annoys me , but well done to Winton Motor Raceway on this great effort. I got there right on 9am and the poor guy holding the bucket was already struggling to lift it so for the people that didnt pay Im glad that plenty seemed to have
Old 10 Mar 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2412834)   #18
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got there at 7:45 and there was already quite a few people wandering around the place.

Despite the fact I was working I too chucked a $2 coin in the bucket.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2412846)   #19
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcharli View Post
My opinion is that "our" sport has grown to such an extent that we really should have designated times and areas for the drivers to meet the fans, regardless of whether it is a test or a race meeting - that way the fans know they have xxx minutes to get their **** together and the drivers can plan it around their schedule like any other media appearance!
Even though this was a test day, a designated appearance time/place for the drivers isn't a bad idea. Maybe they could stagger it, it would also make for a couple of less cars on the track at times.

eg:
10am - 10.30am Murphy/ Tander
11am - 11.30am S Richards/ Reynolds
12pm - 12.30pm McConville/ T Kelly

and so on all day. Put it on a board where the drivers will be so you know when to turn up to see your driver. Also then gives the drivers an easier way to say "that's enough" when their time is over.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2412872)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i like that idea Gaz.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2413136)   #21
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why force drivers to make appearances? If they don't want to meet you, why do you want to meet them??

I was in line with a team boss at Oran Park a few years back, he was more interested in his bag full of paddle pops for the crew melting than talking to anyone about his cars..... how many of them gave his team a second thought when their car coughed and spluttered round all day at Bathurst a year or two later....
Old 10 Mar 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2413170)   #22
petebendon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Even though this was a test day, a designated appearance time/place for the drivers isn't a bad idea. Maybe they could stagger it, it would also make for a couple of less cars on the track at times.

eg:
10am - 10.30am Murphy/ Tander
11am - 11.30am S Richards/ Reynolds
12pm - 12.30pm McConville/ T Kelly

and so on all day. Put it on a board where the drivers will be so you know when to turn up to see your driver. Also then gives the drivers an easier way to say "that's enough" when their time is over.
what happnens when your 10 pepole away in the cue for tander and they shut off at 10.30? Miss out, but some like her will cry poor sat tander was bad!!!! fact tander was out back signing forever -- i got autographs -- when they worked on his car he was good but fatso wanted more and abused him........just pure be-atch!! most people there go to all the races so it's not like another time for autographs wont come up. sometimes i'm embarased to be a v8 fan with people so rude to drivers
Old 10 Mar 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2413255)   #23
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With respect, that's hardly a very polite post in return. I don't think there's much more to say on this subject at the moment. Point taken, 'nuff said.

Closed.