Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Feb 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2403680)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Farewell Peter "Pip" Borrman

allthough not quite V8 Supercars it is motorsport related.

The castrol Aviator Peter "Pip" Borrman has passed away today after crashing his stunt plane near Shepparton in Victoria.

Pip was well known for his aerobatics and stunts which he performed at many airshows and V8 supercar events.

I have personally seen him at both Winton and Sandown and Im sure he attended other meetings as well.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...71-661,00.html

His stunts amazed onlookers and certainly were fantastic to watch especially as several times he was hooked up to track commentary and describing what he was doing. you could often hear him struggling for breath and the sheer strain on his body when he was pulling some harder maneuvers.

A huge loss to both the Aviation and Motorsport communities and my condolences go out to his family and friends and a HUGE Thank you from me to Pip himself for giving me some memorable images of his stunts in action.

RIP
Peter "Pip" Borrman
Old 25 Feb 2009, 07:41 (Ref:2403682)   #2
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Pip.

Was practicing for the Avalon airshow which is in a couple of weeks time.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2403725)   #3
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
allthough not quite V8 Supercars it is motorsport related.

The castrol Aviator Peter "Pip" Borrman has passed away today after crashing his stunt plane near Shepparton in Victoria.

Pip was well known for his aerobatics and stunts which he performed at many airshows and V8 supercar events.

I have personally seen him at both Winton and Sandown and Im sure he attended other meetings as well.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...71-661,00.html

His stunts amazed onlookers and certainly were fantastic to watch especially as several times he was hooked up to track commentary and describing what he was doing. you could often hear him struggling for breath and the sheer strain on his body when he was pulling some harder maneuvers.

A huge loss to both the Aviation and Motorsport communities and my condolences go out to his family and friends and a HUGE Thank you from me to Pip himself for giving me some memorable images of his stunts in action.

RIP
Peter "Pip" Borrman
You are right Marcus, it is not exactly V8's, but Pip was a part of the V8 extended family, that is, people like Pip , Robby bolger , who come along and entertain V8 fans are part of the V8 presentation. They do become regular fixtures and should be entitled to be a part of the V8 Scence.

I'm sure patrons and volunteers would look skyward to see his exploits, just the same as we watch Robbie doing donuts.

I don't think I saw him action personaly, but like others, I feel for his family and friends.

Like all of us, he was doing what he enjoyed and preparing to entertain the patrons.

RIP
Old 25 Feb 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2403778)   #4
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume this was him at Winton 06. It was always good seeing the jets fly over, but to see the acrobatics of the tiny plane was amazing.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2403842)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sad news. RIP.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2404285)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats even worse (in the sense he is not alone) is Tom Moone died at Temora a few weeks ago, and if i recall correctly he had performed aerobatics at OP and possibly EC a number of times, with the PA hookup
Old 26 Feb 2009, 01:29 (Ref:2404288)   #7
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444
whats even worse (in the sense he is not alone) is Tom Moone died at Temora a few weeks ago, and if i recall correctly he had performed aerobatics at OP and possibly EC a number of times, with the PA hookup
Yes, I thought of this watching the news last night. Proves it is a dangerous past time.

R.I.P.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 01:36 (Ref:2405047)   #8
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by birtek
I assume this was him at Winton 06. It was always good seeing the jets fly over, but to see the acrobatics of the tiny plane was amazing.
Yep, that was him, a real good bloke. My sons used to play baseball with his son Ed. I used to frequent his business (which is just around the corner) a fair bit to get bits for our XE racecar.

Devasting news for Shepp, it has rocked everyone.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2405657)   #9
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
Between Winton & Wakefield
Adam Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news, Pip was a real nice guy and loved to come to Winton and perform his shows.

I remember sitting in the office at Winton one day in the middle of the week when this air craft came across the and buzzed over the top of the office block. Everyone ran to see what the bloody hell was going on, only to see the smoke trail of Pip heading off in the distance, I guess that was his way of saying hello on his way to a show!

RIP Pip
Old 28 Feb 2009, 06:08 (Ref:2405900)   #10
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He was certainly a character who will be sadly missed by many.

It's a shame we never got to meet him as it's a bit hard to land at V8 events to say G'day in person.

My thoughts are with the Shep community (and Trev).
Old 1 Mar 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2406413)   #11
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After watching him fly many many times, there is plenty of space in the Winton infiled to put his plane down, he didn't need much space, it was an engine with wings strappd to it.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2406457)   #12
V8RYAN
Racer

Australia
SANDOWN
V8RYAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was terrible when i heard that he had passed, it was great to see him in action and his commentary topped it off. He also built that plane himself !!

i know that myself, my wife and my mates that frequent the V8 rounds will miss him.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 01:39 (Ref:2414034)   #13
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
After watching him fly many many times, there is plenty of space in the Winton infiled to put his plane down, he didn't need much space, it was an engine with wings strappd to it.

The back straight would be plenty of room.

At the funeral (it was HUGE) they had a flyover of two FA18's (his son is an Air Force pilot) and trhe did a vertical climb on full noise above the church, its sending shivers up my spine just thinking about it now...some absolute....I can think of a word to describe this toerag..rang the RAAF and the local members office to complain about the noise

Pip, we are going to miss your Saturday morning practice sessions, we got for free most weekends what others had to pay to attend major events to watch. You will be missed Why be ordinary when you can be extraordinary