Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Mar 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2409409)   #1
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Leanne Tander Sunrise "Interview"

I don't know if anyone caught Mark Baretta "interview" Leanne Tander this morning, but it was an absolute shocker.

If Mark interviewed a guy like that, he'd likely cop a punch in the mouth for his efforts. It showed absolutely no respect to Leanne at all, in fact, most of it was focussed on Mark himself.

Such a great opportunity to hear from Leanne wasted for a poor attempt at humour. Channel 7 hang your heads in shame over this one.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2409421)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i didin''t see it myself but it dosn't sound to good, what exactly did he say?

i don't get the whole gender thing, while it is great to have a woman taking part and it's good for the sport but once the helmet goes on and she hops in the car she is just another driver.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2409432)   #3
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They were driving around Albert Park (amongst all the construction work for the GP) and Mark was making stupid comments like how far do you indicate before a corner, and then that they had to reverse park the car so that he had better do it rather than Leanne (bringing in the old stereotype that women can't park, what this has to do with a racetrack beats me). Even the sound of Mark supposedly hitting the car behind him then only made it more pathetic.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2409435)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Click Here

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2409447)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a very slow train wreck that interview. It sounds liked that Mark was trying his sleazly best to hit on Mrs Tander. I have a bigger respect for Leanne now, putting up with Mark and his stereotypical and sleazy attitude.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2409467)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
it is abit average there.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2409546)   #7
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets hope Ch7 find him a monster truck to test drive before the season starts.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2409992)   #8
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Lets hope Ch7 find him a monster truck to test drive before the season starts.

Even better, maybe they can find him a "special" seat in one of the cars that the monster truck runs over. I wonder how long it would take Mr Beretta to park a supertruck?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 6 Mar 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2410001)   #9
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was alright. A mostly positive segment about Leanne, especially considering how short it was. Whats wrong with a little light hearted banter?. Bit cheesy, but so what.

During the link at the end, Beretta was again very positive about Leanne.

You should consider how lucky V8S is to have this kind of coverage. Wouldn't get a seconds air time in many countries.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 00:30 (Ref:2410008)   #10
jim beam
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
jim beam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
They were driving around Albert Park (amongst all the construction work for the GP) and Mark was making stupid comments like how far do you indicate before a corner, and then that they had to reverse park the car so that he had better do it rather than Leanne (bringing in the old stereotype that women can't park, what this has to do with a racetrack beats me). Even the sound of Mark supposedly hitting the car behind him then only made it more pathetic.
Gaz you are the very reason we have broadcasting standards authority people in this world. To listen to all the whingers and thier moaning. Man if you can't see the humour in that then you need to take a good hard long look at yourself or at least get a job cause it's quite obvious you have nothing better to do than whinge and moan. Considering the little coverage that these taxi's get I would have thought a bit of light hearted antics during an interview would be good coverage.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2410009)   #11
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meh.. I thought it was OK. Not as bad as I was expecting after reading here.

I mean what else do you expect from Mark Beretta.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 00:49 (Ref:2410015)   #12
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't too bad, I would rather have Barretts do it than that Gibson bloke.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2410019)   #13
Tucky70
Rookie

Australia
Qld
Tucky70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as far as the Ch 7 coverage of the V8s is concerned I much prefer Gibson to Berretta. Get rid of him please (and take Mathew White with him).
Old 6 Mar 2009, 03:19 (Ref:2410047)   #14
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim beam View Post
Gaz you are the very reason we have broadcasting standards authority people in this world. To listen to all the whingers and thier moaning. Man if you can't see the humour in that then you need to take a good hard long look at yourself or at least get a job cause it's quite obvious you have nothing better to do than whinge and moan. Considering the little coverage that these taxi's get I would have thought a bit of light hearted antics during an interview would be good coverage.
I see nothing funny in his attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I stand by my previous comments that it could have been a much better interview if he hadn't tried to be funny.

As for me getting a job, I'll keep the one I currently have thanks.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2410288)   #15
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never mind all that. How about the error in fact when Mel says that Leanne's making her Bathurst 1000 debut? I thought that was a few years back - silly me.

Kramer
Old 6 Mar 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2410463)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
well she is making her Bathurst debut as Leanne "Tander" she was Leanne "Ferrier". (she made he debut in 2001 so this is he 2nd outing IIRC)
Old 6 Mar 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2410494)   #17
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post

Even better, maybe they can find him a "special" seat in one of the cars that the monster truck runs over. I wonder how long it would take Mr Beretta to park a supertruck?
In fact, can they get the whole of the Sunrise crew in the same car? The whole show's pathetic so it comes as no surprise as this "interview" is being panned here. Personally it could have been worse if it was David Koch, Fifi Box or Melissa Doyle (or Larry Emdur) did the piece.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 21:32 (Ref:2410615)   #18
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHen you buy the rights for XXXXX $$$$$$$, you can only afford to get the bottom of the barrell staff.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2410632)   #19
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Fifi Box? Is that a real name? Sounds like she's in a certain sort of film.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2410708)   #20
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing wrong with a bit of humour but only when it's friendly banter rather than a comments with stereotype digs in it.

He did say some nice things about Leanne but kept belittling the segment by reverting back to the same old woman driver jokes which would have been ok if he wasnt talking about a young lady taking her sport very seriously and trying desperately to obtain the backing to race full time.

Would you want to sponsor someone who draws this type of publicity versus a Garth Tander (or even a FV8 driver or Porsche driver etc) who has fun with his interviewers whilst still commanding a certain level of respect ?

I think this interview said the right words at times but delivered very little in the way of respect for a reputable race car driver with a credible history.

Old 7 Mar 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2410734)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Fifi Box? Is that a real name? Sounds like she's in a certain sort of film.
when i first heard her name on Triple M i thought it was a gee up aswell but it's not. i would deffinatly change it if i was her.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 02:48 (Ref:2410753)   #22
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Beretta is nothing but a complet tool. He should stick to gossip stories for breakfast TV and leave motorsport alone.

Remember when he used to commentate the Super Tourers in their last year ? He didn't even know what makes of cars he was looking at, he distinguished them by colour ! "And here comes insert driver's name here in the...uh...green car.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2410924)   #23
Suttory
Racer

Australia
Too far away from a racetrack !
Suttory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Never mind all that. How about the error in fact when Mel says that Leanne's making her Bathurst 1000 debut? I thought that was a few years back - silly me.

Kramer
I just about screamed at the TV when I heard that one !

Just wait till bathurst when Shelly Craft does the interview Girl Power Baby !

"You could call it Falcon Unbelievable!"
Old 7 Mar 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2410929)   #24
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suttory View Post
Just wait till bathurst when Shelly Craft does the interview Girl Power Baby !
The same Shelley Craft that's now on a rival network?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 9 Mar 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2411752)   #25
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taking it all a bit seriously there, boys. Sunrise is aimed at housewife types and they don't give a toss about Leanne Tander and how many Bathursts she has or hasn't driven in.