Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 Nov 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2983216)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping tips at Silverstone Moto GP

Just bought tickets for next years event, however not sure which campsite to go to http://www.silverstone.co.uk/about/a...ion/campsites/

Anyone got any tips/horror stories?
Old 8 Nov 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2983221)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Though not an official Silverstone site, I have stayed at New Rookery Farm for the F1 race twice. It was a good location, lots of space but was pretty pricey.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2986697)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that pretty pricey in English terms or Scottish? Thanks for the info though, I will give them a Google and see. Did like the look of the Golf course but no leccy hookups :-(
Old 15 Nov 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2986774)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
ghin, i usually stay at Whittlebury for the F1, not sure if they cover the MotoGP of course. It is a little pricey in comparison, but it's alot closer and generally better run (no fun fair going off next to your head at 3am - unless that's your thing of course!! )
Old 29 Mar 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3050439)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
ghin, i usually stay at Whittlebury for the F1, not sure if they cover the MotoGP of course. It is a little pricey in comparison, but it's alot closer and generally better run (no fun fair going off next to your head at 3am - unless that's your thing of course!! )
Sorry Mr V, I forgot about this - will have a look now!
Old 13 Apr 2012, 03:50 (Ref:3058163)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Whittlebury it is, Farm plots. Drop in for a beer if your near!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3089846)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Waterproofs packed. And plenty beers!!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3089854)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did look at this, but for me charging more than 30 quid to wqatch qualifying is just a bit of a micky take!

Anything around 20 would be fine, I know there is a bit of racing, but this is how meetings seem to be now, they put on a cuople of races and a sort of show later on and charge about the same for both days!

Takes the mick really, but I guess if you dont like it dont go, and I wont be, despite the fact I always used to go on qually days in the recent past before Silverstone.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3089864)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

£76 for the weekend inc Fri with roving grandstand.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3089939)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And thats exactly my point

They are not interested in one day visitors, they have marketed the whole thing around you being there all weekend. That way you might spend more at the track, will probably camp (more money) buy a programme (more)

On the day price of 45 quid for qually is an outrage, nearly as bad as Silverstone Classic and Goodwood, though in Goodwoods favout they offer the same thing both days so no difference ehat day you go. That proce for a one off visitor is simply theft on a day when there is little racing and testing for the race!

The days of getting a half decent deal to justw atch qually are gone sadly.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3089978)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
christ, there was me just considering it because at that price it's a bargain...

if you charge people £20 for qualifying how are you expected to work out in advance how many security and concessions staff you need and can afford to hire? if you as a spectator paid £20, it was packed and the bogs weren't clean or you queued for an hour to get food you'd complain wouldn't you?

it's a business. they're charged to hold the race. let's have a bit of a balance between business and spectators. if you go to a big event like any of the grands prix, bike or otherwise you want to go to experience the atmosphere. it's what seperates it from being a clubby. so a £76 weekend ticket is amazing value in that context.

ps regarding camping, i've been on windmill and litchlake for the f1. litchlake is flatter, but windmill is marginally closer. both have similar quality and distribution of bogs and shower blocks.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3090345)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol, atmosphere! I have been to GP's on both 2 and 4 wheels, and apart from the initial few minuted up tot he race there is hardly any!! I ahve know better atmosphere at a stock car race or big speedway event honestly.

I guess I am a hard customer to please, I am not disagreeing thats its good value for three days, but the one day costs are far too high. You say 74 quid for the 3 days, on the day price for Saturday, just Saturday is 45 quid!!

OK booking early always gets you more, but it gets them more too, like bands that offer tickets for gigs 9 months before they are due. You call it business, I call it greed and opportunist marketing. Some tracks dont feelthe need to do this kind of thing, but Silverstone has been doing this for a while now at its big events.

20 quid would guarantee a huge crowd on Saturday, I went to Snetterton last year for BSB qually on a Saturday and there were 15'000 there! OK the weather was awesome. I remember going to Brands on a Friday once and there being about 10'000 there for WSB and it was only a tenner!

I don't mind paying to watch racing, but like the Classic you are also paying for bands, entertainment and in Silverstones case a huge cruiser of a building (which if you have been in it you might not be that impressed) .

But as I say, the three day cost is fine, I just get frustrated that they totally ignore one day visitors now