Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Aug 2016, 11:47 (Ref:3667184)   #1
jamier
Rookie

England
Northampton
jamier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kart Marshalling

Have any of the non-kart marshals amongst us here ever though of giving it a go? If not why not?!

I am involved with a few clubs which seem to struggle with marshal numbers (I know this isn't a kart specific thing and that most circuits struggle unless the BTCC are in town) however I think karting has a lot to offer that for me makes it a great sport to be involved with.

The racing is always close and there will always be something for every member of the team to get involved with. Incident marshals don't have a day just standing on the bank watching you are involved in every race.

Karting can also be a great place for Trainees to hone flag skills as the vast majority of kart marshals are on circuit to flag, I know the flag signals are slightly different to circuit racing but it defiantly helps your decision making.

Every circuit I have been involved with will pay a contribution to your expenses, I know none of us want to be involved in motorsport to make money but it does mean when I go to a kart race meeting it generally doesn't cost me anything, and a couple will always throw in a packed lunch and tea and coffee on tap which is another bonus.

I am a trainee clerk of the course at Hoddesdon Kart Club (near Harlow) and we have our flagship event, The London Cup, coming up next month (17th & 18th of September) and I would love to hear from anybody who would like to come along and give karting a try. We have some experienced heads who will be able to show you the ropes and give guidance. Just PM me or send and email to hkcmarshalrequest@gmail.com if you are interested in joining us.
Old 26 Aug 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3667740)   #2
RNHodge
Rookie

United Kingdom
Never on dry land
RNHodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm interested in Karting (abeit at the opposite end of the country!) So if you know of anyone in the South West who's after volunteers drop me an email at:
Code:
alexhodgkinson[[at]]live.co.uk
Old 27 Aug 2016, 21:45 (Ref:3667919)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Get gold of Clay Pigeon Raceway near Dorchester and Mansel Raceway at Dunkeswell near Honiton. Both will be delighted to see you and if you get to Clay come up and say hello - grey Iveco with Attaq Motorsport logos on the side

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Aug 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3668601)   #4
diskj
Rookie

England
Colsterworth, Lincolnshire
diskj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kart Marshals

PFi at Brandon North of Grantham is a great circuit, they hold the European Championships there too. http://www.kartpfi.com/