Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2002, 09:51 (Ref:291230)   #1
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MG Lap Record

According to Mark Blundell's web site, the Intersport MG Lola broke the outright lap record for the series (ALMS) at Sears Point .
I do not know the full story as the web site has stopped talking to my pc, but what i gather is that the Intersport and Knighthawk racing MG's had trouble, one with electrics due to the down poor, and the other do not know.
But they both finished and where second and third in class (again don't know in which order) .
Sounds better all the time for Le Mans, with the factory team having a good few days at Spa with no major problems and all the drivers coming away with even more confedence in the car's and the set up's.
Roll on the BEST RACE IN THE WORLD
Old 21 May 2002, 11:25 (Ref:291321)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fastest race lap car 37 driven by Jon Field @ 1:26.247/106.105 Mph Intersport Lola EX257/AER MG

The Herbert Audi did a 1:26.467
and the winning Panoz a 1:28.616

The full results in pdf can be found at the
IMSA/ALMS website
Old 21 May 2002, 12:47 (Ref:291403)   #3
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's very impressive. With Blundell in the driver's seat there's a real chance that an MG might be in the lead at some point it the race, he did a stunner at PQ.

Roll on June.

FG
Old 21 May 2002, 13:00 (Ref:291436)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
there's a real chance that an MG might be in the lead at some point it the race
Funny that we wrote the same thing at the same time in two different threads (see "performance comparaisons") !

I definitely love those small prototypes... shape and paintings !
Old 21 May 2002, 15:02 (Ref:291583)   #5
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the same as you FG, with Blundell driving we will see an MG leading, kicking some big car butt.

Egor
Old 21 May 2002, 19:03 (Ref:291783)   #6
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the MG did set the Lap record because that is first time that the ALMS have used Sears Point in that configuration. But what I would like to know is if the MG's could have beaten Nishy's lap record when he was in the audi two years ago at 1:21 something on the previous year's course.
Old 22 May 2002, 00:56 (Ref:292069)   #7
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either way, its great to see my team finally doing really good in the ALMS! Go Intersport!