Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 14 Nov 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1460339)   #1
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karting Magazine!

To my surprise when i opened up the karting magazine and flicked through to see the Super 1 TKM page to see if im involved in any of it (which im not) what do i spy in one of the pictures!?

I spy Richard Crozier in the picture, in a bright red top! He dopsnt really look intrested what is going on in the race but he is there none the less!

Well Done Rich
Old 14 Nov 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1460360)   #2
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers!

Here's the offending item:

http://images4.fotopic.net/?iid=y9kx...=95&noresize=1

I was looking off into the distance at Matt Bell, who had gone off at the previous corner, but failed to notice that Pankiw had parked it right under my nose until several seconds later!

Well, think that's the first time I've had my photie in KM, certainly the first time in a national report. All publicity's good publicity I reckon. Onwards n upwards!
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 14 Nov 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1460618)   #3
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best i've had is a black and white pic in the club reports

By the way, what issue is it?
Old 15 Nov 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1461067)   #4
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is this months Karting Magazine issue which he is in!

My best picture in the mag is a quater page picture of me winning a PFI Super 1
Old 15 Nov 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1461078)   #5
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, if its bragging we're at, I made it onto live national TV in Ireland in 1989 on a Saturday afternoon ! It was RTE Sports Stadium [like Grandstand there] from Mondello. Kevin McGarrity, Dino Morelli and half a dozen others of us were told to 'fix' the race so that it would look exciting on TV. We couldn't even do that properly and there was a big shunt as we crossed the line to start the race ! McGarrity went on to 'win', but it was so funny - everyone fighting to get seen by the TV cameras ha ha ha.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1461104)   #6
Dunzer
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Dunzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
OK, if its bragging we're at, I made it onto live national TV in Ireland in 1989 on a Saturday afternoon ! It was RTE Sports Stadium [like Grandstand there] from Mondello. Kevin McGarrity, Dino Morelli and half a dozen others of us were told to 'fix' the race so that it would look exciting on TV. We couldn't even do that properly and there was a big shunt as we crossed the line to start the race ! McGarrity went on to 'win', but it was so funny - everyone fighting to get seen by the TV cameras ha ha ha.
Davyboy,
If you were karting around this time it must have been 100 National? I remember all the names mentioned along with Owen McAuley, Francis Stewart, Derek Cunneely particularly when they all went to FF1600. Surely you must have raced against Dermot Doherty in your karting days?...Dermot is a mate of mine but he and McGarrity and Morelli were all buddies at the time while they were racing. I remember a previous post you made regarding one Ricky Smith.....I did a bit of digging but to no avail...did you ever find out any info yourself?

Dunzer
Old 15 Nov 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1461128)   #7
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, I was in 100 National at the time. I did juniors from 1983-1985 [finished 4th in the championship in 1984] and had plenty of battles [not always friendly] with Fran Reilly. I knew Derek and Tommy Cunneely pretty well. Derek was in juniors when I was in 100s. Francie Stewart, wow what a demon driver, an incredible talent. Its such a pity he never went further. He could have been a real star. I didn't race Owen McAuley [he was also little younger than me], but I did race his older brother Andrew. I must admit I don't remember Dermot Doherty, maybe he peaked after I'd left karts to make a total dogs dinner of GTs :-) What years was he around ? There was also some older boys - Jim Flannigan, Joe McCullough and Alan Johnson who gave us whipper snappers a good run for our money too.

I'm going back at the karts again here in the UK in 2006. I'm going to show this lot that 15 years away from the driving seat doesn't make any difference whatsoever [I hope :-)]
Old 15 Nov 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1461158)   #8
Dunzer
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Dunzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dermot was in juniors from about '86 to '88 before he went 100 National in '89 maybe even 1990 so I reckon your paths may not have crossed after all. Fran Reilly is a name I remember in FF1600....in fact all of the names mentioned went on to become very quick peddalers in single seaters albeit at a National level excepting Morelli and McGarrity obviously Wishing you all the best with your kart career.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1461163)   #9
davyboy
Veteran

Ah OK, probably didn't cross over. So many of those guys went on to FF1600 alright. I couldn't afford it, so went to GTs instead. I must have been insane. In fact maybe I still am :-) Cheers for the best wishes though.

To the rest of you guys on the thread, apologies for the brief Irish digression :-)
Old 15 Nov 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1461362)   #10
jjordan
Racer

jjordan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daveyboy, I don't think anyone on here would call your reminises digression, but lets see if you can tolerate a little US dirt track "mud" thrown over the top. Hope that you have been working out a bit for your return, after racing GT's myself for 17 years, I thought that I was "reasonably fit" when I returned to karts. My first race out, my arms were pumped out, my mouth was so dry I couldn't buy a spit, and then I came around and they showed the crossed flags for half distance! By the end my back was so tired I didn't climb out, I just rolled over and on to the ground. What a pounding these little machines give you. Good luck and as the Boy Scouts say:"Be Prepared."
Old 16 Nov 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1462051)   #11
davyboy
Veteran

I am very worried about that alright JJ. When I raced 100cc Nationals I was extremely fit and my body still took a bashing - inside of the knees off the steering column and my ribs too. What scares me most is that I'm sure I've lost my bottle. I'm almost 37 now, well more than twice the age of most other competitors. When I was 16, there was a guy around the age I am now and though he was a pretty good driver he shyed away from any form of combat. I [and probably everyone else] would show him a set of front wheels inside his rears and he would jump out of the way... bet I'll be getting a taste of my own medicine 21 years later ! I have been down the gym a lot in the past year, but not the past two months. I'm getting back at it again though. Its definitely gonna happen :-)
Old 16 Nov 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1462278)   #12
jjordan
Racer

jjordan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't let "the kids" intimidate you, remember what they say "Age and treachery will prevail over youthful enthusiasm." Don't you remember what it was like to be a teenager, they are all 10 feet tall and bulletproof, but when they fall, they fall hard.
Seriously, I think that the definition of maturity is when you understand what the meaning on the word consequences is. Now get in there and show them what you're made of.