Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Aug 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1675941)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snett Barc 5th/6th Aug

Well done to all involved with the Barc meeting for some great racing and early finishes both days.

Many thanks to Jerry, Trish & Doug for all your help over the weekend, brilliant teamwork and a special mention to Will for flagging for the first time and doing a superb job on both days - look forward to having you with us next week. Also thanks to Nick for all your efforts today - greatly appreciated and good to have you back with us at Snet - see you again soon mate.

The Mazda's certainly provided some excellent racing over the weekend - well done to Jez Clark on his win and third place, with mechanical assistance by our own Snetmarshal!!!

Terry
Old 6 Aug 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1675942)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a good days racing, although it's a shame that the Formula Ford races, that I was primarily there for were both cut short.

I think I was attracting accidents today, got a last lap collision in the Westfield race, and a multiple off at Riches in the FF200 race, which was fairly amusing!
Old 7 Aug 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1676360)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was my first BARC meeting at Snet and I really enjoyed it, full grids and great racing. Had a couple of pull offs to deal with but nothing major. It was a shame that the FF races where both cut short as they where producing some close racing and good battles down the field.
The early finishes where also very much appreciated.
Old 7 Aug 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1676749)   #4
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad you enjoyed it Claire. Not sure what you call full grids 11 MGs for a 20 lap race was a little boring. Thank God for Ian Campbell in his estate.
The rest of the day was excellent, though 1 or 2 seemed to have trouble getting past me at the Bombhole. Luckily, the lovely Trish was at hand. Really nice working with you Trish, a great laugh.
Thanks Terry, yet again, for a great day and a nice post. Sorry I won't be there for a while (though things may change), give my regards to all the crew and have fun next weekend.
Snetterton, BTCC, Terry Scannell on post at Russell (on Sunday). If you're not going, you've got to video it, it could be very funny
See you October 7th, if not before.
Old 7 Aug 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1676844)   #5
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And thanks from "upstairs" as well.............

A fairly straight forward weekend, apart from having to deal with several "lightweight" cars - perhaps Terry, you can advise the drivers where to get the best (read most substantial) breakfasts next time!

Enjoy the BTCC weekend and I'll hopefully see most of you at the BRSCC meeting on 9th September.
Old 7 Aug 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1677011)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
This was my first BARC meeting at Snet and I really enjoyed it, full grids and great racing.
Claire, glad you enjoyed it, this is what we've been trying to explain to those that stopped doing the Barc club meetings a couple of seasons ago following various issues at some larger meetings. However, as you possibly noticed that is history, nowadays for these meetings it mostly the Snet people running the meeting,as this weekend with Mike, Tony,Sam, Dave and Peter contributing to the smooth organisation of the weekend in conjunction with Grant.

Hopefully we will see you again at the next Barc clubbie meeting later in the year.

Nick, hopefully we'll surprise everyone with another nice quiet peaceful and paperwork free weekend! Alright I know - but I am an eternal optimist!
See you in October - or hopefully before.

Dave - did you enjoy all that spare time this weekend?!! and the only problem with those breakfasts is that I'm putting on too much weight myself!

Terry

Last edited by Terry Scannell; 7 Aug 2006 at 20:51.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 06:16 (Ref:1677273)   #7
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man
Snetterton, BTCC, Terry Scannell on post at Russell (on Sunday). If you're not going, you've got to video it, it could be very funny
See you October 7th, if not before.
errr... that means Andy's crew will be at Coram... I'll get me catching gloves on then!
Old 8 Aug 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1677340)   #8
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MG's where a little lower in numbers than the others but you can't complain about the other championships, the Max 5's just seemed to keep on coming. I met Andy when his estate pulled off at the Bombhole on Saturday he seems like a really nice guy but was very frustrated by his battery probelm.
I will be a more BARC meetings this season, including this Saturday. We will be at Russell and then my crew move to the start line but I will be the other side of the fence enjoying the racing and taking photos.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1703611)   #9
JCR
Rookie

JCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys

Sorry, been a busy month, thanks for the mention Terry and to snetmarshal for his help, also thanks to all the marshals at the esses who were most 'considerate' after my shunt, including the lady marshal who used to watch me in vee!! We couldnt do it without your support, thanks, Jez
Old 6 Sep 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1703648)   #10
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Cheers Jez,

Hope all those MX5 panels are still intact and unmarked! Is it right that MX5's are a good training ground for the 2cv's!!!??

Yes it was a great weekends racing and it would be pretty pointless exercise for us on the banks if you guys and girls weren't out there providing the entertainment in the manner that you do.

Keep up the good work and hope to see you again soon.

Terry