Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Aug 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4173248)   #26
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Yep that's the one, it was out testing at Donington last week, I think it's first run out since the accident in 2021. maybe it wasn't quite ready so old faithful the T70 mk3b being used?
All cleared up now as Alex has posted on Instagram with a quick video of the 512 being assembled interestingly pre paint with new nose. This with a caption confirming its attendance. Fingers crossed for some dry weather.

Both 512 cars are modern recreations I believe.
Old 20 Aug 2023, 20:18 (Ref:4173494)   #27
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very nice grids from the Masters.
Hoping the weather forecast doesn't come true as we are camping
Old 23 Aug 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4173754)   #28
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The meeting will be livestreamed on YouTube

Friday (from 8.50am)

Saturday (from 8.50am)

Sunday (from 8.50am)
Old 23 Aug 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4173758)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Tks! Will have a look.
Old 23 Aug 2023, 22:24 (Ref:4173783)   #30
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's usually a very high quality livestream too.
Old 23 Aug 2023, 22:41 (Ref:4173784)   #31
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
It's usually a very high quality livestream too.
Depends on who's commentating hopefully Ben Edwards.
Old 24 Aug 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4173815)   #32
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Tks! Will have a look.
NP!

The stream has been pretty good the past couple of years. I haven't seen anywhere who is commentating this year. Last year I think was Martin Haven and Alistair Douglas?
Old 24 Aug 2023, 09:59 (Ref:4173816)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, can't say but we have often english subtitles now. Not perfect of course but very helpful at least for foreigners. And if you don't like, you can delete the function. Simple.
Old 24 Aug 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4173821)   #34
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone please explain the pricing structure!! Was talking to a chap at Shelsley about this last week!

How come if you buy a three day ticket it costs 150 quid. but if you want to attend each day individually the same access costs you 269, that is not far off double the price!

Not everyone can or wants to attend a meeting for three days.

I do like the evening ticket price idea, that is a good plan, but the daily individual prices are a little over the top don't you think?

yes the grids are good and the variety etc is great. but 100 quid a day on Sat/Sun is fairly crazy

or is it? Maybe I am just too old!
Old 24 Aug 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4173831)   #35
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
yes the grids are good and the variety etc is great. but 100 quid a day on Sat/Sun is fairly crazy

or is it? Maybe I am just too old!
Too much for me. Some of the grids are superb but at those prices there's not a chance of me going. When I saw the ticket prices "from £45" I thought that was at the steep side of things for a single day, almost choked when I found out that was evening only!
Old 24 Aug 2023, 12:26 (Ref:4173832)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not that I disagree with sentiments here, but how much is a weekend ticket for the revival which also has excellent grids?
Old 24 Aug 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4173833)   #37
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Not that I disagree with sentiments here, but how much is a weekend ticket for the revival which also has excellent grids?
No idea - I've only ever been when someone else was paying
Old 24 Aug 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4173847)   #38
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there are big discounts for car clubs etc, most posts I see from people elsewhere are from folks in car clubs!!

I understand it costs a lot to host meetings like this, but i do feel the daily prices are a bit silly, the weekends price is fine, good value, BUT only coz you now know the weekend price, 269 is not far off what you would be paying for F1 for goodness sake

If it was me I would concerts a buy in on the day, I have zero interest in this, and resent being asked to pay for stuff I dont want, but that is just me. Plenty of people seem to like it, though having said that I watched a bit online last year and there was nobody there!
Old 24 Aug 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4173849)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
No idea - I've only ever been when someone else was paying
Good point well made.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 07:56 (Ref:4173881)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
The meeting will be livestreamed on YouTube
Friday (from 8.50am) Saturday (from 8.50am) Sunday (from 8.50am)
Thank you, SSmith. Works fine, currently enjoying (for free!).
Old 25 Aug 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4173887)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Met Delta, dropped off beer for BBQ. Now for coffee and bacon sarnie.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 09:06 (Ref:4173892)   #42
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very disappointed. The Wing garages are fenced off with "No public access" signs everywhere.
A major part of the Classic was access to cars, really ****ed off with Goose about this.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 10:30 (Ref:4173893)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Delta having troubles?
Old 25 Aug 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4173895)   #44
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Very disappointed. The Wing garages are fenced off with "No public access" signs everywhere.
A major part of the Classic was access to cars, really ****ed off with Goose about this.
If so that is really shocking, also nobody has told half the drivers in each grid that it's the more flowing version of vale. Literally one half are doing one layout and the other half the other
Old 25 Aug 2023, 10:44 (Ref:4173897)   #45
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Poor show. That's 1/2 the reason to go. Get close to the cars and speak with the drivers/crew.

If its true, maybe my last festival.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 10:49 (Ref:4173898)   #46
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I have to agree but am secretly hoping that if it is true, it's only for today. I'll be at The Festival tomorrow & Sunday and seeing people & the cars is far more important to be than watching the on-track action.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 10:55 (Ref:4173899)   #47
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe its for 3 days.

*While the paddocks are open to the public throughout the event, all visitors should take extra care and keep a good watch in all directions as the paddocks are live working areas and there will be race cars and support vehicles moving continuously throughout the paddock. Please stay behind the viewing barriers at the assembly area.

For your safety, access to the pit garages and pit lane is restricted to working teams and competitors but all doors to the pit garages remain open providing plenty of opportunity to see the cars and talk to the drivers and race preparers.

Hidden in the FAQs
Old 25 Aug 2023, 11:00 (Ref:4173901)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Yes, not very good is it? They have those signs in the national paddock too.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 12:30 (Ref:4173906)   #49
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are all over the place but I've been walking in and out of the garages all day like how it used to be and nobody said anything or asked me to leave. Tho I will say the modern trend of people of all ages walking around with their heads buried into their phones not watching were they going and bumping into cars and put kit might have sumthing to do with that. Also this morning, the jumped up security guard on the entrance had to phone for a second opinion as he believed my camera and mic looked very professional and was unsure if I was allowed to take it in!!!
Old 25 Aug 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4173910)   #50
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have a simple easy to read track timetable please? As usual the Sillystone web site is like wading through treacle.
Ok, just back tracked a bit https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...etable-v18.pdf

Last edited by justracing; 25 Aug 2023 at 13:14.