Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 2 Apr 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3723363)   #1
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glyn Swift

So very sorry to hear that the genius A-series engine man died yesterday. Another 60's hero gone. All possible condolencies to his friends and family
Old 2 Apr 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3723372)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
AJ made tribute to him on ITV4 after R3 as he knows his son
Old 2 Apr 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3723378)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Very sorry to hear that, I knew Glyn for a lot of years from racing with Nick in different series. Condolences to all the family RIP Glyn
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Apr 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3723683)   #4
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So sorry to hear this, Glyn was a great guy who will be sadly missed.
condolences to Nick and family.
Old 23 Apr 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3728732)   #5
SidewaysFeltham
Racer

United Kingdom
UK and France
SidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to learn this.

Glyn was part of the group of local engine builders and tuners, together with Jon Mowatt and a few others including, modestly, myself (Felspeed).

Interesting, Jon was/is (Haven't seem him for quite a few years now) a distant cousin from my maternal grandmother's side of the family.

Reminds me of two long forgotten items; I nearly bought Glyn's dynamic crank balancer for my then rapidly expanding machine shop; but he changed his mind.

And the second memory, leaving Benfleet, Essex, where he was based, he threw his race car on the trailer and galloped off at high speed to Brands, Lydden, wherever. He never tied the cars down; couldn't be bothered. This time, however, the car did fall off; at speed.........

R I P Glyn.
Old 23 Apr 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3728743)   #6
SidewaysFeltham
Racer

United Kingdom
UK and France
SidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Corrigendum:

Since I made my earlier post, I was racking my brains to recall the other local Mini Tuners/racers.

Denny Baldwin: and Mick Bolton, a mate at the time of Glyn.

Then, of course, we had Carlow Engineering.

Tony Carlow-Bunton and Gordon Dawkins; both of whom, again from memory, used to work for Jon Mowatt.

Our little corner of Essex, was a nest of racers and tuners in the late 1960s and early 1970s.