Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Mar 2000, 21:02 (Ref:7092)   #1
bluefeather
Rookie

bluefeather should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ben Blake last paragraph...

"Or perhaps one other reason. We are told that if NASCAR mandates a "NAS-car", it then owns the NAS-car, and that Detroit would then have to pay for the privilege of badging it. In other words, Detroit's manufacturers become just another "official sponsor" of NASCAR. Think about it. That's all we know for now. We expect to hear more this weekend. — Ben
Blake"

Did NASCAR forget everything negative about trying to"NASCARIZE" the properties of others? If the press and drivers didn't like it. Why would the manufactures???
If/when Bill Jr. get back in full swing, will he recognize the place?

P.S. here's the article http://speedvision.com/pub/articles/...ry/000323.html

[This message has been edited by bluefeather (edited 23 March 2000).]
Old 31 Mar 2000, 00:22 (Ref:7093)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Common templates for all makes would be a disaster for the series in my opinion. They have gone far enough already. I wonder if NASCAR isn't just throwing this out there to shut the teams up and end all the whining.
Old 31 Mar 2000, 16:07 (Ref:7094)   #3
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Fan:
Common templates for all makes would be a disaster for the series in my opinion. They have gone far enough already. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You've got that right JFan.

Old 1 Apr 2000, 00:49 (Ref:7095)   #4
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't I read somewhere in Autosport about a rumour that NASCAR want all engines to run Chevy SB2 cylinder heads?

I kinda thought long ago that; Heck, the suspension and driveline are all proprietory gear, the 'stock' bodies are hand-formed sheet steel, but at least they 'look' right, and the rules (such as they are) promote close racing - This must mean that it's the engines that give racecars their real identity...

Not for much longer apparently...