Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 1 Apr 2003, 22:53 (Ref:555369)   #1
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ideas, ideas

what makes f3 great the diversity of engines and chasssis[look at it as awhole not just the one make and honda dominated ones] look above f3 anf that stops f3000, renault v6, etc etc i propose a new series well two
1.use the nisaan v6[from the world series], chrysler v6[from the dead fceuro]and renault v6 and let use either dallara, reynard?,and tatuus chassis of there choice
option 2use the v6s from the french touring car series
bmw,opel,seat,nissan,citreon[well used in belguim], ford and theres two more i think again with the chassis blow it could work it really could
Old 2 Apr 2003, 07:41 (Ref:555586)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, nsxr, my knowledge of English is not as good as to clearly understand what you wrote: could you be a little bit plainer?
It's not clear to me what you are exactly proposing

Last edited by climb; 2 Apr 2003 at 07:42.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 11:27 (Ref:555753)   #3
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he means: If they made F3000 like it used to be with different engines and chassis available. Instead of Nissan and Renault making their own championships they just made engines for F3000. Also the Dallara and Tatuus chassis could compete against Lola.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 14:03 (Ref:555960)   #4
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This hypothesis would get back to F2.
It would be much more spectacular, but costs would evenctually be higher, that is why mono make series become more and more frequent.
Competition obliges manufacturers to keep R&D effort high all year long, similarly to what happens in F1, whereas most teams don't have all that money to afford such cars.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 14:42 (Ref:556004)   #5
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like expensice Monoposto to me. Add in old, wealthy gentlemen drivers and it';s called Euroboss...
Old 2 Apr 2003, 15:37 (Ref:556076)   #6
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure what you are trying to say

Last edited by bart_jacobs; 2 Apr 2003 at 15:43.
Old 6 May 2003, 10:08 (Ref:590743)   #7
Jensen
Racer

Jensen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JR Ewing

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
Sounds like expensice Monoposto to me. Add in old, wealthy gentlemen drivers and it';s called Euroboss...
So you in Monoposto then ?
Old 7 May 2003, 13:17 (Ref:592359)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But isn't there an argument that if chassis and engine manufacturers have to compete for sales, it could drive costs down rather than up?

I've been banging on about this for a long time; I'd love to see a resurrected Formula 2 with Lola, Dallara and maybe Panoz/G-Force chassis, and Judd/Zytek, Nissan, BMW and Mugen engines.
Old 8 May 2003, 16:27 (Ref:593682)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Lola Cars will be afraid if will be the return of F2 scheme: the last time when his F3000 chassis competed with another ones they lost fair and square with the Reynard (even the G-Force) chassises. It was happened in F.Nippon during 1999 season.
Old 8 May 2003, 17:03 (Ref:593720)   #10
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
But isn't there an argument that if chassis and engine manufacturers have to compete for sales, it could drive costs down rather than up?
Maybe, to begin with, but then one chassis would become the thing to have and either that manufacturer would start charging crazy money for their product or the others would to try and catch up. Multi-chassis formulae have enormous charm and character - we all loved the old F2 and F3 days with the likes of March, Toleman, Maurer or Ralt, Reynard, Argo etc. - but these days are simply far too expensive. A bit like tyre wars, when costs go up massively to find an edge over your rivals. Just the way it, these days. Sad but true.

And I don't think British F3 can be used as a cost-effective example of a multi-chassis formulae. How much?!

Not only that, but as soon as one driver becomes quicker than the driver who he used to be matched by in a junior formula, people all say it's because he's got a better car. So people come out with the fabled line "they need to make all the cars equal, then we'd see who is quickest".

So they do, and people suddenly go back to preferring the multi-chassis days. Full circle, and all that ...
Old 8 May 2003, 17:37 (Ref:593769)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Costs would double easily. Wasnt one of the early problems with F3000 was that it was so obnoxiously expensive only ride buyers could ultimately afford it, thus lowering the quality of the grid and its perception by upper-level team owners?

I know an American driver who used to do F3k during the late 80s and he said it was out of control and truly was a mini-F1