Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Apr 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2438125)   #1
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First drawings of the new Lada

The first drawings of the new Lada Piora racer which is going to replace the 110 for the race in Portugal.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3348

What do we think?
Old 10 Apr 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2438126)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think they're out of time for entry into the 1988 British Touring Car Championship
Old 10 Apr 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2438162)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Think they're out of time for entry into the 1988 British Touring Car Championship
Their current car is from the 1978 BTCC so that's a big step forward
Old 10 Apr 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2438222)   #4
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Is it bad that I think it looks pretty good?
Old 10 Apr 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2438280)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it looks like a Chevrolet Lacetti from where I'm sitting.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2438358)   #6
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I thought it looked familiar!
Old 11 Apr 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2438380)   #7
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
"The drag coefficient is very low and that makes us competitive. This makes LADA one of the best cars in its class,"
Very optimistic people at Lada. Very optimistic.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2438399)   #8
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
It's a sign of the times when the WTCC becomes the WTRPCC - the World Touring Reasonably-Priced Car Championship

(anyone who doesn't watch Top Gear won't have a clue what I'm babbling on about)
Old 11 Apr 2009, 06:39 (Ref:2438439)   #9
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
(anyone....won't have a clue what I'm babbling on about)
No change there then

I think it looks like a BMW Compact joined to a Lexus IS 200
Old 11 Apr 2009, 09:13 (Ref:2438479)   #10
armchair racer
Racer

England
Suburbia
armchair racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks ok to me
Fair play to them i say , Any manufacturer entering a new/ different car is welcome in my book , makes a change at watching bmw/seat all the time
Old 11 Apr 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2438873)   #11
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't want to wash dirty lienen in public but financial situation at AutoVAZ is far from good. It's on its last legs. So their thoughts are far from sport.
In fact that team that racing in WTCC is private. There's no works Lada team. Everything is up to Shapovalov,an engineer,and van Lagen, a test pilot. That's all.
And,as you've noticed,the debut has postponed to Portugal race.And they've planned to introduce Priora in Brno,as you remember...
So,from the realistic point of view,there'll be no new Lada. And, of course, it's not a works team at all!
Old 11 Apr 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2438920)   #12
zork
Rookie

England
lincoln uk
zork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets just see the car in action first more makes the better
Old 11 Apr 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2438923)   #13
THIM
Racer

Poland
THIM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even Hummer's aerodynamic is better than 110's, so surely, it will be a great step forward. If you add a new engine... I hope it's not transparent
Old 11 Apr 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2438974)   #14
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like the effort they are putting into this project. Will they succeed? I guess not, but I do hope they will!

Support the underdog. But when I read the story about the new car it sounds to me as though they just put the old technology in a new body. Especially when you know that the Priora is just a facelifted 110. But, let's wait and see!
Old 11 Apr 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2438976)   #15
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And for those of you who don't know, this is what a regular Priora looks like:

Old 12 Apr 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2439120)   #16
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mr Putin has recently checked the plant himself,and then it got a huge sum as a goverment support. And if AutoVaz is a profitable manufacturer then you don't know what a russian car-plant is. Its structure has been developed in the great times of planned economics,so it can not be profitable today at all.
Of course, we know who is Mr Ladygin. AutoVAZ has helped Shapovalov with homologation too. It's not a privat team. It's not a works one. So,it appeared to be something really special!

You can enjoy it driving in the back of the pack,but I prefer reading interesting book or walking in the park breathing deeply as spring has come at last. It's better for health...
Old 12 Apr 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2439206)   #17
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
And for those of you who don't know, this is what a regular Priora looks like:

Oh thanks for that. I think I would rather buy a Daewoo
Old 12 Apr 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2439238)   #18
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
Oh thanks for that. I think I would rather buy a Daewoo
Ohhh, the new Daewoo Cruze is not that bad, is it?
Old 12 Apr 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2439275)   #19
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Mr Putin has recently checked the plant himself,and then it got a huge sum as a goverment support. And if AutoVaz is a profitable manufacturer then you don't know what a russian car-plant is. Its structure has been developed in the great times of planned economics,so it can not be profitable today at all.
Of course, we know who is Mr Ladygin. AutoVAZ has helped Shapovalov with homologation too. It's not a privat team. It's not a works one. So,it appeared to be something really special!

You can enjoy it driving in the back of the pack,but I prefer reading interesting book or walking in the park breathing deeply as spring has come at last. It's better for health...
We said pretty much the same stuff, except that I'd give one of my arms to race in a Lada, anyway, you're still driving an s2000 car. With van Lagen's ability, some of the dutch technicians he brought in an a little help from Lada, Russian Bears can do something pretty good. After all, if Team Dynamics managed to win races in the Btcc with their own Honda Civic, I can't see the reason why Russian Bears couldn't develop a decent car, the Priora, and possibly make it to the points by the end of next year. It's not an impossible dream, you know, they do have some manufacturer support so don't understimate them too much, I think they're doing great, considering the car they have, which is very very old. It's definitely a good team, maybe not a race winner, but luckily in racing winning is not all that matters.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2439371)   #20
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
Ohhh, the new Daewoo Cruze is not that bad, is it?
The new Cruze is first a Chevrolet, then adapted to other markets, not the other way around, like the Lacetti.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2439467)   #21
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The new Cruze is first a Chevrolet, then adapted to other markets, not the other way around, like the Lacetti.
I was merely being tongue in cheek
Old 12 Apr 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2439477)   #22
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
My apologies!