Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Oct 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2307015)   #51
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool, will you buy it Meissner and convince Flash to run it as a 3rd car for you?
Old 8 Oct 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2307027)   #52
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe, too expensive
Old 12 Oct 2008, 06:31 (Ref:2309740)   #53
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil
But Im betting on that most things in Viasat STCC coverage will be on pay for channels.
Watching F1 on Tv6 today, all my suspicions seems to have been confirmed. Viasat is starting a new channel, Viasat Motors, which will air both F1 and STCC. This time they will however leave the F1 qualifying on Tv6, but move the race itself to the pay for channel... So anybody dreaming of publicly available Live STCC next year... stop dreaming... You will get the castrated SVT highlights airing on Monday evenings... BTW an extra thanks to all the people complaining about the STCC 1 race with pitstop format... Hope you are happy now that we have 2 races ensuring SVT wont be airing anything live.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2311122)   #54
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Well, Viasat Motor apparently will have: "Programledare för alla sändningar blir Janne Blomqvist och Eje Elgh";

I guess that is a clear step upwards. 1 ex driver should at least mean we get 1 that have a clue what he is talking about.

Last edited by stedevil; 13 Oct 2008 at 12:00.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2319030)   #55
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michelin out - Yokohama in:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2840
Old 23 Oct 2008, 12:34 (Ref:2319041)   #56
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Interesting. That certainly helps pave the way for STCC teams/drivers participating in the odd WTCC race or even future full involvement.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2319102)   #57
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Quote:
Michelin are now more or less off the touring car racing scene. WTCC and STCC run Yokohama tyres while BTCC, DTC, DTM and ADAC Procar run on Dunlop tyres.
Not only in touring cars.
They lost WRC (Pirelli), F1 (Bridgestone), MotoGP (Bridgestone). They are only a dominant tyre supplier in endurance racing and IRC (Michelins BFGoodrich brand).
Old 23 Oct 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2319116)   #58
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
They are only a dominant tyre supplier in endurance racing and IRC (Michelins BFGoodrich brand).
And rally raid.

It appears that Michelin is on the bad list of FIA, every since the F1 US GP in 2005.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 14:05 (Ref:2319120)   #59
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame. But the philosophy of Michelin in sports is that is has to be a sport for them to, i.e. they must have competitors for racing to be interesting for them. All the championships where they supplied tyres went for the option of having an exclusive tyremanufacturer, exept endurance-racing...
I'd be in favour for tyrecompetition in WTCC, with strong limits on the amount of tyres that can be used in 1 weekend, and a maximum price per tyre for privateers, to wich they háve to deliver.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2319129)   #60
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
But the philosophy of Michelin in sports is that is has to be a sport for them to, i.e. they must have competitors for racing to be interesting for them.
Right... So why Michelin is the sole tyre supplier of (most) Formula Renault series, A1GP, Italian F3 and others then?
Old 23 Oct 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2319132)   #61
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uhh, ok they are not that strict... Butt at least they said that the lack of competition is the reason for not trying to get the contract as tyremanufacturer for F1, WRC, etc.
Maybe they can actually make money on the other series? That seems a good reason to me to continue delivering despite it's a bit against your principles...
Old 23 Oct 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2319144)   #62
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
It's a shame. But the philosophy of Michelin in sports is that is has to be a sport for them to, i.e. they must have competitors for racing to be interesting for them.
That to me is a philosophy designed to cover up the fact that F1 kicked them out, diplomatically (suddenly moving to a 1 tire series...) but never the less the boot. Than again, after USGP, and most importantly how Michelin handled themselves there, there never could have been much doubt that the end of the road was near for them in F1. So trust a good marketing department to make an interesting spin to look less bad.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2319149)   #63
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But didn't michelin complain very loudly when the FIA announced Pirelli had the WRC tyre tender, and i think they'd have quite liked to stay in F1. Does the STCC get any money from Yokohama?
Old 30 Oct 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2324081)   #64
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
A new Mercedes in STCC 2009?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2885
Old 30 Oct 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2324083)   #65
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's a shame Mercedes doesn't like S2000. If they would have the "BMW philosophy" they could have cars in BTCC, STCC, DTC, Procar, VLN and other touring car series. Limited budget but maximum promotion.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 11:34 (Ref:2324104)   #66
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully a bit faster than the Danish project, very beautiful car but still with some development to do. I admire the effort, but the question is if it is possible to develop a fast car on a national level without a manufacturer supporting it?

I hope so!
Old 30 Oct 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2324217)   #67
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Hopefully a bit faster than the Danish project, very beautiful car but still with some development to do. I admire the effort, but the question is if it is possible to develop a fast car on a national level without a manufacturer supporting it?

I hope so!
I really like that project, but what is their weakest point? Even Mr. Bremer didn't get the car up to proper speed. Weak engine? Just to low budget to develop it enough in both engine and chassis?

I do hope that Gingtorp will build new cars for STCC. I met him at Falkenberg a couple of years ago and we had a nice conversation and he showed us the S2000 C-class. He is one bright guy, that's for sure.

My favourite car by him must be the CLK that Tony Johansson raced in the Swedish GTR-series. So damn impressed of that car, even more impressed by the engine (same unit that was in the CLK GTR FIA GT-car). But enough off-topic from me now.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 14:44 (Ref:2324223)   #68
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse me for double-posting, but this might be of interest for those who can read Swedish: http://dagbladet.se/sport/1.210490

The article says basically that "Per-Erik Axehult have had some help from Roland before this season, but they are struggling with some things on their Chevrolet Camaro. He will do some pre-season testing together with Roland and his new Mercedes team". And we all now that Tobias Johansson is working on another car so this rumour might be true
Old 31 Oct 2008, 11:09 (Ref:2324726)   #69
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
but the question is if it is possible to develop a fast car on a national level without a manufacturer supporting it?
Which national championship? The 3 (4?) year old STCC Merc this year finished 3rd overall in Adac Procar, but it has never been anywhere close to the top in STCC. I think that clearly shows that some national championships are too competitive for a pure private effort to reach the top, while in other ones, with less money involved, it's clearly possible.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2324727)   #70
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
I was thinking of the DTC or the STCC for starters.

But I think you are right, it is simply to expensive to develop local cars without manufacturersupport. But loads of respect for the ones who try anyway.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2325070)   #71
PTM
Rookie

Denmark
Helsinge
PTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson
I really like that project, but what is their weakest point? Even Mr. Bremer didn't get the car up to proper speed. Weak engine? Just to low budget to develop it enough in both engine and chassis?
I think the engine is ok - whether it can be tweaked a bit more, I don't know.

They visited our team during the season to get some knowledge on how the 320si is built, so I reckon it's a chassis/grip/balance issue.

Kind regards,

Bo Skovfoged
2008: Team Den Blaa Avis
2009: Journalist, editor, press officer?
Old 2 Nov 2008, 05:36 (Ref:2325678)   #72
SGarage
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
SGarage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know the provisional STCC 2009 calendar?
Old 2 Nov 2008, 06:06 (Ref:2325685)   #73
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Not out as of yet, we will have it up on TcT as soon as possible.

Sorry mate
Old 2 Nov 2008, 06:09 (Ref:2325687)   #74
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTM
I think the engine is ok - whether it can be tweaked a bit more, I don't know.

They visited our team during the season to get some knowledge on how the 320si is built, so I reckon it's a chassis/grip/balance issue.
I would believe, that Mr Agergaard would be able to tune the engine just as he used to. He is very skilled, however it all comes down to the block.

As Bo, I would believe that it is down to chassis/grip/balance. Watching it at Sturup, where Andreas Ziggler did alright in the wet, it was very unruly. Bounced up and down, looked rather nervous.

I hope that they will do well, it is a rather striking car.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2325765)   #75
SGarage
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
SGarage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not out as of yet, we will have it up on TcT as soon as possible.

Sorry mate
Thank's