Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Mar 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2849938)   #101
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
[url=http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?20/03/2011.ADEL.R19]R4[/

Good drive by Mr Whincup.. good work by Team BOC to get the #8 back out there, it was fairly stuffed..
was a good job by BJR to get the car back out but prob not to get him to cut an extra lap with fairly extensive damage just so they could get the garage ready (according to the telecast).
Old 20 Mar 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2849944)   #102
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Third.
Will he beat Jamie?
Old 20 Mar 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2849946)   #103
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
I was watching on 7digital & I saw Podium (incl bubbles spraying)
wich state Nick, Better Homes and Gardens or the Great South east?

I was watching, and yes , thanks for watching , see you in Hamilton.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2850051)   #104
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Or you could, say, start 5 or 10 minutes earlier? I mean I know that's pretty revolutionary stuff, but still...
narr **** that there isn't a compelling reason why the need to start earlier or can't even finish later, **** me nascar (which v8s like to follow by their example) are happy to run as late as it takes to finish the race if physically possible ie they will turn on the lights to finish in the dark if need be... I under stand you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere but within 3 % of the race distance which is like under 5 minuets effectively I think they can allow for that kinda contingency, well I would ****ing hope so as they shouldn't be working to the minuet. As mentioned above cut the ****ing fluff after the program if your short...........
Old 20 Mar 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2850251)   #105
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmookeyj033 View Post
Think it may be similar to Abu Dhabi. Race 1 a borefest, Race 2 a crash fest with a tight finish. Think that it will be a T8 benefit too BUT I expect HRT to go well here as usual and also will pick a Kelly brother as the dark horse.
Hey, not bad!

Got next week's lotto numbers?
Old 20 Mar 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2850254)   #106
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
was a good job by BJR to get the car back out but prob not to get him to cut an extra lap with fairly extensive damage just so they could get the garage ready (according to the telecast).
How did #8 get around for that lap when the driver claims on twitter that the passenger rear was flat, and caused the accident?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Mar 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2850273)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Twilight Race for 2012?
Old 20 Mar 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2850287)   #108
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was watching on 7digital & I saw Podium (incl bubbles spraying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
wich state Nick,

NSW (Sydney)
Old 20 Mar 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2850308)   #109
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Looks unflat to me...
Old 20 Mar 2011, 23:53 (Ref:2850315)   #110
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
How did #8 get around for that lap when the driver claims on twitter that the passenger rear was flat, and caused the accident?
Don't know - I'm just going on what the telecast said about him going around again - also the need for race control to black flag him when he didn't come straight in. Can't remember seeing a flat on the bits of footage of him afterwards.

Hmmmm
Old 21 Mar 2011, 01:54 (Ref:2850356)   #111
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Will he beat Jamie?
Hell no.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2850361)   #112
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Hell no.
JW is a class act........would've liked to see him and Ambrose do battle.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2850384)   #113
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
JW is a class act........would've liked to see him and Ambrose do battle.
Why? Ambrose would have just whinged on the radio for Jamie to pull over...
Old 21 Mar 2011, 04:27 (Ref:2850386)   #114
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Looks unflat to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Don't know - I'm just going on what the telecast said about him going around again - also the need for race control to black flag him when he didn't come straight in. Can't remember seeing a flat on the bits of footage of him afterwards.

Hmmmm
Tourer is right, no flat at all. All 4 tyres are still fully pumped on the lap extra he went around for.

Bright has never been a driver to admit error tho, theres very few who man up...
Old 21 Mar 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2850442)   #115
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
NSW (Sydney)

Ah then you missed a great episode of "THe Great south East"
Old 21 Mar 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2850444)   #116
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Tourer is right, no flat at all. All 4 tyres are still fully pumped on the lap extra he went around for.

Bright has never been a driver to admit error tho, theres very few who man up...
We sit in the stand at turn 1 (inside chicane) & from where I was sitting he stuffed it up over the kerb & lost the rear...many drivers used the kerb & had a tail wiggle but held it...no brainer really, a "not so Bright move" as for the 2nd lap in that condition "bloody idiot" comes to mind.

Cheers Terry
Old 21 Mar 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2850450)   #117
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
We sit in the stand at turn 1 (inside chicane) & from where I was sitting he stuffed it up over the kerb & lost the rear...many drivers used the kerb & had a tail wiggle but held it...no brainer really, a "not so Bright move" as for the 2nd lap in that condition "bloody idiot" comes to mind.

Cheers Terry
Blind freddy could see that it was loss of traction on the painted ripple strip that made him lose control (plus abit of running out of talent, JW or CL he defo aint)
Old 21 Mar 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2850482)   #118
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Blind freddy could see that it was loss of traction on the painted ripple strip that made him lose control (plus abit of running out of talent, JW or CL he defo aint)
Are you calling me blind freddy ? Anyhow I must be smarter than "not so Bright" because I know what he did wrong, clearly he does not or won't admit it.

Some got away with it...some didn't
Old 21 Mar 2011, 18:53 (Ref:2850736)   #119
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Are you calling me blind freddy ? Anyhow I must be smarter than "not so Bright" because I know what he did wrong, clearly he does not or won't admit it.

Some got away with it...some didn't
Lol no, just reinforcing your point, that everyone (except bright it seems) see what the cause of his crash was.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2857189)   #120
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A Day In The Life of Frosty & FPR

Hmmm... doesnt this tell us a few things...

The prebrief was interesting, over breakfast, talking generally about car behaviour, difficulties in some parts of the circuit.. it certainly wasnt a Mark Skaife-style characterisation of how the car felt, what it was doing, where the pressure points were... maybe the technical feedback is an area of improvement that the driver could work on with the team?

I wonder if Mr Davison was aware when he signed his deal that his pitstop strategy would be determined only after the #5 car had theirs worked out

Or whether the FPR guys were so worried about the SBR guy holding the rim in the #5's glidepath that they ignored that Frosty missed his marks and was too far forward, that the #5 had to do a 3 point turn to get around the pitted GRM car in front of him, while the team had the opportunity and were barked the instruction to push the car back, they chose not to do so before putting the air spike in...

The debrief was surprising, that they asked the driver his opinion of what went on, and the suggestion for an FPR crewman to make sure the area was clear was a logical one, followed by the driver's assertion that in the same circumstance, he would progress through the errant crewman...

Weird...

To me it seemed as though the FPR cars werent on the pace, they made changes (and the broadcast likely purposely didnt talk about what went on) but it was still ordinary. Wrong tyre pressures that upset the balance of the car badly seems a little um.. amateurish.. while the driver seemed genuinely affected/distracted by the vagaries of the pitstop failure.

Maybe also distracted from the fatherhood thing also..

Interesting...
Old 3 Apr 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2857599)   #121
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A Day In The Life of Frosty & FPR

Hmmm... doesnt this tell us a few things...

The prebrief was interesting, over breakfast, talking generally about car behaviour, difficulties in some parts of the circuit.. it certainly wasnt a Mark Skaife-style characterisation of how the car felt, what it was doing, where the pressure points were... maybe the technical feedback is an area of improvement that the driver could work on with the team?

I wonder if Mr Davison was aware when he signed his deal that his pitstop strategy would be determined only after the #5 car had theirs worked out

Or whether the FPR guys were so worried about the SBR guy holding the rim in the #5's glidepath that they ignored that Frosty missed his marks and was too far forward, that the #5 had to do a 3 point turn to get around the pitted GRM car in front of him, while the team had the opportunity and were barked the instruction to push the car back, they chose not to do so before putting the air spike in...

The debrief was surprising, that they asked the driver his opinion of what went on, and the suggestion for an FPR crewman to make sure the area was clear was a logical one, followed by the driver's assertion that in the same circumstance, he would progress through the errant crewman...

Weird...

To me it seemed as though the FPR cars werent on the pace, they made changes (and the broadcast likely purposely didnt talk about what went on) but it was still ordinary. Wrong tyre pressures that upset the balance of the car badly seems a little um.. amateurish.. while the driver seemed genuinely affected/distracted by the vagaries of the pitstop failure.

Maybe also distracted from the fatherhood thing also..

Interesting...
GTR, with your comment regarding WD being #2, isn't the normal procedure for all of the multi car teams, to pit whoever is in front of the other in the race first ?
Old 3 Apr 2011, 06:40 (Ref:2857627)   #122
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
GTR, with your comment regarding WD being #2, isn't the normal procedure for all of the multi car teams, to pit whoever is in front of the other in the race first ?
The strategy discussion regarding whether any of the FPR cars were going to shortfill for an early stop happened in the pre race brief in the truck, before the cars got on track...
Old 4 Apr 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2858310)   #123
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
no, CL is often pitted 1st out of the 888 Garage, and generally he is behind JW lately. Also helps that they are quite often on opposite strategies.

prior to last year's rule changes, apart from under SC, teams would often bring in the **ahem** pay driver cars in 1st to give the crews a warm up before the stars came in