Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Sep 2011, 14:44 (Ref:2961691)   #226
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That's still 4 hours more than what the US guys receive (ABC highlights don't count)

Hopefully there's some stuff on the Eurosport player again, as I'm 100% certain that the international feed on alms.com fails miserably at some point... good backup plan is always needed.
I know but I get great coverage of the other ALMS events via MotorsTV so it is a shame they cant show this one
Old 27 Sep 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2961706)   #227
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
Thanks, That's what I wanted to hear! I'm glad he's ok, and I hope he's hungry after missing Silverstone!
'Starving' apparently!
Old 27 Sep 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2961720)   #228
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I know but I get great coverage of the other ALMS events via MotorsTV so it is a shame they cant show this one
It's really a shame. I had a bit of a viewing party for Petit last year with a few mates. Impossible really to do that this year with the different formats and possible/likely technical hurdles.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2961823)   #229
bolderer
Rookie

United States
Chattanooga
bolderer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Sorry, but are you not able to view espn3 in Europe?
Old 27 Sep 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2961877)   #230
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolderer View Post
Sorry, but are you not able to view espn3 in Europe?
Unfortunately not.... not in the UK anyway
Old 27 Sep 2011, 23:41 (Ref:2961949)   #231
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Just a heads up. IF (and its a big if) all goes well, the PLM Spotter Guide may be up tonight, if not it will be up some point tomorrow.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2961974)   #232
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Just a heads up. IF (and its a big if) all goes well, the PLM Spotter Guide may be up tonight, if not it will be up some point tomorrow.
hope so!
Old 28 Sep 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2962038)   #233
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The two Page ALMS/ILMC Petit Le Mans Spotter Guide is now online in the usual place

http://www.spotterguides.com/

You might notice the pink numbers on the Corvette. They are correct, part of Cancer Awareness month. You might also notice the branding on the #68 TRG Porsche

The livery on the AF Corse Ferrari F430 in GT Am isn't known yet. May sport MWR branding or Ebay Motors.

Thanks to everyone who has supported the guides this year. Much appreciated.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2962044)   #234
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
guide updated. I had forgotten to swap out Gene for Pagenaud in the #7 Peugeot. Thats got to be worth 3/4 sec a lap
Old 28 Sep 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2962078)   #235
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks again Andy.

Just to get everybody warmed up, there will be a 90-minute PLM review on Radio Le Mans tonight, starting from 18.30GMT and followed by usual Midweek Motorsport goodness.

And according to their forum admin, Martin Haven and Nick Daman will broadcast silmultaneous race (and only race) commentary for RLM I assume there are three to four different english commentaries going on for then (RLM, espn3/alms.com, ABC, Eurosport?)
Old 28 Sep 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2962094)   #236
ianroke
Rookie

United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
ianroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Wasn't the word that the ACO would stream the race again as well. Dailymotion seems to handle the load flawlessly..
How confident are you at this is the case? Would be nice to see but unlikely I think.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2962098)   #237
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silverstone deal for the ACO stream was done at the very last minute. And I doubt it can be arranged now since espn3 and co are involved.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2962100)   #238
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianroke View Post
How confident are you at this is the case? Would be nice to see but unlikely I think.
Wasn't the word that the races would be streamed from now on for the rest of the season? Can't tell if it was the ACO site that said it or Hindy...

ESPN should be no conflict, they can easily block out US IPs just like the official ALMS stream does.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2962106)   #239
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Wasn't the word that the races would be streamed from now on for the rest of the season? Can't tell if it was the ACO site that said it or Hindy...

ESPN should be no conflict, they can easily block out US IPs just like the official ALMS stream does.
Who holds the broadcast rights for this event? ALMS and/or ACO? Well, I'm guessing the ALMS does, but I don't know about the ACO. Perhaps the ALMS would let them redistribute it online since they probably aren't making any money off it, but who knows. I guess I would say that you should not count on it until you see the race streaming on Dailymotion.

As for RLM, it's nice to see that there will be a proper radio broadcast as well. Granted, I guess you could also get Hindy's audio only commentary from the ALMS Radio link.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2962116)   #240
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Who holds the broadcast rights for this event? ALMS and/or ACO? Well, I'm guessing the ALMS does, but I don't know about the ACO. Perhaps the ALMS would let them redistribute it online since they probably aren't making any money off it, but who knows. I guess I would say that you should not count on it until you see the race streaming on Dailymotion.

As for RLM, it's nice to see that there will be a proper radio broadcast as well. Granted, I guess you could also get Hindy's audio only commentary from the ALMS Radio link.
Before the season, the ALMS said their problems of getting together a new tv deal were partly due to the fact that the ACO owns the global broadcasting rights for Sebring and the PLM... I´m pretty sure the French won't give up this kind of control over their own championship.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2962129)   #241
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Its pretty clear the ACO holds the rights in Europe as we switch from our normal ALMS coverage on Motors TV to the ILMC coverage on Eurosport
Old 28 Sep 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2962130)   #242
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
guide updated. I had forgotten to swap out Gene for Pagenaud in the #7 Peugeot. Thats got to be worth 3/4 sec a lap
Why do Corvettes sport pink on green numbers?

PS: also there seems to be an error with #33 and or #55 Lola(?)-Honda, unless I missed something.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2962133)   #243
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post

PS: also there seems to be an error with #33 Lola(?)-Honda
Because of some breast cancer awerness program supporting they are doing at PLM.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2962153)   #244
Deleted
Veteran

Here's Hindy's full response to RLM situation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hindhaugh
We haven't been afforded any broadcast facilities by the track or the Series so we have had to make other arrangements to continue our commitment to ILMC. We have broadcast all of the ILMC this year and not having full, live, dedicated radio coverage for Atlanta was simply not an option for us.

Sadly this situation does mean we are unable to cover the practice or qualifying sessions from Road Atlanta, as we have done every other year, nor can we have our traditional Midweek Motorsport SHow live form the track on Wednesday as a preview to the event. The good news is that Graham Goodwin and I have prepared a comprehensive preview to the ILMC Atlanta round, Powered by Nissan, which will be broadcast first this evening, (Wednesday) before MWM at 18.30 UK and repeated at 22.00 and at regular intervals up to race time.

Our Coverage of the 12th Annual Petit Le Mans, Powered by Nissan, will commence with the pre-race show on Saturday at 16.00 UK and the whole race will be called, live and especially for a radio audience, by Martin and Nick.

I hope that you will give your usual extensive support to the radiolemans.com broadcast, and our sponsor Nissan. Big events attract sponsors which allow us to continue what we do ...for you!
We remain the ONLY full time motorsport radio service with a platform neutral delivery and comprehensive archive.

The decision of the ALMS not to have Radio Show Limited involved in the Series this year means that unlike every other PLM, the radiolemans.com commentary will not be available on track PA or on the track FM frequency.

Enjoy.
I'll be tuning in for mr Haven and Nick for sure.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2962158)   #245
Deleted
Veteran

Even more BoP adjustments following the previous one, +15kg for both Dysons
http://www.imsaracing.net/2011/ALMS/...MS%2011-31.pdf

They've been getting better restrictors than Cytosport all year, so I guess it's payback time
Old 28 Sep 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2962168)   #246
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Here's Hindy's full response to RLM situation:

I'll be tuning in for mr Haven and Nick for sure.
This is so stupid. How does one get in touch with the ALMS?
Old 28 Sep 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2962172)   #247
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be any commentary on FM?

How's the cell signal at the track for getting the internet stream?
Old 28 Sep 2011, 14:51 (Ref:2962178)   #248
Deleted
Veteran

Some bedtime reading, here are Dagys's previews for the event:
LMP
GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
Will there be any commentary on FM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hindhaugh
-- the radiolemans.com commentary will not be available on track PA or on the track FM frequency.
edit -- I don't know if the espn3/alms.com audio can be heard on track thou

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Sep 2011 at 14:59.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2962199)   #249
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post

PS: also there seems to be an error with #33 and or #55 Lola(?)-Honda, unless I missed something.
vettes - Cancer Awarness Month
HPD - Thanks! Good catch

Petit Le Mans Spotter Guide has now been updated with HPD fix. Still looking for good ref of the AF Corse F430, but it looks like Ebay is on the rear finder and a smaller (than normal) MWR maybe on the front door. Will update when I see images and get the chance.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2962204)   #250
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The entry list (as of 27/9/11) now shows Patrick Pilet in #045 instead of Marc Lieb and Mark Bullitt in the Proton Porsche with Richard Lietz and Christian Ried.

I wonder why Marc isn't driving the #045 Porsche?

Tom.