Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Feb 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3712111)   #16
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
kobefly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all the advice!

My itinerary is almost ready now and I might have some specific racing related questions about certain cities in the future. I will definitely come back for your help with that.

I will have plenty of car racing related days I think:
- 3 days at Spa (FIA WEC)
- Monaco ePrix
- Paris ePrix
- Side trip to Stuttgart (from Munnich) to visit Mercedes Benz and Porsche museum
- Visit BMW museum at Munnich

I am also going to other cities with no racing related activities which are Amsterdan and Barcelona. May is going to be a great month!
Old 14 Feb 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3712117)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We will be attending the spa round as usual and now tend to stay here
http://www.domainelongpre.be/k/en/n7...rtment---4-6D1

It is at stavelot~(a few kms from circuit) but i think there are buses from there to francochamps, however a large chunk of the people staying there will be there for the race so you might be able to get a lift, have no idea our transport arrangements yet so could not offer any guarantees, taxi's could be an option.
Old 14 Feb 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3712122)   #18
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post

It is at stavelot~(a few kms from circuit) but i think there are buses from there to francochamps, however a large chunk of the people staying there will be there for the race so you might be able to get a lift, have no idea our transport arrangements yet so could not offer any guarantees, taxi's could be an option.
I have already rented a car to from from Brussels to Spa that I will keep for the race days. That allowed me to book a room at "Auberge de Jeunesse de Malmedy" which is pretty cheap 10kms from the circuit. Thanks anyway for your help!
Old 14 Feb 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3712149)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You will love Spa, one tip when walking around the track, do it with the traffic as the walk the other way is bloody hard work, hills very steep in places, also detour off at the far end and visit the go cart track, the cafe there is much cheaper and better than the on circuit food/drinks
Old 14 Feb 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3712150)   #20
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
You will love Spa, one tip when walking around the track, do it with the traffic as the walk the other way is bloody hard work, hills very steep in places, also detour off at the far end and visit the go cart track, the cafe there is much cheaper and better than the on circuit food/drinks
Good tip! Thanks!
Old 15 Feb 2017, 01:15 (Ref:3712258)   #21
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
I have already rented a car to from from Brussels to Spa that I will keep for the race days. That allowed me to book a room at "Auberge de Jeunesse de Malmedy" which is pretty cheap 10kms from the circuit. Thanks anyway for your help!
Make sure you drive the old track as well! Shouldn't be an issue on the Sunday after the WEC race as there's no track activity that day.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 07:58 (Ref:3712340)   #22
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think about going to Pau aswell like Coach Ep said, should be a very good event on the streets, you can see the French-Argentine Sacha Fenestraz going for the win during the Formula Renault Eurocup
Old 15 Feb 2017, 10:11 (Ref:3712370)   #23
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
I would think about going to Pau aswell like Coach Ep said, should be a very good event on the streets, you can see the French-Argentine Sacha Fenestraz going for the win during the Formula Renault Eurocup
I think I will be already watching his brother in law (Pechito López) racing the Paris ePrix on that weekend. When is that race happening?
Old 15 Feb 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3712387)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I think I will be already watching his brother in law (Pechito López) racing the Paris ePrix on that weekend. When is that race happening?
By the way keep an eye on the spa thread in the main sportscar area as there may be a meet up either on the friday or the saturday of ten tenths people
Old 15 Feb 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3712395)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
it's the 19th-21st may, so yeah, unfortunately it clashes with paris. to be honest, i think you've got the better option of the two - unless they've modernised it a bit, pau can be a bit of a pain with parking and accomodation. paris will be a lot easier
Old 15 Feb 2017, 13:11 (Ref:3712406)   #26
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
By the way keep an eye on the spa thread in the main sportscar area as there may be a meet up either on the friday or the saturday of ten tenths people
Will do! I will be there the 3 days but probably will miss some of the earlier sessions on Thursday.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3712409)   #27
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fish food alert!

Quote:

When making your way from the bungalow park to the track (traveling towards and thru Stavelot), make sure to stop at the bakery just passed the roundabout on the right hand side, it's next door to the gas station - excellent croissants, baguettes and other goodies.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3712440)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think we may have used that one last year during the classic 6 hour visit in september
Old 7 Mar 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3717043)   #29
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
When you talk about walking the circuit do you mean around the outside (I know most Eau Rouge videos are from the outside) or the inside (where the go kart circuit seems to be)?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3717078)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well unfortunately not a lot of choice as most area's are viewing from one side only, at eau rouge you walk on the outside of the track just before the marshall caravan park you have a choice you can walk further along but then have to return as the underpass is the only way to get to the inside of the track. You are then on the inside of the track and can walk with the track for some distance, just after the cart track you find another underpass back to the outside of the track then you will be on that side until the start finish line and complex where you have a choice again until back to eau rouge.