Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old Yesterday, 07:40 (Ref:4206490)   #976
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Denied by Red Bull Racing but doesn't identify who made the statement and of course, as the article points out, doesn't deny that Newey could be leaving for a sabbatical.

As with all the claims and accusations in this whole RBR saga, may be a while before we know what is really happening.
Old Yesterday, 08:20 (Ref:4206495)   #977
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Massive news - if it is true. I know a modern F1 car is the result of more than one mans labour, but even so I would imagine that pretty much every single F1 team would love to have him onboard.

Would he even want to continue I wonder? He must be minted and perhaps would like more time to do other things? It would be interesting to hear what he has to say.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 (Ref:4206521)   #978
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He has recently said he has no interest in retiring because he looks at his brain as a muscle that needs exercising.
Also because he could dictate the terms on which he was going to supply services to Red Bull I doubt those terms would have included gardening leave provisions.
Old Yesterday, 12:56 (Ref:4206532)   #979
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Denied by Red Bull Racing but doesn't identify who made the statement and of course, as the article points out, doesn't deny that Newey could be leaving for a sabbatical.
I would say the "denial" from RBR is pretty thin and leaves all options open IMHO

Quote:
“Adrian is contracted until at least the end of 2025,” a spokesperson confirmed.
Yes, as everyone knows he has a contract through 2025. But what are his exit clauses? Has he indicated he plans to exercise them?

Quote:
“We are unaware of him joining any other team.”
Maybe they just don't know yet where he plans to go or what he plans to do?

Richard
Old Yesterday, 13:23 (Ref:4206536)   #980
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Richard, I think take a similar attitude to Joe Saward:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Old Yesterday, 14:12 (Ref:4206543)   #981
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Richard, I think take a similar attitude to Joe Saward:
Makes sense. There may be a lot of smoke, but until it's announced, it's all rumors and might be nothing.

Richard