Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Apr 2003, 04:03 (Ref:566970)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I Predicted

Jim Richards is further ahead of the field in Carrera Cup than Mark Skaife is in V8 Supercars. Wonder how long it will be before competitors start getting disolusioned with the class and disappear back to NC.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 05:24 (Ref:566982)   #2
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim has a wealth of experience both at this track and in this type of car.

Now as a large part of this field is made up of RFs and SORFs, should you be that surprised?

Also, i recon that many people would be surprised by the gap that Big Nose has, an entire 0:00.0295 sec!!! 1 sec covering 18 places in the V8s. The same gap in the most expensive single make series in the world covers THREE CARS.

WHAT THE!!!!
Old 17 Apr 2003, 22:24 (Ref:572572)   #3
pete55
Veteran

Seems to me that Carrera Cup is not achieving what it was set out to do. Didn't they say it would be close racing as all the cars are the same.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 00:16 (Ref:572681)   #4
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When will people realise that there are a few people who are actually really good drivers, as oposed to rich people who can afford to race a Porsche but are not, and when the cars are all equal, the best driver will almost always win?
Old 18 Apr 2003, 00:30 (Ref:572689)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you gauge success by the number of people working on the car, there were maybe 6 guys I recognised (by sight if not name) working on JR's Carrera Cup car at PI that had been working with him for a number of seasons

Its almost a case of pulling the setups out of the cupboard from last season when running in PROCAR... although the AGP wasnt quite so successful...

Interesting that JR's car is a 2002 Cup Car suitably upgraded while most of the field (bar Andy Miedecke and Mark Howard) were running genuine 2003 cars.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Apr 2003, 08:42 (Ref:573825)   #6
BOOSTER
Rookie

BOOSTER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete55 i think you need to check your facts before you open your mouth. just check race time then get back to me on how much he won by. don t get me wrong the guy is dam good. o and you would nt be ross palmer would you.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 08:46 (Ref:573829)   #7
BOOSTER
Rookie

BOOSTER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hey gtr, i don t want to sound like a smart ass but jims car is a 03 and his team mate brought his 02 of him.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 09:04 (Ref:573844)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which teammate? There is no other car in the field in those colours....

The 2 VIP cars are genuine 2003 Porsche GT3 Cup cars, but the Howard car running for RT motorsport and the Miedecke car which is Quinn's 2002 car reshelled to 2003 specs are 2002 units. Not sure about Fitzy's however...

Its not helpful that the website isnt updated regularly either
Old 19 Apr 2003, 10:39 (Ref:573917)   #9
pete55
Veteran

Booster, look at the practice times then look at the times he was doing in the race and tell me he wasn't taking it easy.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 10:45 (Ref:573920)   #10
pete55
Veteran

Booster, as for your stupid remark as to me being Ross Palmer; I've been trying to get answers from RossP reguarding the Procar series and he just fobs me off. I guess i'll have to try a different way of getting answers.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 01:36 (Ref:574472)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If Alex Davison was in the field, JR would have more competition, like at the AGP
Old 22 Apr 2003, 02:52 (Ref:576065)   #12
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I predicted.... jeez thats not a self-indulgent way to start a thread now is it?

This series is full of gunnas, wasses and nevagunnabeez looking to spend some more of their kids inheritance before they die.

Is it good racing?

Not really, but the crashes are expensive and thats top flight. 9 grand for a door, youd have to be joking
Old 22 Apr 2003, 03:30 (Ref:576082)   #13
pete55
Veteran

True Believer, it really wasn't that hard to see it coming.
Old 22 Apr 2003, 07:00 (Ref:576168)   #14
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It actually shows up some of the experienced guys like Miedecke and Fitzgerald and Morgan actually... their performances were nothing to write home about.. in a straight fight in identical equipment, Richo Sr would wipe the floor with them...
Old 23 Apr 2003, 11:39 (Ref:577887)   #15
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew says Thanks for your comments TB and he looks forward to wiping the floor with some posters here on TT
Old 24 Apr 2003, 07:36 (Ref:579103)   #16
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Mad Andy" is a very under-rated driver. Arguably one of the most solid, mechanically sympathetic co-drivers going at endurance time.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 24 Apr 2003, 08:34 (Ref:579151)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I dont doubt it... have been a fan for quite a while... the only problem is rust I would suggest
Old 26 Apr 2003, 11:04 (Ref:581379)   #18
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too Busy making TV ads for his dealership when he should be concentrating on the racing and letting a better looking more attractive person ( Like the girls in reception at Miedeckes) do the ads.

Hes lost none of his passion for racing and refuses to take a Enduro Drive in the V8's unless it competitive. He loved the Brute Drives at Sandown 500 and Indy Last year and I would NOT be suprised to see him back playing in that mad esciting category soon