Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Apr 2003, 12:34 (Ref:568097)   #26
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it is the Australian HRT/TWR/Kmart/Team Brock Championship isn't it ????

What else did you expect !!!!!
Old 13 Apr 2003, 13:29 (Ref:568137)   #27
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come it doesn't suprise me that Bright got away with that dog-act on Ambrose?

I suppose because Skaife got away with that blatant punt on Murphy.

Because HRO/TWR or whatever are owned by Holden, illegaly and get away with it.

Because HRO/TWR run 6 cars, illegally and get away with it.

The list goes on forever and it is just so blatantly obvious. Do the officials think we are completely stupid? Some of their decisions of late have been absolutely disgusting, and I am getting bloody sick of it!
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 19:41 (Ref:568422)   #28
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe some of you guys need to follow Formula Ford, because a Ford allways wins there so you should be happy!

To be perfectly honest, I was surprised that Amrose wasn't really fired up over what happened, he really didn't seem to have an issue with it, as far as we could see on TV.

But to say that Bright got away with it becasue he is ex HRT, lame lame lame. Get a new excuse book fella's, the old one is out of date.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 20:32 (Ref:568455)   #29
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My main concern was Brights continuation of the incident after the initial touch. I would think his brakes were working.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 21:04 (Ref:568484)   #30
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disgraceful, the stewards should all be sacked.

What a load of cobblers.

The first bit...........OK, I'll go with a racing incident though to me Bright new exactly what he was doing.
Part 2.... GUILTY!
Old 13 Apr 2003, 22:11 (Ref:568533)   #31
White Knight

Come out from behind the blue oval eyes.

Why didn't Ambrose get out of it and let the faster car (Bright) go through? It wasn't all one sided contact!

Old 13 Apr 2003, 22:21 (Ref:568542)   #32
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not either red or blue here, but where did you want Ambrose to go? He was trying to get into pitlane, then they made contact with Bright up his bum until he went off. Bright had brakes. Had it not of been raining maybe I could understand it being a racing incident a little better? But considering Dumbrell got fined $5000 at the GP for coming back onto the circuit and hitting Morris, the main reason for a guilty verdict, he was not driving for the conditions (wet) and should of showed more care.
Yesterday was ,IMHO worse than then.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 22:53 (Ref:568563)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched the incident from the relative discomfort of the circuit... the SBR team expected Bright to get a stop go at least.... lucky Marcos' radio wasnt on the teev at the time, might have heard some new words

The final result was a farce, the pace car picking up the wrong car again, and total confusion in the officialdom suggests that more than a few teams were robbed of a good result...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Apr 2003, 00:31 (Ref:568628)   #34
Suddy
Rookie

Suddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose wasn't going to make the pit lane anyway,he was traveling too fast and would have speered off,just like he did the next lap.Bright had every right to come down the inside like he did.But what happened next,anyones guess.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 01:32 (Ref:568653)   #35
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Change the cars around and put Ambrose in Bright's position and you'd have Brock carrying on like it's blantant barging.

Better still put Ingall in Bright's position and you'd see a fine for sure.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 02:58 (Ref:568701)   #36
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have watched the incident a few times and do not fault Bright connecting with ambrose at the pit entrance. What I do find strange is that Bright was accelerating while having a car attached to his. He just pushed Ambrose out of the way, being as wet as the track was and with Ambrose on slicks I think this was a very dangerous act, and find it amazing that he was not punished.

I also found it interesting that Skaife was not punished for diving to the inside and spinning Murphy (it was Murph wasn’t it).

Skaife was passed A/B pillar or whateva it is called but there was no way that he was going to make a clear pass. It was rather a stupid move on Skaife’s part.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 03:31 (Ref:568722)   #37
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph turned in when he should have realised it was Skaife's corner, equal blame = racing incident = no penalty.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 06:59 (Ref:568783)   #38
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just goes to prove that the stewards put the knee pads on when it involves a 'team symbol' driver
NOT HAPPY JAN

Last edited by rocket; 14 Apr 2003 at 07:00.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 07:03 (Ref:568786)   #39
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bright had better traction coming out of what used to be MG corner. He was trying an over-and-under on Ambrose (which would have worked), when Ambrose made a sudden turn into the pits, without an indicator or anything. For all Bright knew, Ambrose could have been trying to cover his line.

As for the continuation, Bright clearly could not turn left after that. Yes, his brakes were working, but they would not have worked on the wet grass. And don't forget that this was the corner immediately after the hit. Hence, going through this corner, Bright would have had no inclination as to the extent of the damage (ie. he would not have yet known that he had no steering).

I am a fan of both Marcos and Jason, and couldn't give a fat rat's about the Holden vs Ford garbage. But I can completely understand how the stewards arrived at their verdict.

The conspiracy stuff is absolutely ridiculous. You sound like 3 year olds.

Last edited by mac; 14 Apr 2003 at 07:05.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 07:11 (Ref:568793)   #40
rocket
Racer

ummm they were only on the grass for a small amount of time, so why couldnt he use his brakes for the other 50mtrs & im pretty certain he would have known his steering was bent once they got back on the track & the steering wheel would have been pointing in the wrong direction
Old 14 Apr 2003, 07:20 (Ref:568800)   #41
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He would have had no idea what sort of damage had occurred until he had turned the steering wheel (ie. went through a corner).
Old 14 Apr 2003, 07:34 (Ref:568803)   #42
rocket
Racer

well as soon as he got back on the track he would of turned left as thats the way the corner goes so then he would have realised the steering was damaged so why did he keep on pushing, he managed to do at least 2 more laps at speed so he must have had reasonable steering to manage that
Old 14 Apr 2003, 07:35 (Ref:568804)   #43
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ummm Big Picture,

Round wins- Holden (Skaife)-1
Ford (Lowndes)- 1

Disecting all this other stuff now is pretty unimportant in the end result, like "separating the fly **** from the pepper". (Dick Johnson).

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 14 Apr 2003, 11:00 (Ref:568925)   #44
dennisonthenet
Rookie

dennisonthenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it seem,s to me if it h r t related they can get away with any **** and not worry about penalities because the officals get there palms greased with bigdollars. All seven cars
Old 14 Apr 2003, 11:15 (Ref:568937)   #45
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But it was interesting that everything else within cooee of Lowndes was a Holden...
Old 14 Apr 2003, 12:34 (Ref:569006)   #46
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcos was turned around because Bright's steering was bent, ha, don't make me laugh!

He still managed to come second, and he couldn't turn left. That is a great effort.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:01 (Ref:569029)   #47
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was not bent until after he hit Ambrose.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:28 (Ref:569046)   #48
Acj 428
Rookie

Acj 428 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
QUOTE>>
"He would have had no idea what sort of damage had occurred until he had turned the steering wheel (ie. went through a corner)."

I'd like to know at which point or should i say point of contact the first or fourth time he rammed into the side of Ambrose, did bright realised his steering was bent....
Old 14 Apr 2003, 21:50 (Ref:569512)   #49
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the brake pedal slowed the car, preventing it from running into things... maybe I'm just going about this driving thing all wrong...
Old 15 Apr 2003, 07:11 (Ref:569834)   #50
rocket
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Acj 428

I'd like to know at which point or should i say point of contact the first or fourth time he rammed into the side of Ambrose, did bright realised his steering was bent....
maybe he thought that continuing to hit ambrose would fix the steering up, after all he is called NOT SO