Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Apr 2003, 09:24 (Ref:581344)   #51
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the way i see it too Crash, as far as Mitsubishi goes. The motorsport press have probably had a slow news week and made a big deal of it though.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 23:17 (Ref:581737)   #52
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
The rules are probably there for a reason. Haven't the powers that be say that they are open to negotiations? The people who have been doing all of the door slamming of late have been the manufacturers... it would be a simple enough thing to rewrite the rules once all of the relevent stakeholders agree that another manufacturer should join the party.
You and I both know that AVESCO are there to protect themselves and their income - nothing more.

As for Ford and Holden slamming the doors - why is this? Are they that afraid of someone else showing them up or is it more to protect their own little boys club?

Australian NASCAR - just love those staged races...
Old 26 Apr 2003, 23:21 (Ref:581740)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A rule remains a rule enforceable by the body who wrote the rules up until the quintessential moment that someone who thinks they are being donald ducked over takes it to the highest court in the land and gets a proper legal opinion binding on all concerned

All I can say is that if the Team Agreement that TEGA is so heavily reliant upon right now is written in the same style as the AVESCO regulations... HRT can drive their B-double transporter through it without injury, and live to fight another day!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Apr 2003, 23:53 (Ref:581765)   #54
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was Mr. Bishi or Mr. Toyota and approached AVESCO about joining their liitle circus, and was turned down, I think I would have my legal eagles reading the Trade Practices Act
Old 27 Apr 2003, 00:19 (Ref:581776)   #55
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Tricky,

You've got no problems with Ford getting beaten by Mitsubishi and/or Toyota then?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 27 Apr 2003, 00:48 (Ref:581783)   #56
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think anyone has any problems with it as long as all cars start with a level playing field.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 00:54 (Ref:581786)   #57
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tricky
If I was Mr. Bishi or Mr. Toyota and approached AVESCO about joining their liitle circus, and was turned down, I think I would have my legal eagles reading the Trade Practices Act
But on what basis? Because it is unfair that Holden and Ford have access to a very good marketing tool? I would be like having Mitsi have a nark over Holden and Ford because they have better TV ads...
Old 27 Apr 2003, 01:03 (Ref:581789)   #58
Mattracer
Veteran

Neither do I, but the credibility problems encountered in developing a RWD Magna and a RWD Toyota could create more grey areas than chequered flags on the halls of the marketing depts.

I've got absoutely nothing against Mitsubishi and Toyota per se- they make quality products. Shoe-horning a Mopar parts-bin engine into the Magna and a Lexus-sourced engine into an Avalon is fine, but remember,

the original road cars as sold here don't have a V8 of any sort even in name association in their model line-ups unlike Holden (Chev) or Ford (5.4L)

The relationship between Holden and Chev through the GM network is well-known just like Chrysler/Mitsubishi but the RWD thing is still a sticking point.

In the end, I watch what is put in front of me, and I won't worry too much what happens in the end because it's still racing.

Old 27 Apr 2003, 10:04 (Ref:581918)   #59
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ill Pay 5 Bucks per licence for the three teams thats 15 bucks about all they are worth to me , then as a ford fan Id shut them down.
I Wish June 1 would hurry up and get its butt over here
Old 28 Apr 2003, 07:25 (Ref:582538)   #60
Mattracer
Veteran

Your opinion respected, Tool Man, but who would Ford play against? Holden's factory presence removed and you've got a different landscape for sure.

Reminds me of the last 20 or so years of Holden vs Ford's involvement.

Old 28 Apr 2003, 11:26 (Ref:582729)   #61
The Tool Man
Veteran

Spose your Correct Matt.

Crashy- The rules may be written by the body that controls the show or what ever- But I sometimes wonder if they have actually gone back and re read what they wrote since the day they put to print or even if they have the same version as others.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 11:30 (Ref:582734)   #62
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm fairly certain they would be constantly looked at, just judging by the number of updates etc that have been issued over the years...
Old 28 Apr 2003, 11:43 (Ref:582754)   #63
The Tool Man
Veteran

Yeah Im sure they are but some decisions make you wonder at times
Old 28 Apr 2003, 11:53 (Ref:582763)   #64
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
Neither do I, but the credibility problems encountered in developing a RWD Magna and a RWD Toyota could create more grey areas than chequered flags on the halls of the marketing depts.
I agree, i'd prefer the cars to be proper Touring Cars, ie...based on the road going cars.

But the cars now are effectively silouette cars, not Touring Cars, so i'm more inclined to just say open it up to Toyota, Mitsubishi, BMW, Skoda, Lada............
Old 28 Apr 2003, 23:28 (Ref:583296)   #65
Mattracer
Veteran

They're not silhouettes really until the Magna and Avalon are there RWD with V8s.

We are getting pretty close though- the race cars should have the same capacities as the road cars, then the link in people's minds with the road car product is solidified.

Old 29 Apr 2003, 01:06 (Ref:583334)   #66
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The AVESCO technical regulations offer different rules to the same issues. The trick is to get an interpretation from one of the legends in the AVESCO technical team, as it is the interpretation that is legal, not the rules themselves.

They are still written like children's books though, 200% complete in places, totally devoid of content in others
Old 29 Apr 2003, 13:40 (Ref:583783)   #67
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR and True Believer speak the same native tongue
Old 30 Apr 2003, 04:34 (Ref:584543)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
True Believer isnt known to me.... but he/she/it raises some good points, then goes off on a tirade about something totally unrelated or makes it personal.

Hopefully I am a bit more focused than that....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods