Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Apr 2003, 00:26 (Ref:584435)   #1
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Betta to handle things betta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press release.

MAJOR IN-ROADS INTO HANDLING FOR TEAM BETTA

What a difference a day makes or in this case, what a difference a two-week period makes in redefining the total suspension set-up of both Team Betta Electrical BA Falcons.

The Team has experienced frustration with the cars handling characteristics during the first two rounds of this year¹s series, so much so the team has called on assistance from outside the team in order to bring a totally fresh perspective to the suspension set-up problem.

Going back to basics is very important said Paul Radisich, if you don¹t come back to the starting point the problem will just keep magnifying itself.

With some fresh thoughts on how to overcome the cars behavioural problems, particularly in being able to get the power down to the ground earlier coming out of the corners, this alone will allow us to gain at least another 1.5 seconds per lap which inturn would automatically place the cars in the top five placing¹s² - Radisich commented.

There is no doubt about it, we have made dramatic in-roads with the changes to the suspension geometry since Phillip Island and although the team has not had the opportunity test the cars on the circuit, the entire team is quietly confident the cars will show far greater performance during the practice sessions prior to Sundays 300km race.

Which brings us to another point said Radisich, there should be no accolades for the person responsible for the decision to run a 300km race on such a circuit as Eastern Creek. My view is the circuit is more suited to the sprint race format of past years, but most certainly not a 300km endurance event.

The excitement of the shorter sprint races may well be lost this year with results coming down to the performance of the pit crews and the mercy of the weather.

However I may well be proven wrong this weekend² _ said Radisich.

I have had success at this circuit in the past, having won at Eastern Creek in 2000 after qualifying 5th, with a further 5th position in 2001 _ he said.

I do enjoy the circuit, particularly the very fast sweeping first corner, it is possibly best described as a drivers circuit rather than a spectators circuit².

Dean Canto, second of the Team Betta Electrical drivers in car 66, has only had one previous start at Eastern Creek in 2001, qualifying in 30th position whilst finishing the race in 25th position.

I cant say I have had a lot of experience with this circuit, however I am looking forward to mastering the circuit this weekend, which is something a 300km race tends to afford you², - Canto commented.

I¹ll be approaching this event in a very steady manner and hopefully build on my position throughout the race distance.

I have experienced some misfortunes in this, my first full time position with the team and trust this is all behind me now. I will be approaching this weekend¹s race with a great deal of determination for a good result, he said.

Paul Radisich in car 65 is currently placed 9th on the series points table with a total of 276 points, Dean Canto in car 66 is placed in 31st position with a total of 66 points.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 04:26 (Ref:584538)   #2
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Odd comments from Canto about experience at Eastern Creek considering the race circuit is maybe 10km maximum from his dad's panel shop....

Deano had better be careful he doesnt fall into the 33rd slot and disappear up the spout like his predecessor nearly did!