Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Apr 2007, 13:57 (Ref:1897010)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Your all time favourite Porsche team & why ?

I guess mine would have to be Brun Motorsport's .

When they ran their 956/962 , almost every race there was a differant livery and top class drivers for the most part .

They beat the works team and Joest racing for the 1986 WC-PC and that was something for a privateer , they even had at most rounds 3 chassis , and entered no less than 5 chassis in the 1989 Le mans 24 hours .

They also had a car in the states and in japan at the same time too and develpoed their own "bombein" bodywork and carbon fibre chassis .

I liked them for what they achived and it was always a surprise as to what colors the cars were at each meeting and who was doing the driving .

This could be interesting to see who brings up forgotten teams .
Old 21 Apr 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1897061)   #2
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Badger, I don't want to derail you thread, but my favorite Porsche team is the next one!
All of them, and anyone that races Porsche!
In terms of nostalgia...Gulf Porsche AG.
Those first 917's were unbelievable !
Old 21 Apr 2007, 22:53 (Ref:1897303)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Theres only us Spyder !!!
Old 21 Apr 2007, 22:54 (Ref:1897304)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
Badger, I don't want to derail you thread, but my favorite Porsche team is the next one!
All of them, and anyone that races Porsche!
In terms of nostalgia...Gulf Porsche AG.
Those first 917's were unbelievable !
You mean John Wyer Automotive ? I especially liked the long tail 917's .
Old 21 Apr 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1897305)   #5
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant remember the team maybe Richard Lloyd Racing(I was only young) but it was a red and white Canon sponsered porsche 956/962 driven my I think Jan Lammers and Johnathon Palmer (again was young so stand to be corrected) but I just remeer it at Silverstone and the damn thing seemed to fly..
Old 21 Apr 2007, 23:03 (Ref:1897306)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

It was Richard Lloyd Racing ..... 1984 1985 i think . Had Brilliant Bob on board for 1987 with Liqui-Moly colors . That was my first sportscar race too .

They changed their name to BLR (Britten Lloyd Racing) for Le mans , maybe it was 1987 i think , and ran their own GTI modded chassis sponsored by Takefuji in red , looked smart too .

Last edited by The Badger; 21 Apr 2007 at 23:09.
Old 21 Apr 2007, 23:12 (Ref:1897308)   #7
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AAW Racing, the only Finnish top level sportscar team and Interserie winners in 71, 72 and 73.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 04:48 (Ref:1897416)   #8
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Badger - What was the team that had the psychedelic livery on the 917's? Martini sponsored if I recall correctly.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 07:13 (Ref:1897454)   #9
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While owned by Porsche, the 917LH I think you refer too was loaned to the 'Martini Racing Team' for Le Mans.

My favorite prosche team would be either Kremer or Joest. Both have had long associations with Porsche and neither has been afraid to take the standard race product and tweak it to make the car their own.

In Kremers case the 935, was taken to the next stage with the K3 model and (Joest had the 'J' version and also built a Moby Dick replica) and that became car to beat.

Joest ran 908's before moving thru 936's and 935 before like Kremer building a group C car based around a Porsche engine before the 956 years were Joest became the best.

Either way, both are iconic Porsche teams.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 08:09 (Ref:1897467)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Badger - What was the team that had the psychedelic livery on the 917's? Martini sponsored if I recall correctly.
Im not sure Spyder , but it may have been Porsche Salzburg .
Old 22 Apr 2007, 08:45 (Ref:1897490)   #11
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Being too late born for the glory of Group C, it's probably Alzen Motorsport for me. The Turbo Porsche ("Turbinchen") just ruled.... if it had only been a little more reliable. Maybe the Cayman V10 will be.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 08:52 (Ref:1897497)   #12
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I've been pondering this one a bit, and enjoying it a lot as sportscars for me really started in 1982, so I got the full flowering of the 956/962 era.

On balance I think the nod has to go to Joest - for the 936C, the New Man liveried 956s, beating the works Porsches first time out at Monza, the wins at Le Mans, and Dijon in 1989 make it for me. Even although they were before my time the early days of the team with 908s and 935s also have appeal. The 1990s and the WSC95 added something too, but here I can't help feeling they'd started the long drift into being a works squad.

As others on the board have said, the Richard Lloyd cars were really nice, I had a soft spot for John Fitzpatrick's outfit with both 935s and 956s, and the Obermaier car with Boss livery looked good but in the final analysis none of them have the real 'rebels who won through' appeal of Reinhold Joest's outfit.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 11:09 (Ref:1897580)   #13
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be the works Rothmans cars of the 956/962 era !! My dad took me to watch them at Brands in the early-mid 80s!! Highlight of my racing year back then and what started me to like sportscar racing!!

Of the private teams has to be Joest and Richard Lloyd Racing with the Canon sponsored cars
Old 22 Apr 2007, 11:13 (Ref:1897582)   #14
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love Martini racing's 911 RSR of 1973 and 1974 (I think the last version was the best one), they won Targa Florio 73, and finished second in Le Mans 74 with the first 'turbo' made by Porsche.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 11:33 (Ref:1897595)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
http://martini.racing.photo.site.voi...emans_70_9.htm

It was entered by Martini Racing and driven by Larrousse and Kauhsen.

I have not a favourite team because I am to young but Kremer, JWA, Richard Loyd, Porsche Salzburg, Penske, GELO, Brun, Joest and others are all great and famous teams. Porsche has a great history (especially the 70s and 80s).
Old 22 Apr 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1897693)   #16
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage M6
I love Martini racing's 911 RSR of 1973 and 1974 (I think the last version was the best one), they won Targa Florio 73, and finished second in Le Mans 74 with the first 'turbo' made by Porsche.
I'll have to concur. The silver 911's were the ones I liked most, but I am a fan of all the Martini cars.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 13:44 (Ref:1897695)   #17
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
http://martini.racing.photo.site.voi...emans_70_9.htm

It was entered by Martini Racing and driven by Larrousse and Kauhsen.

I have not a favourite team because I am to young but Kremer, JWA, Richard Loyd, Porsche Salzburg, Penske, GELO, Brun, Joest and others are all great and famous teams. Porsche has a great history (especially the 70s and 80s).
Thanks Fire.(Nordic and Badger too)
Man, you can see I'm a product of the sixties, cause I think that paintwork is....GROOVY!
Old 22 Apr 2007, 14:14 (Ref:1897712)   #18
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Being too late born for the glory of Group C, it's probably Alzen Motorsport for me. The Turbo Porsche ("Turbinchen") just ruled.... if it had only been a little more reliable. Maybe the Cayman V10 will be.
Here's the Alzen Cayman. It isn't yet in its V10 configuration, but has a 3.9L 6 cylinder pushing 520 bhp.
So far it has raced twice.
It qualified 4th in its first race and ran as high as 3rd before it retired with gearbox problems.
It came 5th in its second race (Uwe was not driving as he was competing in the Supercup)

http://www.juergen-alzen-motorsport....hp?inhalt=news
Old 22 Apr 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1897794)   #19
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Fire.(Nordic and Badger too)
Man, you can see I'm a product of the sixties, cause I think that paintwork is....GROOVY!
Haha, I'm a product of the mid-80s and I still think that paintwork is groovy! One of my favs.

JWA Gulf cars from 1970-71 are high in my books, and so is the silver Martini 917.

There is a theme here (the 917 was so gorgeous that paint of any type looked equally gorgeous) so my breakaway picks are the Martini-sponsored 935 Moby Dick and contemporary 936s, and the Rolf Stommelen Kremer 936 from the 198(2?3?) DRM, in simple red and white.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1899233)   #20
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep I'm with you cmk...product of mid eighties and its groovy!

I always liked the Skol Bandit cars...not too sure who ran them but I liked the paint job in whatever series they ran in
Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:35 (Ref:1899247)   #21
Mirage M6
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo
Yep I'm with you cmk...product of mid eighties and its groovy!

I always liked the Skol Bandit cars...not too sure who ran them but I liked the paint job in whatever series they ran in

I'm totally agree. I don´t remember the team and the years. Maybe Fitzpatrick on 84 and 85?

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1899253)   #22
Gendebien
Rookie

Gendebien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage M6
I'm totally agree. I don´t remember the team and the years. Maybe Fitzpatrick on 84 and 85?
Fitzpatrick 83 and 84
Old 24 Apr 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1899276)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Much as I love the glorious 917s, (and despite my age ), they were before my time. I have to go for the Brun team as well. For me, Walter and co epitomised the loyal and effective WSC competitor in the 80s. A good team, gaining some good results but not quite the success and support they deserved. Despite the Jag 1-2 at Le Mans in 1990, I would have loved to have seen that Repsol car come home in 2nd place....

If we were talking about colourschemes though (and I know we have many times before.... , I go for the wonderful 1988 works Shell sponsored cars. Beautiful.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1899402)   #24
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche AG 911 GT1 LM 1996
Looking good, sounds well and that awesome sound while shifting/braking.
And sometimes that turbo fires well
Old 24 Apr 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1899464)   #25
Mirage M6
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendebien
Fitzpatrick 83 and 84

Thanks

Ferdinand Porsche