Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Sep 2016, 21:53 (Ref:3672415)   #51
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Flights and hotels are now both booked. A couple nights in Paris before, and one night after the race. Will be staying in Blois for three days during scrutineering. Might have been able to make an effort to stay in Le Mans during that time but I don't particularly like price gouging, and I like the opportunity to discover a new town or city as well. 2015 stayed in Angers and thought that was a cool place (would stay there again if I had to), hoping to find the same experience in Blois.

If anyone has stayed or spent time in Blois and has recommendations I am all ears. Planning to get out to Chateau Chambord on the Tuesday.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3677067)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Only 1 month until the ACO site opens for booking, must renew my aco membership soon aswell
Old 19 Oct 2016, 12:18 (Ref:3681356)   #53
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know how much ferry prices tend to change for Portsmouth/Poole to Le Havre/Caen/Cherborg routes as we get closer to June?
Thanks
Old 22 Oct 2016, 08:07 (Ref:3681867)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
been away for 12 days and got back to several e mails from Nadine with booking forms, strange but form indicates that several popular camping sites are not available this year, anyone else seeen the same
Old 22 Oct 2016, 10:47 (Ref:3681888)   #55
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
been away for 12 days and got back to several e mails from Nadine with booking forms, strange but form indicates that several popular camping sites are not available this year, anyone else seeen the same
Which ones?
Old 22 Oct 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3681892)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Houx Houx annexx and maison blanche were all blocked out on the form i got
Old 22 Oct 2016, 11:35 (Ref:3681894)   #57
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Houx Houx annex and maison blanche were all blocked out on the form i got
Houx and Houx annex!?
Those are two of the most traditional sites with a lot of regulars going!?
Maybe they are already sold out to those who usually book them, through agencies?
Old 22 Oct 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3681907)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think that may br right, will send in my app for tr and keep my fingers crossed
Old 25 Oct 2016, 08:19 (Ref:3682691)   #59
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO ticket site is online for members now. Was a bit slow and order did freeze for 5 minutes but for the ACO website it wasn't bad. Have a grandstand ticket now so just need to sort out travel and I'm all set for another trip!
Old 25 Oct 2016, 08:32 (Ref:3682695)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
hopefully Nadine will sort out my tickets but will nee to renew membership, might leave it a few days as site will be very busy, exchange rate will mean everything costs more this year
Old 25 Oct 2016, 08:44 (Ref:3682703)   #61
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Site keeps crashing for me here. I'll probably wait until the day before it opens fully to the public.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3682743)   #62
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Paid deposit for 2017, so I guess that means I'm going.

Figure I should probably watch a bit of sportscar racing next year...
Old 26 Oct 2016, 08:36 (Ref:3682917)   #63
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Booked my Accommodation and now waiting for the tickets to go on sale later this week for my first Le Mans. So Excited!!!!

Are there any benefits to being an ACO member(I bet I can read on this on the ACO website but I might rather hear it from the pros)?
Old 26 Oct 2016, 11:29 (Ref:3682979)   #64
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Booked my Accommodation and now waiting for the tickets to go on sale later this week for my first Le Mans. So Excited!!!!

Are there any benefits to being an ACO member(I bet I can read on this on the ACO website but I might rather hear it from the pros)?
Early access to tickets, discounts on some and access to some different viewing areas and bars/ restaurants at the track.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3683019)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have been a member for many years and save the cost of membership on the purchase of tickets and camping, and even more on the classic years, membership also entitles you to a pack each year that includes a programme and stickers which you can pick up when you arrive. If all you neeed is tickets then purchase them when you get there saves on postage at least (ACO discount will still apply). If you want grandstand seats then join ACO before the 29th get what you want with discount, once public sale opens usually only less popular ones left.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3683123)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On one of those things Simon (my annual question ), have you received your pack from the ACO for this year yet?
Old 26 Oct 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3683130)   #67
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
On one of those things Simon (my annual question ), have you received your pack from the ACO for this year yet?
I collected my pack (excludes timing sheets) at the circuit but still got a pack several months ago.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3683187)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm. Mine hasn't arrived..... I remember that it didn't get to me until October last year.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 08:52 (Ref:3683314)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hmmm. Mine hasn't arrived..... I remember that it didn't get to me until October last year.
Did you collect you programme at the circuit, saves buying one
Old 27 Oct 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3683317)   #70
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
We have been moving around grandstands recently to try different views - I am going to book today and am planning on somewhere between T15 Chinetti and T11 Wimille - has anyone got any experience or opinions on these? Which ones have a view of a big screen - The ACO site says they all do?
Old 27 Oct 2016, 09:38 (Ref:3683324)   #71
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi all,

When you buy a grandstand ticket, you are allowed to roam around the circuit as well and view from different ares right?

Also, what stand would you guys recommend for best viewing(start, finish, TV screen)?

Furthermore, to purchase the tickets, do I need to register with the Lemans website?
Thank you.

Last edited by PhilipR; 27 Oct 2016 at 09:47.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3683327)   #72
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Hi all,

When you buy a grandstand ticket, you are allowed to roam around the circuit as well and view from different ares right?

Also, what stand would you guys recommend for best viewing(start, finish, TV screen)?

Furthermore, to purchase the tickets, do I need to register with the Lemans website?
Thank you.
You need to buy a grandstand ticket and a general entry ticket
Old 27 Oct 2016, 09:55 (Ref:3683328)   #73
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You need to buy a grandstand ticket and a general entry ticket
Very efficient having to purchase 2 instead of one that features both
Old 27 Oct 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3683414)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The grandstand ticket only allows you to view from that grandstand although everyone can use the grandstands on Wednesday/thursday for practice/qualy and to be honest security at the grandstands can be a little lax during the wee hours on sunday morning. However in 31 trips to the main event i have never had a grandstand ticket and happy to watch the race from the vast area around the circuit that needs nothing more than a GE ticket
Old 27 Oct 2016, 18:00 (Ref:3683419)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Did you collect you programme at the circuit, saves buying one
No, I never look at it at the circuit anyway......