Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Dec 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2593700)   #1
DJnewb
Rookie

DJnewb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Farnbacher Loles no more

Apparently the team is closing its doors after a very successful run. There are lots of rumors flying around about why they are closing, but the end result is the same. They had a lot of good people working there, a couple I consider friends as they were always really nice to me when I saw them at the track. Hope these good people find their way back to the track, and their good names and our good sport isn't tarnished by a couple of bad eggs.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2593707)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
It was expected Greg Loles would continue on, after the split. (Per Murphy the Bear months ago) I haven't seen anything official on the Farnbacher Loles split/fold, perhaps if someone has, or has inside info they can comment.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2593719)   #3
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So those Grand-AM E92 M3's are not happening?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 23:50 (Ref:2593724)   #4
kfyork
Rookie

United States
Southeastern United States of N.America
kfyork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
So those Grand-AM E92 M3's are not happening?
Good question. Anyone?
Old 4 Dec 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2593754)   #5
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
It was expected Greg Loles would continue on, after the split. (Per Murphy the Bear months ago) I haven't seen anything official on the Farnbacher Loles split/fold, perhaps if someone has, or has inside info they can comment.
Per the Bear this week, Loles was not expected to field anything in the ALMS.

Quote:
With Farnbacher reported to be a partner in name only (best source says shop shut down), if that, Murphy is less than convinced there will be a Greg Loles GT2 entry rumored by others in ALMS.
As of today, Murphy tells me that there will be no Loles racing anywhere with anything.

Much is said to have happened; the principal cought up in the Bernie thing (not Ecclestone), a medical emergency, funds recieved, bills unpaid, questions of who owns what, who owes what to whom. Whatever of that shakes out, it seems clear there will be no racing, anywhere. That includes the BMW M6's built on Pratt & Miller-built chassis for Grand Am. (There was never a plan to field E92 M3's in Grand Am.)
Old 4 Dec 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2593768)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Jasus , the Falken 997 may well turn out to be the best 997 in ALMS next year !!!

That is a shocking thought .
Old 4 Dec 2009, 01:55 (Ref:2593775)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they are falling like flies...
Old 4 Dec 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2593992)   #8
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
That includes the BMW M6's built on Pratt & Miller-built chassis for Grand Am. (There was never a plan to field E92 M3's in Grand Am.)

http://www.farnbacherlolesracing.com/news.htm#konibmw

C'mon man, 2 minutes of fact checking really isn't that hard.

There was never any word of Farnbacher running Tube framed M6s in GT. Turner Motorsports is fielding the ex Automatic/Playboy racing M6, and one of the former Tube framed GTOs has been rebodied as an M6, I forget the name of the team running it, but it was entered at the last two races of this season in GA.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2594002)   #9
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Jasus , the Falken 997 may well turn out to be the best 997 in ALMS next year !!!

That is a shocking thought .
What about the lizards, perhaps I've missed something ?
Old 4 Dec 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2594019)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The story is a single car team , so you can just imagine who might get the driving duties !!!

Nieman will certainly want a drive , so that takes that car off the podium .
Old 4 Dec 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2594026)   #11
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the second car ?
Old 4 Dec 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2594035)   #12
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
http://www.farnbacherlolesracing.com/news.htm#konibmw

C'mon man, 2 minutes of fact checking really isn't that hard.

There was never any word of Farnbacher running Tube framed M6s in GT. Turner Motorsports is fielding the ex Automatic/Playboy racing M6, and one of the former Tube framed GTOs has been rebodied as an M6, I forget the name of the team running it, but it was entered at the last two races of this season in GA.
I'm well aware of that press release. More careful reading would identify the announced M3 program as a KONI Challenge, not Grand Am GT, and thus based on the M3's "native" chassis and not a tube frame.

Quote:
...BMWs for their first foray into the KONI Sports Car Challenge Grand Sport (GS) Class. Utilizing BMW’s customer racing program, Farnbacher Loles effort will be based upon the BMW M3 GT4 race cars that have been competing successfully in Europe. The first car is due to arrive in late 2009.
Separate from that, I was told there is a Pratt & Miller chassis-based M6 build underway for Loles in Grand Am GT (having nothing to do with Farnbacher) involving the chassis design previously used for Pontiacs, but in fact a new one, not "converted." Further, BMW was reported to have objected to any tube-frame based M3's thus the KONI unibodies, and the use of M6 "look-alikes" in Grand Am GT.

Sorry for not appending "GT" to the back of "Grand Am." I don't let that little support series cross my mind, although I admit it's far more relevant (and far better - even excellent - racing) than is the rather silly ALMS attempt to make a new class from an all-Porsche club-racing style single marque series.

Anyway, whatever plans were or were not in the works for the former Farnbacher Loles or for Loles alone are entirely kaput.

Last edited by TWK; 4 Dec 2009 at 16:53.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2594038)   #13
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
What about the second car ?
There is a rumor they may only field a single car, but whether they field 1 or 2 is far from certain. All is rumor for now. The reported (rumored) movement of van Overbeek to Sharp's Ferrari team has fueled speculation that the Lizard's program might be reduced in 2010.

(That and Seth's wedding, on the theory that married guys are allowed to spend far less on their toys than single guys.)
Old 4 Dec 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2594068)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

(That and Seth's wedding, on the theory that married guys are allowed to spend far less on their toys than single guys.)
Old 4 Dec 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2594198)   #15
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
rather silly ALMS attempt to make a new class from an all-Porsche club-racing style single marque series.
Some might see this as an opening in that can of worms. However, we all must remember that this isn't the thread for said can of worms.

Chris
Old 5 Dec 2009, 01:26 (Ref:2594284)   #16
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Some might see this as an opening in that can of worms. However, we all must remember that this isn't the thread for said can of worms.

Chris
So it is.

So they might; and so it is not. I'm properly chastised.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2594469)   #17
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry TWK, I didn't mean to be a dick. That was a case of me censoring myself.

Chris
Old 6 Dec 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2594958)   #18
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Sorry TWK, I didn't mean to be a dick. That was a case of me censoring myself.

Chris
You weren't. It was a fair observation.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2595574)   #19
TwoSeatsOrLess
Rookie

United States
CA
TwoSeatsOrLess should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on their street car business? Assuming it will go on operating as normal but can anyone confirm?
Old 8 Dec 2009, 03:15 (Ref:2595897)   #20
bobsters987
Rookie

bobsters987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumor this week has it the Danbury shop is also closing.. Look for news later this week on the the Danbury shop...
Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2596120)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Whats the Danbury shop please ?
Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2596121)   #22
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Farnbacher Loles HQ where the take car of the street car business. They also had a shop at Road Atlanta, but recently closed it.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2596123)   #23
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the Audi/VW/Porsche specialty service and tuning shop that Farnbacher Loles own(ed?) as well.

http://www.farnbacherloles.com/index_service.htm
Old 8 Dec 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2596215)   #24
burbanite
Rookie

burbanite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.newhavenregister.com/arti...9726016016.txt
Old 8 Dec 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2596225)   #25
TWK
Veteran

Murphy the Bear reporting on Greg Loles' implication in alleged "massive" fraud involving Connecticut church.