TNSL
Rookie

England
Freiburg, South Germany
TNSL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tyre Sizes

Hello to you all.

I am new here, and to karting.

Ok i brought my son a bambino kart don't know the chassis, but the engine is a Comer if that means anything thing to you.
i need to get some new or used tyres for it, but am not sure what tyres will fit the rims. Here are the numbers from the tyres and rims i have.

Front

Tyres:- Vega 10x4.00-5 Rims:- Free Line 5" CH110

Rear

Tyres:- Vega 10x4.60-5 Rims:- Free line 5" DH150

I have had a look on ebay but have found nothing with them numbers, also i have seen SL3 SL8 etc... but no sizes with them so don't know what to get.

Next question, if i see a set of junior rims with tyres that are different sizes to what i have, will they fit on the kart ok.

Sorry if the question are dumb, but as i say i am new to all this karting.
I am sure that i will be back with a lot more questions in the future.

Thankyou

Tony
Old 2 May 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2192425)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello - I think those Bambinos have tyres that are smaller than cadet tyres, but you probably could shoe horn them on. Heres what the ABKC regs say for cadet sizes.
SLICKS: Dunlop SL1 Front 10 x 4.5 x 5, Rear 11 x 7.1 x 5.
WETS: Dunlop KT3 Front 10 x 3.6 x 5, Rear 11 x 6.0 x 5

If you were in the UK I would say give Jonathon at Zoom karts a call as he is super helpful, but you may have more joy with a German supplier given your location. However I am sure Zoom would ship to you.

I think you could stick cadet wheels and tyres on - however I dont think a Bambino chassis would be homologated for Cadet racing - altho I think the Comer engines are similar, just yours is mroe restricted.

Hope that helps and welcome
Old 2 May 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2192551)   #3
TNSL
Rookie

England
Freiburg, South Germany
TNSL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info

I will pop down to the local track, and have a chat with the guy there, last time i spoke with him he seemed very helpful and said if we need any spare parts or tyres he has a garage full of them, he also said that as my boy is new to karting or will be new to it, that he could use 2nd hand tyres just to run about on and only to worry about new ones as and when he decides he would like to race or be competitive.

Thanks

Tony