Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 17 Jun 2021, 04:53 (Ref:4056764)   #5526
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
How come Montoya wasn't called up? Clashing commitments?
Old 17 Jun 2021, 06:02 (Ref:4056768)   #5527
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Too old, fat and slow?
Old 17 Jun 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4056784)   #5528
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Another ex-Haas driver in Indycars! Best of luck to Kevin
Old 17 Jun 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4056829)   #5529
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Who is the 3rd? Cody Ware is in an additional car, not replacing RG, right?
okay, you are correct I guess I just got a little bit excited with three new drivers in the field!
Old 18 Jun 2021, 22:18 (Ref:4057068)   #5530
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sweet, we have a new entry for Road America. Checks my notes, oh it's the 52 for Cody Ware.

https://racer.com/2021/06/15/ware-to...-road-america/

Well I guess Kellett and Jimmie will have someone they HAVE to stay ahead of. Yeah, I say that in jest about them but not so much about Cody

Ware was actually .2 quicker than Magnussen and Kellett in the first practice. He did have the benefit of lapping RA in the rookie test session a couple of weeks ago vs. Magnussen's first session in an Indycar.
Old 18 Jun 2021, 22:26 (Ref:4057070)   #5531
mstets
Racer

Rinus was interviewed about the bike crash. He was apparently riding a road bike on a paved path and mentioned "we" so must have been riding with a friend or group. He didn't explain exactly what happened but the result was going over the bars and landing on his shoulder. X ray of the repair shows a long plate with about 7 screws in it. He is expecting to race at Mid Ohio.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 20:41 (Ref:4057684)   #5532
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IndyCar won't replace Toronto, even though doubleheaders at Mid-Ohio and World Wide Technologies Raceway were considered.

https://racer.com/2021/06/21/indycar...-toronto-race/
Old 22 Jun 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4057750)   #5533
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't see why they should, 16 is enough races.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4057785)   #5534
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some Indy related news

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ng/5305013001/
Old 22 Jun 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4057787)   #5535
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

Not with such a long off season.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 04:58 (Ref:4057819)   #5536
mstets
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think they should have given Green Savoree another race, simply because they have lost Toronto twice and Portland once, not to mention the cost of setting up for St. Pete twice last year. Perhaps they were offered the option of a two race weekend at Mid Ohio and turned it down. I have no idea, but they seem to have suffered a lot in the past two seasons.

I really like the double header weekends. They seldom have played out to be repeat performances, but it's fun to think about whatever factors came into play during race one when watching race two.
Old 26 Jun 2021, 06:22 (Ref:4058246)   #5537
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I like the double headers as well. It's interesting how the second race is almost always filled with more aggression and carnage than the first. Not sure if its fatigue or letting loose because they dont have to save the car for the next day like in the first races. And more races is always better imo.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4058645)   #5538
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I understand the need for doubleheaders, but I don't really like them for professional series like IndyCar. I prefer each weekend to have a single winner.

I don't mind double or triple headers at junior series, since they need as much track time as possible.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4058824)   #5539
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Looks like there will be driver changes at Andretti Autosport.

https://racer.com/2021/06/28/andrett...ahead-of-2022/
Old 29 Jun 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4058841)   #5540
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Looks like there will be driver changes at Andretti Autosport.

https://racer.com/2021/06/28/andrett...ahead-of-2022/
I was wondering how much longer RHR can keep his seat. Also not sure if they stay with 4 cars next season. I guess if some of the younger guys they are evaluating bring money that is a much easier choice.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4058844)   #5541
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was wondering how much longer RHR can keep his seat. Also not sure if they stay with 4 cars next season. I guess if some of the younger guys they are evaluating bring money that is a much easier choice.

RH-R is 40 and is no spring chicken, then again Scott Dixon is also 40. RH-R's last win was at Sonoma in 2018 and he finished 4th that year in the driver's championship. Things have been a bit lean since then. His best finish was third at Mid-Ohio last year.

Andretti says ''the goal is to stay at four cars'', and mentions there are Indy Lights drivers who have the budget for IndyCar.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4058880)   #5542
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
RH-R is 40 and is no spring chicken, then again Scott Dixon is also 40. RH-R's last win was at Sonoma in 2018 and he finished 4th that year in the driver's championship. Things have been a bit lean since then. His best finish was third at Mid-Ohio last year.

Andretti says ''the goal is to stay at four cars'', and mentions there are Indy Lights drivers who have the budget for IndyCar.
Do you think they will be replacing Hinch as well?

Herta is doing well, and Rossi is not having his best season. In a few races this year the Shank cars have actually outperformed Andretti (who is their technical partner). I was just trying to think if there were some teamwide issues on the performance side of things playing a role here, or if it is driver related.

My best guess is that there are simply too many good drivers out there and it is hard to get a decent result in Indycar this year!
Old 29 Jun 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4058900)   #5543
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Herta is doing well, and Rossi is not having his best season. In a few races this year the Shank cars have actually outperformed Andretti (who is their technical partner). I was just trying to think if there were some teamwide issues on the performance side of things playing a role here, or if it is driver related.

My best guess is that there are simply too many good drivers out there and it is hard to get a decent result in Indycar this year!
Hinch is done unless Honda fully funds the car plus enough to cover Herta to 100%. His results aren't making them enough.

RHR is done unless DHL renews fully again and it seemed they were hesitant to continue last off season and we haven't heard a renewal yet.

Rossi is kinda stuck because he can't really move up without other pieces falling his way, Pagenaud or Power getting fired or Dixon retiring. Would you risk a lateral, this season at least, move to MSR? And could they get enough to keep him on board?

I'm amazed Herta can't bring enough in for a full season single sponsor and it's been rumored the other partners are filling that car's budget. Possibly from those in the paddock with an axe to grind against him but stranger things have happened and he couldn't get the Steinbrenner run team funded.

It will be interesting to see who wins the RTI money, think one guy is heavily funded and near the top but the others are like Askew and need the RTI bump to get in the field. 1 funded seat for maybe 3 guys and they better hope they can run a Honda if Andretti can snag some extra money
Old 29 Jun 2021, 20:43 (Ref:4058919)   #5544
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

I really don't know. He was driving for them part time last year and and now has a full time ride with one of the partner teams, Andretti Steinbrenner Autosport. He brings in money, hence the full time ride but he hasn't delivered the goods. He's currently 20th in the drive's championship, with his best result 14th in Detroit Race 2.

Andretti Autosport have a bit of dilemma on their hands regarding Hinch, He can win races, which he's not but he also brings in the money. Michael Andretti mentioned in the Racer article bringing in drivers from Indy Lights, who have the budget but they are an unknown quantity as far as racing In IndyCar itself is concerned. Therefore on that basis I would be inclined to keep Hinch on but for one more season. Whatever decision they make will have to be made in conjunction with Andretti Steinbrenner Autosport.

I think the problem Andretti Autosport has is twofold. Firstly, there is a fourth team now in the mix, namely AMSP, or SPAM as I like to call them, so there is more competition on the track, when before it was usually a three-way battle with Andretti Autosport, Ganassi and Penske. Secondly, with the partner teams Andretti Autosport support, and there are three of them, I get the feeling they are spreading themselves too thin and are not able to concentrate on themselves.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4058924)   #5545
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Firstly, there is a fourth team now in the mix, namely AMSP, or SPAM as I like to call them, so there is more competition on the track, when before it was usually a three-way battle with Andretti Autosport, Ganassi and Penske. Secondly, with the partner teams Andretti Autosport support, and there are three of them, I get the feeling they are spreading themselves too thin and are not able to concentrate on themselves.
I never understood why they got so angry at RM for calling them SPAM in a loving manner. I don't think any of us called them that in a demeaning manner, but rather as a term of fun and endearment. But I'm guessing Arrow marketing people may not have liked being bumped from the front.

And think you're on to something with the Andretti tech partners. While Penske has their own, they know how to keep their own house in order first and then supply the others. Think Andretti tried to spread the research costs across too many teams and can't quite keep up.

How much of the budget does Hinch bring? He better bring a lot more than the rumored partial season Honda of Canada was willing to pony up when he was let go to keep his seat.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4058930)   #5546
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I never understood why they got so angry at RM for calling them SPAM in a loving manner. I don't think any of us called them that in a demeaning manner, but rather as a term of fun and endearment. But I'm guessing Arrow marketing people may not have liked being bumped from the front.

And think you're on to something with the Andretti tech partners. While Penske has their own, they know how to keep their own house in order first and then supply the others. Think Andretti tried to spread the research costs across too many teams and can't quite keep up.

How much of the budget does Hinch bring? He better bring a lot more than the rumored partial season Honda of Canada was willing to pony up when he was let go to keep his seat.

Considering Hinch went from 6 races last year, to a full-time ride this year, suggests Honda of Canada are willing to pony up, or he has another revenue source, or that Steinbrenner has deep pockets. Steinbrenner's family own the Yankees, so he won't be short of a buck or two.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4059071)   #5547
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Considering Hinch went from 6 races last year, to a full-time ride this year, suggests Honda of Canada are willing to pony up, or he has another revenue source, or that Steinbrenner has deep pockets. Steinbrenner's family own the Yankees, so he won't be short of a buck or two.
The Steinbrenners are MASSIVELY cutting player and personnel payrolls this year with the Yankees, they are losing money fast. And they didn't pony up anything for Herta previously, doubt any money is coming in from the family at all. Given the statements from Hal (dad to GMS IV) prior to his death the racing is George Michael's thing not the family.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4059077)   #5548
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
The Steinbrenners are MASSIVELY cutting player and personnel payrolls this year with the Yankees, they are losing money fast. And they didn't pony up anything for Herta previously, doubt any money is coming in from the family at all. Given the statements from Hal (dad to GMS IV) prior to his death the racing is George Michael's thing not the family.

I always understood the IndyCar venture was GMS IV's and his alone. I thought maybe the family had given him some assistance.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4059171)   #5549
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I missed this story before, but we will have a first time Indycar driver at Mid-Ohio this weekend. Ryan Norman has done Indy Lights in the past but has been in TCR recently.

https://www.indycar.com/news/2021/06/06-24-norman-coyne
Old 1 Jul 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4059184)   #5550
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Ryan Norman has a better CV than Dalton Kellett.

BTW, Gabby Chaves will replace him at this weekend's IMSA TCR race.