Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Mar 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3716069)   #376
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read that the announcement of the full WRX teams and drivers is today. As you say, I doubt that we will see a change from the 18 permanents we already have. Happy to be proved wrong though!
Old 3 Mar 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3716088)   #377
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a reveal! All the announced cars revealed by IMG ...

https://twitter.com/FIAWorldRX/statu...26761236070400
Old 3 Mar 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3716093)   #378
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
What a reveal! All the announced cars revealed by IMG ...

https://twitter.com/FIAWorldRX/statu...26761236070400
They should have checked the spelling of Dubourg's name before posting!

No big surprises, but at least we have official confirmation of the return of Block and Bakkerud.

DA Racing - Peugeot 208 - Jean-Baptiste Dubourg (World RX)
EKS - Audi S1 - Mattias Ekstrom (World RX)
EKS - Audi S1 - Toomas Heikkinen (World RX)
EKS - Audi S1 - Reinis Nitiss (World RX)
GRX - Ford Fiesta - Niclas Gronholm (World RX)
Hoonigan Racing Division - Ford Focus RSRX - Andreas Bakkerud (World RX)
Hoonigan Racing Division - Ford Focus RSRX - Ken Block (World RX)
MJP Racing - Ford Fiesta - Timo Scheider (World RX except UK)
MJP Racing - Ford Fiesta - Kevin Eriksson (World RX)
Peugeot-Hansen - Peugeot 208 - Sebastien Loeb (World RX)
Peugeot-Hansen - Peugeot 208 - Timmy Hansen (World RX)
Peugeot-Hansen - Peugeot 208 - Kevin Hansen (World RX)
PSRX/VW Sweden - Volkswagen Polo - Petter Solberg (World RX)
PSRX/VW Sweden - Volkswagen Polo - Johan Kristoffersson (World RX)
RX Team Hungary - Kia Rio - Lukacs "Csucsu" Kornel (World RX)
STARD World RX Team - Ford Fiesta - Timur Timerzyanov (World RX)
STARD World RX Team - Ford Fiesta - Janis Baumanis (World RX)
? - Volkswagen Polo - Guy Wilks (World RX)

Albatec Racing - Peugeot 208 - Jere Kalliokoski (Euro RX)
Albatec Racing - Peugeot 208 - Tommy Rustad (Euro RX)
DA Racing - Citroen DS3 - Andrea Dubourg (Euro RX)
Hedström Motorsport - Volkswagen Polo - Peter Hedström (Euro RX)
Hedström Motorsport - Volkswagen Polo - Alexander Hvaal (Euro RX)
Hedström Motorsport - Ford Fiesta - Joachim Hvaal (Euro RX)
JC Raceteknik - Ford Fiesta - Thomas Bryntesson (Euro RX)
JC Raceteknik - Ford Fiesta - Ola Froshaug (Euro RX)
Kristoffersen Motorsport - Citroen DS3 - Tore Kristoffersen (Euro RX)
Marklund Motorsport - Volkswagen Polo - Magda Andersson (Euro RX)
Marklund Motorsport - Volkswagen Polo - Anton Marklund (Euro RX)
RX Racing - Ford Fiesta - Ollie O'Donovan (Euro RX & Select World RX)
Team Knapick - Citroen DS3 - Jerome Grosset-Janin (Euro RX)

DA Racing - Peugeot 208 - Gregoire Demoustier (Select World RX)
Fors Performance - Renault Clio - Guerlain Chicherit (Select World RX)
MJP Racing - Ford Fiesta - Andrew Jordan (UK only)
RX Team Hungary - Kia Rio - Gigi Galli (Select World RX)[/QUOTE]
Old 3 Mar 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3716188)   #379
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WRX is disappointing, hope ERX is better
Old 3 Mar 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3716202)   #380
JanD
Rookie

JanD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interview with Reinis Nitiss about pre season - google translate and little corrections from Latvian site http://sportacentrs.com/motoru_sport..._pretendeja_pi

After less than a month, the end of March in Spain will take place in the FIA ​​World Rallycross championship in the new season of the first stage, in which the start of the current championship "EKS", composed for the first time will pass Reinis Nitišs of Latvian. This year the team will compete for the first time with the "Audi" factory direct support, but Nitišs already begun active preparations for the season, both practicing driving, both in physical terms.

While on the accession of Janis Baumanis Manfred Stol's "STRADT" team rumors were circulating for several weeks, Nitišs announcement came suddenly. In an interview broadcast "ZeKurbulis" racing driver recognizes that the 2016 world champion Mattias Ekström has called him unexpectedly and as early as next week, the two sides agreed on joint cooperation in the upcoming season.

"Everything happened in a single day," says Reinis Nitišs. "My plan was to buy Peter Solberg car and drive with my own team. Already wanted to go and do so, but in one afternoon, I was at school, Mattias Ekström called. He said: "Hi, you're already entered into a contract?" I said that I know where we want to go and what will be, but everything always can very quickly change. So it happened, mutually agreed that I have a week of time, during which I have to provide a definitive answer. We told what are our options and requirements, they said the same thing. it was a Thursday, but as early as next Tuesday called from the team the main man and said that if we can to ensure that we negotiated, then we go. You can not imagine how many different thoughts at that point ran through my head. I was thinking for future how everything will happen, it was three days before signing a contract with Peter and tell him that his machine I will not buy. we made his little meeting, and everything solved. There are no things that can not be resolved. "

Hence Nitišs this year in all races will be racing at the "Audi" factory prepared for the machine power, the track will serve 2016 Champion "EKS". Last year Nitišs drove in two different teams, but the fight for victories seemed too far, as well as future - uncertain. Now Nitišs passed quite a contest and is in the best team.

"Now I have a winning team," he says. "Funny happened, but I guess to say that from the very, very bottom, I ascended the very top. This leads to believe that we are doing the right thing and moving in the right direction." Reinis gueses that possibly demand for the third car came from factory. At the beginning hope did not seem great, because we had five riders in a bid for this place - there were two of the world's rallycross Championship, but three more - "Audi" factory suggested pilots. Ekström wants to lead a full season in the DTM race , so Heikinenu, who is a new driver, we are likely to spend more time together, and the third pilot may have been necessary for him to be a company. I would like to know why the team chose me and also will try to ask them. "

Less than a week Nitišs already spent "EKS" team training camp in Sweden, where spent fitness test just made many driving tests with both street and rally cars. The Athlete acknowledges that, although not being driven by Rallycross car, have been able to learn a lot.

"Sweden have played a one-week test camp, where the team welcomed me as a friend instead of rookies, marginalized," says Reinis. "At first it seemed that give the machine and simply will driv, because it seemed that both the street machine can learn driving on the frozen lake, but it turned out that you can learn, and learn even be very much. Lika perform tasks that went with wet backs. Internally was the feeling that made everything so I would be the fastest. we drove with the S2000 rally car and, entering it, really understood that what we taught driving a street car, come in handy. there were so-called slalom, where a single gas dismissal learn the machine weight to the other side and leave in good rhythm, it was retrospectively elbows, a total of three different tracks. One was very fast, another is carried out by the second, third gear. Do was what. It is four days drove more kilometers than ever in such a short period of time. at the moment I have already traveled so much as in other years half season time and know the plan, what we have in front - I will get alot driving. There are quite a lot of things off as yet may have been run. "
Nitišs hopes that he will have equal opportunities to fight for victories with teammates Ekström and Thomas Heikinenu: "Once a week I spent with the team, I realized that" Audi "factory do not care who wins - whether it's me, Thomas or Matthias. Belief and I hope that all of us will have the same equipment, cars. Otherwise, it may be the season in the second paragraph, then you can start watching, which go better, who worse, who drives the team championship, but everything is already dependent on my own - if I will be able to prove themselves first race I hope that they do not come to mind to offer me something worse. I am currently a full-time employee and try to do everything to show itself at its best and can achieve the highest score. My coach Kevin Stupeli has done a good job and I can say that I am in the form of he has kept in my upper level. both the look and feel good. last season at the end of a small pauzīte, but in January again started to run more. the same physical tests as in January make Latvian, just have played in Sweden, and really see my growth. This again is a good reference point, by the way I see that I go in the right direction. "

In order to better prepare for the season start, now Nitišs have hands full of work: "Immediately again going back to Sweden, the plan is tight, there will be a lot of driving training, including physical training and also have homework to be submitted by the team. Are doing is enough from early morning until late at night . At the new rallycross car steering wheel for the first time will sit already next week. Until the beginning of the championship is less than a month, so have to start to take action. "
Old 5 Mar 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3716653)   #381
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there any DTM / WorldRX date clashes this year? I think EKS will be strong but Nitiss will need to prove himself.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 5 Mar 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3716655)   #382
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
It looks like the only clash is Holjes and Norisring. Surely he will go to Sweden! There are lots of dates that are only a week away but presumably he will just jump on a plane!
Old 6 Mar 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3716872)   #383
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Official ERX entries out on the fia WRX site. Supercar looks very strong. Super1600 is decent and hopefully we will see 30 at most events. Touring car is a real let down and is annoying that it is at Lydden. Good to see Volders and Enerberg in that category though. But desperately needs about 10 more entrants.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3716874)   #384
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Touring car is a real let down and is annoying that it is at Lydden. Good to see Volders and Enerberg in that category though. But desperately needs about 10 more entrants.
Agreed - not great. Also with the Lites entry being pretty weak then the Lydden lineup is looking quite poor. No ERX, No S1600. Lydden gets the weakest support classes for the WRX - going out with a whimper?
Old 6 Mar 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3716878)   #385
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Sad isn't it. Especially when Barcelona gets probably about 70 cars there!

But the positive news is how well ERX is doing despite limited coverage it gets. Would love to see another 2 rounds at least but 6 or 7 years ago we'd have been rather excited about 29 permanent supercar drivers in supercars! Maybe the limited number of rounds helps them to commit to the whole Championship...
Old 6 Mar 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3716885)   #386
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Sad isn't it. Especially when Barcelona gets probably about 70 cars there!

But the positive news is how well ERX is doing despite limited coverage it gets. Would love to see another 2 rounds at least but 6 or 7 years ago we'd have been rather excited about 29 permanent supercar drivers in supercars! Maybe the limited number of rounds helps them to commit to the whole Championship...
I don't think the limited coverage matters to the ERX teams. They deserve more coverage for sure though.

29 permanent drivers 6 or 7 years ago? Don't want to be rude but that is not true. Maybe at the rounds there could be so many due to local drivers or others living close. There are more permanent drivers now then back then actually.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3716888)   #387
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
I meant that 6 or 7 years ago we didn't have that many permanent drivers, hence "would have been excited" by such a number. Now we, theoretically, have 18 + 29 permanent supercar drivers. Which is very positive in one respect. It's just the numbers of rounds that needs to be fixed now and maybe amalgamating the s1600 and Touring Car classes.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3716925)   #388
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a lot of fixing needs to be done.

WRX is a misnomer, it will NEVER be a world championship. They can call it that if they like but we all know it's rubbish. They are simply waiting for GRC to die.

So, go back to ERX, let the prima-donna's play with the real drivers again, have 3 support series and make the damn thing a proper show. Instead of the half hearted nonsense we get now. Back yourself and stop treating loyal fans like beggars at the bowl, charging more for less.

Instead of restricting this, limiting that, fewer entries here, more there.

If there was an explanation of why these idiots do it it would be better?

They will ***** about paddock space, so go somewhere bigger for Gods sake, it didnt stop you leaving countless spritual homes that got decent crowds before, osr do you crave hosting fees that much you dont care?, or is Portugal so vital as a pre season holiday resort you have to go there.

I would have more respect for these IMG idiots if they made sensible decisions, gave fans what they want everywhere and took heed of history and the sports future. They get a lot of things right, but some of their decisions are so wide of the mark it's a wonder the damn thing hasn't imploded.

They got lucky, F1 is dire, and most other motorsport is struggling, Rallycross has been like this for years, they just got lucky and spent a few million on PR. That is not necessarily the route to success.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 08:09 (Ref:3716987)   #389
GirtsRX
Rookie

Latvia
Latvia
GirtsRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
There is a lot of fixing needs to be done.

WRX is a misnomer, it will NEVER be a world championship. They can call it that if they like but we all know it's rubbish. They are simply waiting for GRC to die.

So, go back to ERX, let the prima-donna's play with the real drivers again, have 3 support series and make the damn thing a proper show. Instead of the half hearted nonsense we get now. Back yourself and stop treating loyal fans like beggars at the bowl, charging more for less.

Instead of restricting this, limiting that, fewer entries here, more there.

If there was an explanation of why these idiots do it it would be better?

They will ***** about paddock space, so go somewhere bigger for Gods sake, it didnt stop you leaving countless spritual homes that got decent crowds before, osr do you crave hosting fees that much you dont care?, or is Portugal so vital as a pre season holiday resort you have to go there.

I would have more respect for these IMG idiots if they made sensible decisions, gave fans what they want everywhere and took heed of history and the sports future. They get a lot of things right, but some of their decisions are so wide of the mark it's a wonder the damn thing hasn't imploded.

They got lucky, F1 is dire, and most other motorsport is struggling, Rallycross has been like this for years, they just got lucky and spent a few million on PR. That is not necessarily the route to success.
Ture! The main point is that employers of IMG are old Rallycross journalists- Tim Whittington, Henk Winter (aka Scooter) and Rafoss. They should remember what is Rallycross. But it seems that they has forgotten...today money is money, even black money... quo vadis RX?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3717001)   #390
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is no doubt that IMG have done some good things. They have used social media well, but have not pushed it anymore, they have attracted known drivers, and also managed to capitalise on the struggling WRC, but that is starting to get a boost again with its new rules and cars.

They have capitalised on the relatively stale world of motorsport, and pushed WRX into a new place, people know about it now and that's a good thing. Good business.

But for me, they jumped far too quickly into pushing for a world championship, It is not one, and is only one because it ticks a few boxes like Canada and Argentina, That is NOT the world! They don't go to Asia, South America, Africa, Australasia or the Eastern Bloc areas. They go to Canada and Europe.

If they had simply nurtured what was there, then started jumping out to other places that would surely have been a better and more reasonable idea.

They packaged it, put a sticker on it, and started selling it to anyone who had a local tourism budget, without thinking of the existing fans, the places where it was growing, or the future. Meaning existing venues were priced out of being able to run it and those fans were lost.

You have a great package, it just needs managing a bit better. Why are they restricting entries at so many venues to WRX only, why would you do that? I can only see it being worthwhile for the flyaways like Canada, there is no reason to restrict UK, or any other venue min Europe. It makes no sense. These ERX teams are not struggling money wise. They are all ones that have been around for years in ERC, they have just been priced out of the WRX series.

And then to be given poor relation support formulas aswell is a kick in the face to the country that bought you the damn sport in the first place that you are trying so very hard to re-invent when it does not need re-inventing in the first place!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 19:01 (Ref:3717101)   #391
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Even ERX is well covered on YouTube (as long as it is not restricted), but like said many times: bring back the damn ERX to all European WRX rounds! Maybe ERX contenders can make the step up than, we don't need (just) Lites for that!
Old 14 Mar 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3718573)   #392
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
What's new for 2017
http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...w-for-world-rx

The good things are introduction of the CCTV or ‘Mobile Video Race Control’ to assist the stewards, an increase in allowed entries for ERX to 30 instead of last years 25 and a reserve list if the entries are full and someone withdraws.

A new penalty system for unsportsmanlike behaviour during a competition has been introduced as well. Very sceptical about it myself.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3718577)   #393
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
ERX is only covered on youtube by IMG supplied uploaders.

SO, obviously I do not use them! lol
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3718606)   #394
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
ERX is only covered on youtube by IMG supplied uploaders.

SO, obviously I do not use them! lol

Shame, as it is pretty nice, but not as good as one of those "true" live TV events I watched last year (which was uploaded by someone).
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3718614)   #395
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Hope contact and door handling isn't viewed as unsportsmanlike

Old 14 Mar 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3718620)   #396
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Will it be in addition to, or in place of, individual heat exclusions? Could this have been brought in following Solberg complaints that the old system starved him of a chance to get to a final and therefore lose the Championship...
Old 14 Mar 2017, 22:59 (Ref:3718673)   #397
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Will it be in addition to, or in place of, individual heat exclusions? Could this have been brought in following Solberg complaints that the old system starved him of a chance to get to a final and therefore lose the Championship...
In addition - Solberg, Ekstrom, Loeb and Kristofferson were among the drivers who have complained about driving quality in World RX, and things needed to change. Certain drivers continuously push limits (and cars) too far and they need to be punished properly.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3718675)   #398
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Also does it include off track antics?

Old 14 Mar 2017, 23:10 (Ref:3718677)   #399
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
In addition - Solberg, Ekstrom, Loeb and Kristofferson were among the drivers who have complained about driving quality in World RX, and things needed to change. Certain drivers continuously push limits (and cars) too far and they need to be punished properly.
That seems a bit rich coming from some of those guys who also enjoy getting their elbows out. I hope that it doesn't detract from the spectacle. As said above, door handling is good and makes it interesting. Clearly punting people off is wrong and should be punished
Old 15 Mar 2017, 06:43 (Ref:3718707)   #400
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post

So basically all guys without ERC history...