Closed Thread

Old 4 Nov 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1145110)   #1
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coulthard places advertisement

Anybody seen Coulthards ad in this months Sniff Petrol? he must be getting desperate
Old 4 Nov 2004, 21:57 (Ref:1145129)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
No, please explain
Old 4 Nov 2004, 22:20 (Ref:1145153)   #3
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.sniffpetrol.com/index.html

Click on this and scroll to the bottom.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 22:59 (Ref:1145188)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love that site. Classic stuff.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 04:36 (Ref:1145281)   #5
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wha happen?
It's not there now
Old 5 Nov 2004, 07:50 (Ref:1145328)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes it is.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 09:40 (Ref:1145392)   #7
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the benefits: "Unlikely to need a bigger trophy cabinet at the factory"

Ho ho.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 09:46 (Ref:1145399)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That site's consistently about as funny as botulism.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1145421)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What? I was crying laughing at some of the stuff! Even the name Dave Coulthard is funny.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 10:40 (Ref:1145431)   #10
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah got it now.One of the problems of having an allmost dead dial up line at times

Classic site that!
Old 5 Nov 2004, 11:42 (Ref:1145462)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'm surprised they don't get prosecuted!
Old 5 Nov 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1145470)   #12
Glen
Veteran

The easily upset TFCF fans should NOT read the JV (or JFV as the call him, only without the abbreviation) stuff from a couple of issues back.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1145539)   #13
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I particularly liked the bit about Button going to Williams in issue 53. Although I have to take issue witht he assertion that Louise is as fit as Connie Montoya.

She's very nice and all that but cummon! Let's get real
Old 5 Nov 2004, 14:20 (Ref:1145558)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes... hilarious...
Guess there are alot of people with iq's the size of a peanut that actually enjoy this...

Oh, err...
Sorry Woolley!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 5 Nov 2004 at 14:21.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1145843)   #15
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

quality
Old 5 Nov 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1145883)   #16
npperk
Rookie

npperk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NICE!!!
Old 6 Nov 2004, 10:06 (Ref:1146012)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Yes... hilarious...
Guess there are alot of people with iq's the size of a peanut that actually enjoy this...
I quite like sniffpetrol, when taken in the correct context.

I did, however, find the DC ad quite weak for them. The commemorative plate a year years ago was better.
Old 6 Nov 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1146030)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The moped issue was the best for me. But I like the DC ad.

And at least this thread hasn't got any mention of JV in i............ DOH!
Old 6 Nov 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1146109)   #19
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seem's we have 2 threads making fun of Davids racing prowess going at the same time.

Kind of a shame to see it come down to this, for a solid, hard working, all around decent guy like DC, who has been nothing but good for the sport.

Danica Patrick
Old 6 Nov 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1146144)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
..and your post has just bought to the top of the pile. Still we seem to be discussing sniffpetrol more generally now. An indication that the original DC part was not that a) interesting b) bad. Still, as I say, it is good that you brought back to the top
Old 6 Nov 2004, 16:59 (Ref:1146147)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since the ad is a spoof, was the thread DC or Sniff Petrol?

Don't know now I think about it.

To be honest, when DC was being a hyped up young thing I had an (entertaining) heated debate, my point being that he'd never make champion and was merely a decent 2nd driver. I suggest that I got it right?

Last edited by Woolley; 6 Nov 2004 at 16:59.
Old 6 Nov 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1146161)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Wooley.

I said very much the same thing. He had a chance in '98 and '99 but that was it.
Old 6 Nov 2004, 23:53 (Ref:1146415)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah sniff petrol, great site that is! Has a forum now as well I believe! (Maybe i shouldn't say that?)

As a side note, people.......please, lighten up a bit. The off season will be long enough without this kind of petulant whining. The article is intended as a joke and, whilst not sniff petrols best effort, is amusing.

Perhaps if we react like this, it'll be better for DC to be out of a drive and then Sniff Petrol won't write about him in such an "offensive" manner!
Old 7 Nov 2004, 00:22 (Ref:1146424)   #24
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's funny 'cause it's true.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 01:56 (Ref:1146454)   #25
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone has a right to their own opinion until it disagrees with mine...

If you put yourself in the public arena you put yourself open to criticism. I'm sure DC can handle it.
Closed Thread