Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Mar 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3721865)   #2026
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
I have seen a side of Shane Van Gisbergan that proves he is an arrogant stuck up turd. A fellow Iracer I know of in Mitch McLeod has raced against SVG numerous times and has been intentionally taken out time after time but the supposed alien driver. Van Gisbergan is nothing but a sore loser, I once supported him. I wont put a link to it here incase it is against copyright or something but look up Mitchell McLeod on youtube, very clean racer at that too
Old 27 Mar 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3721869)   #2027
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have seen a side of Shane Van Gisbergan that proves he is an arrogant stuck up turd. A fellow Iracer I know of in Mitch McLeod has raced against SVG numerous times and has been intentionally taken out time after time but the supposed alien driver. Van Gisbergan is nothing but a sore loser, I once supported him. I wont put a link to it here incase it is against copyright or something but look up Mitchell McLeod on youtube, very clean racer at that too
I note that you haven't answered questions about your post yesterday in the 2018 silly season thread. After seeing this post by you I now think it is only your opinion about SVG that is behind that comment rather than any tangible "fact". I'm willing to bet he is pretty bankable for a team trying to attract sponsors. I've only met him once but he seemed pretty fan friendly to me.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3721941)   #2028
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BJR are a model team, they'll be fine
Old 27 Mar 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3721992)   #2029
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Enter Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Mar 2017, 01:16 (Ref:3722010)   #2030
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Cool story.

Could've used a unicorn or similar, though.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 01:39 (Ref:3722014)   #2031
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im willing to bet everyone on iRacing has speared someone else off at one stage or another, including you
Old 28 Mar 2017, 01:53 (Ref:3722017)   #2032
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just watched the video and it looks like this guy turned SVG at Monza. Similar to what Shane did to David Reynolds. He was hung for that and someone does it to him and its still his fault.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 05:38 (Ref:3722055)   #2033
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi20 View Post
I just watched the video and it looks like this guy turned SVG at Monza. Similar to what Shane did to David Reynolds. He was hung for that and someone does it to him and its still his fault.
Well when Shane is moving across you what can he do, he had backed out fully no throttle and Shane was still there
Old 28 Mar 2017, 07:07 (Ref:3722065)   #2034
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Far out. Are people sooking up over a computer game?

My sister used to cheat a Monopoly, but I still get on well with her....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 28 Mar 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3722143)   #2035
UncleMurphy
Rookie

North Korea
UncleMurphy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Me thinks this will be in one of the hotted up "70%" like Holden Commodore SS at Paul Morris' Norwell Complex
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3722290)   #2036
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMurphy View Post
Me thinks this will be in one of the hotted up "70%" like Holden Commodore SS at Paul Morris' Norwell Complex
Presumably so... would still make for a good prize to win..
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3722293)   #2037
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
WildCards At Sprint Rounds Confirmed..

2x Barbagallo Raceway
2x Winton Raceway
2x Hidden Valley
2x Queensland Raceway

8 spots available isn't very many... good to see teams are being sensible about sharing resources (BJR/GRM) too..

Will it make a difference to the racing on the day..
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3722296)   #2038
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
WildCards At Sprint Rounds Confirmed..

2x Barbagallo Raceway
2x Winton Raceway
2x Hidden Valley
2x Queensland Raceway

8 spots available isn't very many... good to see teams are being sensible about sharing resources (BJR/GRM) too..

Will it make a difference to the racing on the day..
reckon you misread that

2x Barbagallo Raceway
4x Winton Raceway
4x Hidden Valley
4x Queensland Raceway

14 spots, 7 drivers times 2 events

Plus 3 enduros with almost no limit
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3722297)   #2039
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
reckon you misread that

2x Barbagallo Raceway
4x Winton Raceway
4x Hidden Valley
4x Queensland Raceway

14 spots, 7 drivers times 2 events

Plus 3 enduros with almost no limit
And none for Newcastle..
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:44 (Ref:3722299)   #2040
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
And none for Newcastle..
Not under the wild card program.

But under supercars rules there is

It does make sense to run the wild card program on the permanent circuits, less risk of damage, less risk of hurting the brand
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:44 (Ref:3722300)   #2041
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Newcastle isn't a Supersprint event though.

Interesting that in the years gone by, wildcards were only eligible for the marquee events (Clipsal, Townsville, Sandown, Bathurst, Gold Coast, Homebush).

They also seem to be very generous with the tyres too.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3722305)   #2042
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Newcastle isn't a Supersprint event though.

Interesting that in the years gone by, wildcards were only eligible for the marquee events (Clipsal, Townsville, Sandown, Bathurst, Gold Coast, Homebush).

They also seem to be very generous with the tyres too.
Wonder what the rules might be about who can drive on the rookie Super2 days?

It is a bit wonky for someone like Mr M.Jones to get rookie days, and tyres & testing having already completed a couple of Enduro Cups..
Old 28 Mar 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3722306)   #2043
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Wonder what the rules might be about who can drive on the rookie Super2 days?

It is a bit wonky for someone like Mr M.Jones to get rookie days, and tyres & testing having already completed a couple of Enduro Cups..
Simona got rookie days?

Rookie is defined in the rules as
Rookie Driver means a Driver entered in his first full year of Competition in the VCS and who has not qualified in more than the VCS Endurance Events and any two (2) Sprint Events in the VCS in any single year. Such eligible Rookie Driver must be registered with Supercars prior to the first Event of the Season.

2.1.3 Words importing a gender include any gender.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 23:29 (Ref:3722308)   #2044
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Simona got rookie days?

Rookie is defined in the rules as
Rookie Driver means a Driver entered in his first full year of Competition in the VCS and who has not qualified in more than the VCS Endurance Events and any two (2) Sprint Events in the VCS in any single year. Such eligible Rookie Driver must be registered with Supercars prior to the first Event of the Season.

2.1.3 Words importing a gender include any gender.
There must be some other version of that for the Super2 Wildcards, Mr Le Brocq will be testing too, and he came 4th at Bathurst last year...!
Old 28 Mar 2017, 23:46 (Ref:3722310)   #2045
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
There must be some other version of that for the Super2 Wildcards, Mr Le Brocq will be testing too, and he came 4th at Bathurst last year...!
both meet that criteria, you can compete in as many enduro events as you can and still be considered a rookie

there are some specific rules around wildcards as well, there was a discussion that certain river missed out because of age somewhere (possibly in this forum)
Old 29 Mar 2017, 01:05 (Ref:3722315)   #2046
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Is it really a competitive issue for someone who isn't full time to get a bit of extra testing and some tyres?

I personally don't see too much of an issue with it, if these guys are going to spend the money for wildcards I'd like to see them able to put their best foot forward.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 01:14 (Ref:3722318)   #2047
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Is it really a competitive issue for someone who isn't full time to get a bit of extra testing and some tyres?

I personally don't see too much of an issue with it, if these guys are going to spend the money for wildcards I'd like to see them able to put their best foot forward.
The issue sits with who can drive the Super2/VASC car on the rookie days. As it sits with the VASC rookie days, like for SdS, Mr Kelly is able to drive a certain number of laps in the car on that rookie day, Is the same deal in place for the new Super2 rookie day?

Can Frosty for example, test drive the #1 Jacobson Super2 Falcon with brand new tyres all day, without restriction?
Old 29 Mar 2017, 01:32 (Ref:3722321)   #2048
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Can Frosty for example, test drive the #1 Jacobson Super2 Falcon with brand new tyres all day, without restriction?
I'm not backed by facts here but I would presume that during a rookie day a main driver is effectively under "shakedown" type rules.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 03:24 (Ref:3722331)   #2049
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
if these guys are going to spend the money for wildcards
And it isn't going to be cheap.
Old 30 Mar 2017, 03:33 (Ref:3722539)   #2050
Mixer
Veteran

http://www.supercars.com/news/champi.../?sf66705122=1

Simona pretty honest and I think quite self-critical.

My view is that given how guys with a lot of sedan/GT experience have struggled, she is doing pretty well so far - especially in relation to the other Nissans.