Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Sep 2006, 02:30 (Ref:1710657)   #1
fullSPEED
Rookie

fullSPEED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sylvania 300

On Sunday, the NASCAR Nextel Cup moves to New Hampshiore International Raceway for the Sylvania 300. The “Chase for the Nextel Cup” officially starts this weekend. The top 10 drivers have 10 races to determine the 2006 Nextel Cup champion. Three drivers, series points leader Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson and Mark Martin are in their third consecutive "playoff" season. Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. return to the "Chase" after a year's absence to the dismay of their large fan bases. Five drivers will be making their "Chase" debuts. They are Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch, Jeff Burton, Denny Hamlin and Kasey Kahne who put together a magnificent run down the stretch to beat out defending series champion Tony Stewart for the final spot.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 07:36 (Ref:1710713)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given their recent form I think at least the initial phase of the Chase will be a battle between Kevin Harvick and Matt Kenseth.

I hope Tony Stewart can crash the party by picking up a few wins during the final ten though
Old 15 Sep 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1711280)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Absolutely.

It will be fought exclusively between Harvick and Kenseth almost certainly.

I hope Dale can get in the mix too, but I fear this will not happen. But hey, ten races, anything can happen!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 02:41 (Ref:1711543)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dale Junior Nextel Cup Champion 06.

Old 16 Sep 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1711660)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Harvick is off to a good start, grabbing the pole for the race on Sunday.

Here's how the Chasers qualified:

1. Kevin Harvick
2. Jeff Gordon
5. Denny Hamlin
7. Jimmie Johnson
13. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
16. Kyle Busch
22. Jeff Burton
25. Matt Kenseth
26. Mark Martin
33. Kasey Kahne
Old 16 Sep 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1711767)   #6
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Hamlin and Kahne are going to be factors in the hunt before it is all over. If things "click" for them they seem to be willing to let it all hang out.

My favorite though would be Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1712497)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First blood to Harvick!

Bizarre accident at the end there....
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1712503)   #8
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job to Harvick. I'm afraid that Johnson's and Busch's championship hopes are pretty well gone. They have quite a hole to dig out of already and they are going to have to run perfect while everyone ahead of them has bad luck to be able to win it and I think there are a few up towards the front like Harvick and Kenseth who aren't going to have bad luck.

J.D.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:54 (Ref:1712548)   #9
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damnit, I need to buy some Peanut Butter cups!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1712553)   #10
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Damnit, I need to buy some Peanut Butter cups!
Yeah, harvick needs the money.

I am moving to North Carolina in about 8 weeks and the house we are buying is in the general area of the house that harvick is having built. I took a few photos of harvick's house a couple months ago....wow, talk about big.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1712829)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
I promised myself that if he won in the Reese's livery I would by Cups...

It's just an excuse to eat peanut butter cups...mmmm...soo tasttyyy.....

And good luck with North Carolina, my grandparents reside in South Carolina, and i'm not sure how much of an indication it is but...it seems like a nice place.

If Busch still raced at Myrtl Beach Speedway i'd be there in a snap as I belive it's only a short drive from my grandparents. I drove past there once and thought 'thats cool'

Last edited by Hazza; 18 Sep 2006 at 12:08.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1713264)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Hazza, I have been to Myrtle Beach many times.

This is a picture that I took of the house being built by Harvick. I probably took the picture 3 months ago and the house is more than likely finished now.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 01:28 (Ref:1713342)   #13
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a big house. Good thing he's winning races to afford that .
Old 19 Sep 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1713847)   #14
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
First blood to Harvick!

Bizarre accident at the end there....
Looks like Truex thought he would try get the thing over the line rather than keep on the brakes, which would be the smart thing to do...caught Kvapil good

Not a bad race at all

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock