Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2752327)   #1
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi and Liuzzi confirmed for 2011

According to F1sa.com both drivers will stay at their team. I expected this from Kobayashi but Liuzzi is a bit of a surprise. I tought they would go for Di Resta.

Link: http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option...:f1&Itemid=157
Old 30 Aug 2010, 17:31 (Ref:2752328)   #2
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been known for some time that Liuzzi had a firm contract for 2011. I thought they would try and get rid of him too but it might be proving difficult. di Resta could well race for Force India next year if Sutil goes to Renault.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2752424)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Sutil without doubt deserves a top race seat.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 01:40 (Ref:2752531)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would love to see Sutil with a top seat but would be as painful as joyous to see hom move on from FI. Love the little, ok maybe medium compared to Virgin and HRT, team push and make their car better every year.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 02:01 (Ref:2752533)   #5
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sutil without doubt deserves a top race seat.
yes, i agree - i think he's ripe for a better ride next season.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2752566)   #6
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unless Renault find some change down the back of the sofa or Schumacher has a change of heart, I don't see a better seat available.

Williams would be a sideways move, Sauber will always be Sauber, Torro Rosso is a team that nobody wants to own & the GP1.5 teams are still a good few years away from regular points contenders
Old 31 Aug 2010, 07:44 (Ref:2752576)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Anybody think Chandok deserves something better, such as perhaps an STR ride? He's demo-ing a Red Bull at Korea. Of course if Sutil were Renault bound then Force India would be a great fit for him.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2752631)   #8
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I agree with Peter with regards to chandock. However i think Liuzzi has missed his chance if im honest. There being very patient with him

Last edited by Dan Fielden; 31 Aug 2010 at 10:02.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:10 (Ref:2752704)   #9
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Chandok is a nice guy and he deserves another season. Force India or STR, it doesn't matter.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2752717)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I guess Force India would offer the better sponsor options.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2752864)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I guess Force India would offer the better sponsor options.
Not to mention the local boy scenario given the Indian theme of the team. I think he would make a good fit.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 08:42 (Ref:2755530)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi confirmed

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86444

Don't know whether to cheer though as I think he deserves a better seat. Maybe the Sauber will be that seat next year though.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2755686)   #13
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86444

Don't know whether to cheer though as I think he deserves a better seat. Maybe the Sauber will be that seat next year though.
Another year with Sauber is a good choice I think, its quite a stable subtop team that can deliver nice results at some races. I think its better to achive a few of those results then being a number two at, for example, Renault.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2756479)   #14
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Glock and Kovalainen shouldnt be driving in those teams. Its unfair that they drive nearly the same cars as Yamamoto.

Dont forget GP2 graduates like Maldonado and Van der Garde. And Aleshin and Guerrieri could skip that step.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2757822)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WapFlap View Post
Another year with Sauber is a good choice I think, its quite a stable subtop team that can deliver nice results at some races. I think its better to achive a few of those results then being a number two at, for example, Renault.
When interviewed about it on TV today Cowboyashi remained pretty inscrutable.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2757951)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Glock and Kovalainen shouldnt be driving in those teams. Its unfair that they drive nearly the same cars as Yamamoto.
I would expect that Lotus, at least, will make some fairly big steps forward next year - they really should, having already abandoned development of this year's car. If they don't then I don't think Kovalainen will be quite the optimist we're seeing this year.

I'm surprised at Force India wanting to keep Liuzzi - he's been really poor this season, and nowhere near Sutil for most of it. There must be better options.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 12 Sep 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2758109)   #17
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think FI actually want to keep Liuzzi. I think they will do what they can to release him from his contract.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2758193)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dug out a copy of Autosport the other day from 2007 and Mark Hughes wrote an article about how Liuzzi was at least better than the perception of him. It reminded me that since then this karting star has been utterly underwhelming.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2758362)   #19
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trouble is for FI is if they lose Sutil and dump Liuzzi then Di Resta and Chandock would be fairly inexperienced, if not echnically rookies.