Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2644693)   #26
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memo to Bernie: Question 1 on the application form should be "Do you have enough funding in place to complete a F1 season (Y/N), if Y, provide proof, if N, dont bother applying."

Quote:
I'm not sure if Stefan would have the ability to keep on working on cars for 2010 or 2011. I'd like to see someone like Lola, Mygale (partnering with DAMS?), Panoz, Dome (it would be nice to have a Japanese team in F1 now Toyota and Honda are gone) or Prodrive get the nod.
The medium term future for the Renault team suggests that they will be relocated to France and run by a bunch of DAMS people - ex-DAMS execs seem to be slowly drifting into the team plus dissatisfaction with Endstones (crashgate etc) seem to be the driving force.

Quote:
Lola isnt a proper team. Infact, Lola doesnt even have a team. They are a manufactorer only
Quote:
Status did make noises about wanting to do it, IIRC.
Status and Lola are closely linked. You could see an entry with Lola providing the manufacturing and Status the operations. Incidently, Status has some F1 history. Remember Theodore Racing in the 1980s (small team with mainly Irish drivers)? Theodore "Teddy" Yip Jr is one of the owners of Status.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2644739)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
How many grid slots will be available next year? Just 1 or will another team fold/pull out? Sauber look like they need sponsors, the Renault looks like it needs sponsors, all 3 new teams that have made it in will need cash for next year. Could well be more than 1 grid slot available.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2644767)   #28
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am very glad to see Stefan didn't make it on to the grid. It would have been an absolute travesty (and therefore something perfectly capable of the FIA in the past) for them to have talked their way onto the grid despite having their application rejected.

If they had got in you might as well have opened it right up and said ok anyone who's got a legit car can arrive and drive.

A shame for US F1 but I was never that convinced it was going to work out anyway. They just didn't have the right people driving it in my opinion. There was some ability there for sure, but not necessarily for running the whole thing from a blank sheet of paper.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2644783)   #29
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

2011...look for 10-11 teams on the grid.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2644808)   #30
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer View Post
i think i read that Bernie was quoted as saying they were going to investigate the viability of Stefan GP, to make sure they could in fact operate for the sesaon, and make a decision based on this.

I cant remember the quote or where i read it (in the past day or so) so i cant link to it, but it said something along the lines of "we cannot afford them to fall over / fail if they are granted entry"...

so if this is correct, then the FIA have investigated the business structure and model of Stefan GP, and have deemed that it's not up to scratch.

It's a pity, as i would have liked to see the toyota designed f1 cars running, rather than have their efforts see no track time, but it is better than having more sagas of poorly run teams / businesses in f1.
But Bernie bless his cotton jocks isn't the FIA, and for a change the FIA have followed there own rules and regulations.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2644833)   #31
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
How many grid slots will be available next year? Just 1 or will another team fold/pull out? Sauber look like they need sponsors, the Renault looks like it needs sponsors, all 3 new teams that have made it in will need cash for next year. Could well be more than 1 grid slot available.
Its a safe bet that there'll be more than one spot available on the 2011.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2644847)   #32
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's not Lola or Prodrive, I hope it's EE.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2644974)   #33
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Epsilon Euskadi could do a good job, but I would like to see Dome have a go. IIRC the Honda engine is still legal if they want to bring it back ...

EDIT : Panoz Group could have the ability to come back, perhaps they could rebadge the Cossie as a US marque ...
Old 4 Mar 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2644998)   #34
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, I have a feeling that there will be 1-3 grid slots available come 2011. Question marks hang over a few of the old teams and probably the new ones also. Do HRT have the money to do the whole season? Are Sauber short of cash? What will happen to Renault? etc
Old 5 Mar 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2645647)   #35
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
If VW are genuinely interested, it's no constest for me. Let them in.
given the manufacturers habit of dropping the ball and walking away would another manufacturer really be a positive?
Old 5 Mar 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2645721)   #36
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Keep the teams as just that "teams". If manufacturers want to enter as engine suppliers then let them, but keep teams as mostly independant entities.

If a manufacturer does want to enter as a team and engine supplier, make them sign a 10 year retainer or something.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2645739)   #37
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
given the manufacturers habit of dropping the ball and walking away would another manufacturer really be a positive?
At least you've got the guarantee they'll build a car and turn up!
Old 5 Mar 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2645763)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i would think that regardless of any assurances, a manu is more able to stick it out longer than a privateer team.

if even one of the new teams this year is still on the grid with the same name in 5 years i would consider that a small miracle.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2645768)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
I think this is a little unfair. The manufacturers stayed for quite a long time - longer than a lot of teams historically. It took a major economic downturn for them to leave. They weren't being fickle!

Anyway, I love the VW suggestion. New team, cue the VW rumour!
Old 5 Mar 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2645772)   #40
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any chance the FIA will require interviews and presentations of the sponsorship dream for any new teams? Could help both the FIA secure serious teams and the teams with getting serious sponsors on board.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2655842)   #41
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bumpity McBump

Gentlemen, start your PowerPoints! It appears they will be taking more care this time. Perhaps it will be a more traditional outfit that gets in.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2655849)   #42
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the 1000 euro administration fee will make it impossible for Stefan GP to participate in the selection process.

Quote:
...The precise terms of this selection process, together with the applicable selection criteria, deadlines, legal requirements and other conditions, will be communicated to candidates who have registered a formal expression of interest with the FIA’s Secretariat before 5pm CET Thursday 15th April 2010, together with an administration fee of €1,000
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2655875)   #43
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Stefan won't give up on getting a 2010 grid slot...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82250

Another bonehead move methinks Stefan, so you have bought the USF1 entry? Prepare to be saddled with their fines then, and probably no entry either.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2655888)   #44
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
You also can't buy and sell entries per se,. If he buys the USF1 company, technically he would have no claim to an entry (that was voided by not being at the Bahrain GP), but would possibly be liable for all the fines the FIA (should) chuck at them.

I'd like to see Lola or Dome get in, personally. Then again, the latter didn't apply last time.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2655905)   #45
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would Formtech file an application form?
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2655908)   #46
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
They could, I suppose.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2655912)   #47
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With a fee of only $1000 I think Ten Tenths should put together an entry! We'll achieve as much as USF1 at least
Old 19 Mar 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2655937)   #48
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaffer View Post
Would Formtech file an application form?
They did last year IIRC. I think they set up with the guy who had the rights to the Brabham name.

I think that narked the Brabham family, but without checking their website they use the old Arrows/Super Aguri facility so have the infrastructure to build/run an F1 team. In my mind, I'd imagine them tying in with a respected team (such as RML) could be a decent proposition.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2655948)   #49
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
With a fee of only $1000 I think Ten Tenths should put together an entry! We'll achieve as much as USF1 at least
ive got a wiring diagram for a toaster somewhere, can i be your head of electronics?
Old 20 Mar 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2656158)   #50
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
You also can't buy and sell entries per se,. If he buys the USF1 company, technically he would have no claim to an entry (that was voided by not being at the Bahrain GP), but would possibly be liable for all the fines the FIA (should) chuck at them.

I'd like to see Lola or Dome get in, personally. Then again, the latter didn't apply last time.

Rumour has it that Bernie is involved in some unknown capacity here and this situation seems to be shaping up as a (legal) struggle with BE and JT in the middle of it.