Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2657731)   #51
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Epsilon Euskadi to apply again

Very good news, they have one of the best facilities outside F1 and a couple of very experienced ex-F1 hands running the show
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2657748)   #52
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I doubt that Prodrive and NTech will re-apply after last year's debacle.

I wonder what the "criteria" will be this time for entry, "Cosworth-only" again?
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2657752)   #53
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Well we've already got a fair few Cosworths. It'd be nice to see a new engine.

Selby
Old 23 Mar 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2658778)   #54
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who is willing to try entering again?

ProDrive ... possible
USF1 ... yes, but still not likely to make it at this point
Stefan GP ... yes, but from where do they get their cars? Dallara? Toyota?
Epsilon Euskadi ... confirmed
Lola ... possible
N Technology ... maybe but what cars would they run?

Weren't there some rumours that indicated a while ago that Dallara were going to supply another team than HRT for next year?
Old 23 Mar 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2658805)   #55
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think that would be allowed under the new rules/Concorde Agreement. - exactly the same business about why STR had to upgrade Faenza in order to be able to build a car there rather than getting RBT to do them.

They didn't apply last time as far as we know, but I reckon Dome could do a very good job of an F1 project. They've done prototypes and all sorts of single seaters, have great composite facilities and have built an F1 car before (OK, it didn't race, but that was due to engine supplier issues and lack of sponsorship, but now they would be the only F1 team with a significant Japanese flavour).
Old 24 Mar 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2659119)   #56
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
With a fee of only $1000 I think Ten Tenths should put together an entry! We'll achieve as much as USF1 at least
I have a go kart with pram wheels and a 'cockpit' made from an old bathtub somewhere that could start us off.

I'd also be happy to change my surname to help get a sponsor on board to provide funds ... Although I draw the line at changing my name to the name of a tampon type product!

Old 24 Mar 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2659271)   #57
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces View Post
I have a go kart with pram wheels and a 'cockpit' made from an old bathtub somewhere that could start us off.

I'd also be happy to change my surname to help get a sponsor on board to provide funds ... Although I draw the line at changing my name to the name of a tampon type product!

Would you change your name to a brand of HRT patch?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2659285)   #58
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
N. Tech would run their own chassis with Ferrari lumps... no?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2659290)   #59
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They could, although unless Ferrari were to drop one of their current teams they would need the FIA's permission to supply four. IIRC Mercedes needed to do the same to supply Brawn on top of McLaren and Force India, and it wasn't that hard to get.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2659295)   #60
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
They could, although unless Ferrari were to drop one of their current teams they would need the FIA's permission to supply four. IIRC Mercedes needed to do the same to supply Brawn on top of McLaren and Force India, and it wasn't that hard to get.
I'm not sure it is as simple as that didn't they have to get agreement from all the teams as well as the FIA?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2659297)   #61
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
The sporting regulations say just the FIA, but it might be in the Concorde Agreement that the other teams have to agree too.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2668430)   #62
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Durango, who withdrew from GP2 following financial difficulties, want to get in - I hope they're joking.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2668521)   #63
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their previous attempt to enter F1 in '97 didn't work out, so I guess question marks could be placed against their track record. I can't say I have any strong opinions either way on them being given an entry - their record in F3000/GP2 is reasonable, but not exceptional. However, I'm sceptical that given the financial problems recently experienced by the team, that this will get off the ground.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2668522)   #64
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why do you hope they are joking? This year has shown the sort of support needed to move into F1 so you would have to imagine they have a partner lined up to help them should they get a place, (like Proton or Virgin)
Old 8 Apr 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2668898)   #65
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
durango are in big bother in italy for tax evasion - they were busted by the tax police last year and allegedly owe many millions of euros.

mind you, that sort of shenanigans is probably perfect for f1...
Old 8 Apr 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2669017)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
mind you, that sort of shenanigans is probably perfect for f1...
indeed, F1 needs a staple diet of slightly unorthodox applicants otherwise the the sound ones like USF1 don't look good.....

Shame for Pinton's lot they managed 2 3000/GP2 cars for years quite respectably, perhaps not as cleverly as I always thought.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2673058)   #67
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Prodrive say no, to concentrate in WRC (Mini?) programme. I guess this means that EE are the most serious applicant that we know about, bearing in mind today is deadline day for submissions of interest. Then again, if Lola have applied ...

EDIT : Yes, you're right Jab.

Last edited by duke_toaster; 15 Apr 2010 at 10:42.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 10:39 (Ref:2673062)   #68
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Lola have applied. Only EE and Durango have said they've applied
Old 15 Apr 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2673067)   #69
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Yes, you're right. As the deadline is today, I think we'll get knowledge of who will have applied soon.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2673096)   #70
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I don't think Lola have applied. Only EE and Durango have said they've applied
Still pulling for EE. If they get the slot, they can offset the cost of their F1 car development by renting out their facility, occasionally, as the set for scifi movies.

Being serious, though, it looks like they have the infrastructure to build a respectable car, and might even be competitive in a couple of years, if they can find the financing to campaign a long-term effort. I think they'd do F1 proud.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2673127)   #71
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'd be surprised if Lola hadn't applied. I remember quite clearly they said they had no interest in stepping in to the 2010 season as they had already began work on their 2011 F1 car. To me that'd very much suggest they were looking for a 2011 entry

Selby
Old 15 Apr 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2673128)   #72
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
If they're in, I would pick Lola as first choice and Epsilon Euskadi as the reserve, bearing in mind that some teams look a bit shaky (especially Hispania).
Old 15 Apr 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2673140)   #73
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Lola deferred their entry to 2011.

"We have deferred our F1 entry to 2011" explained Lola Group MD Robin Brundle. "We have not given up on our plan just deferred it by a year."

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...ry-until-2011/
Old 15 Apr 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2673141)   #74
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Not really surprised that Prodrive have turned their noses up after they had theirs knocked out of joint in the last selection process.

A shame though.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2673145)   #75
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I'd be surprised if Lola hadn't applied. I remember quite clearly they said they had no interest in stepping in to the 2010 season as they had already began work on their 2011 F1 car. To me that'd very much suggest they were looking for a 2011 entry

Selby
Indeed, I understand it that Lola had got reasonably far down the road with the design of the car and had a chassis and tub in construction, so they're already in a good postion to continue from that point.