Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Aug 2010, 04:26 (Ref:2748764)   #51
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Lewis didn't cheat, but he did gain an unfair advantage, but it's 2 years ago, lets move on!

Yet it is quite acceptable to bring up the perceived wrongs of Schumacher 17 years after they happened!

When is gaining an unfair advantage not cheating?
Old 23 Aug 2010, 04:48 (Ref:2748766)   #52
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Yet it is quite acceptable to bring up the perceived wrongs of Schumacher 17 years after they happened!

When the 'unfair' advantage is gained through technical advantage or excellence in preparation as in Roger Penske's 'unfair advantage' in US racing in various seasons between 1965 and the end of that century.

Whether Mr Hamilton gained an 'unfair' advantage or not depends on your view depends on your view of the situation and whether or not the stewards were correct in their decision.

The fact that the team had approached the race director (Mr Whiting)and had received affirmation that they were OK and that there was no need to allow Mr Raikonnen back past could suggest that they in fact were unfairly penalised.....

Its all water under the bridge now anyway and we all have a personal opinion on it. It doesn't (can't) change anything officially but will always remain a blot in many peoples minds on either side of the decision.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2748979)   #53
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Ralf being left up on the jacks isn't likely to take over the thread, Lewis, Kimi, Felipe Spa 2008 is - simples!
Old 23 Aug 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2749024)   #54
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I cant believe i forgot Frentzens 4th place grid position in the prost in 2001!!!

Followed the day after by Burtis near fatal incident with Irvine. Sad race moment i admit but what a lap from frentzen in qually. Its a shame he stalled on the parade lap
Old 23 Aug 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2749030)   #55
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
When the 'unfair' advantage is gained through technical advantage or excellence in preparation as in Roger Penske's 'unfair advantage' in US racing in various seasons between 1965 and the end of that century.

Whether Mr Hamilton gained an 'unfair' advantage or not depends on your view depends on your view of the situation and whether or not the stewards were correct in their decision.

The fact that the team had approached the race director (Mr Whiting)and had received affirmation that they were OK and that there was no need to allow Mr Raikonnen back past could suggest that they in fact were unfairly penalised.....

Its all water under the bridge now anyway and we all have a personal opinion on it. It doesn't (can't) change anything officially but will always remain a blot in many peoples minds on either side of the decision.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 23:00 (Ref:2749240)   #56
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Adelaide 1994 it would seem.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2749403)   #57
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2008- an enthralling last few laps. Forget edge of the seat. This was jumping around in front of the TV set stuff. A top win by Hamilton (yes). Well, it wasn't Massa, was it?

1998 was a cracker. That Fisi-Nakano accident looked pretty horrible though. The initial pile-up was the biggest pile-up I've seen (bigger than Silverstone 1973?).

Hakkinen's pass on Schumacher in 2000 was good, but not as amazing as people make-out. Schumacher picked the wrong line really.

Last year was quite exciting. It always seemed that Fisi was in with a shot of the win, but Kimi held it together. An irony and a pity that that race led to the end of his F1 career ultimately, because he moved to Ferrari, performed badly and looked like a haunted man.

Anyway, I hope my favourite Spa moment until this year will be this weekend as I'll be there.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 02:48 (Ref:2750346)   #58
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
You lucky lucky ba.....

Enjoy!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2750566)   #59
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember the 1995 race where I was very exited and rooting for a Ferrari 1-2. After they both droped down and my dream collapsed I wanted to switch off the TV. Then, TGF and his Benetton made history.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2750742)   #60
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

Hakkinen's pass on Schumacher in 2000 was good, but not as amazing as people make-out. Schumacher picked the wrong line really.
I agree, I never really understood the fanfare over this. Yes, Zonta was sitting in the middle of the track, so Schumi couldn't drive into Hakkinen the second lap running, but you see over-taking every year into Les Combes, where the faster car passes into the braking area etc.
Maybe they rate it so highly because it was Schumi and he had a tendency to put drivers on the grass. (Alonso at the British Gp anyone?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Anyway, I hope my favourite Spa moment until this year will be this weekend as I'll be there.
One circuit I've always wanted to spectate at, and take a road car and see the original circuit too.
And one year, if they're still racing Classic FF1600 there, Im gonna race too.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2750753)   #61
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa 1995: it rains, but Hill can't overtake Schumacher, while the German is on slick tyres.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2751175)   #62
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
funny but what pops into my mind seeing this topic is:

the lovely following overhead helicopter shots from "Grand Prix" of the cars going along with spray coming up from their wheels.

would love to see that movie on a big screen one day. Unlikely though (plus one wouldnt be able to fast forward through the hokey relationship bits)
Old 27 Aug 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2751201)   #63
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
Spa 1995: it rains, but Hill can't overtake Schumacher, while the German is on slick tyres.
oh yes he could; he just very wisely waited until there was least chance of being run off the road
Old 27 Aug 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2751206)   #64
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
oh yes he could; he just very wisely waited until there was least chance of being run off the road
chuckle.....I like that one (and yes, I actually believe he didnt trust the son-of-a-Mauser)
Old 27 Aug 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2751245)   #65
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Watching the cars brake into Les Combes today. The braking distances look so short in person (second Grand Prix weekend experience).

Feeling it in my chest as they go through Eau Rouge and we stand to the left.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2751246)   #66
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
My favourite moments are all of them..

Spa-Francorchamps the greatest racing circuit in the world..
Old 28 Aug 2010, 06:58 (Ref:2751317)   #67
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
My favourite moments are all of them..

Spa-Francorchamps the greatest racing circuit in the world..
ahem, second only to the Nordschleife
Old 28 Aug 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2751359)   #68
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
So many to choose from! I'll go for Jordan getting their breakthrough 1-2 - after Schumacher trying to throttle DC!
Same for me - this was my first GP to attend, we were sitting on Pouhon (getting ****ed on) right in front of the coulthard / shumacher crash!
Being Irish we were of course big Jordan fans too. we met Irvine in Francorchamps after the race - ******** would not sign any autographs though.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2751419)   #69
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
ahem, second only to the Nordschleife
When it comes to actually racing I'd place it ahead of the Nordschleife. Driving wise you are right, of course.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2752080)   #70
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We can now add Lewis going off at Rivage and making it back on to the track intact and winning the race!
Old 2 Sep 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2753775)   #71
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

That was an exciting moment as far as I'm concerned. I was standing behind some Spaniards who were cheering when he went off. When Alonso went off, I saw no need to cheer. Turn the other cheek as they say, and be the better man.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2753782)   #72
BMW_F1
Rookie

United States
New York City
BMW_F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya's pole lap in 05..

and Montoya's best pass ever.. (even better than Interlagos 01)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_FFR...eature=related
Old 3 Sep 2010, 00:52 (Ref:2753893)   #73
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, Monty kicked Schumi's backside that day. F1 misses him still.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2754020)   #74
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope the favourites are not the last:

http://en.espnf1.com/belgium/motorsp...ory/27327.html