Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Nov 2011, 06:36 (Ref:2985367)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[iV8SC11-R25&R26] Norton 360 Sandown Challenge - 18-20 November

Since this event is on next week... what will we see differently from the rest of the year?

Will 888 actually not win a race? Will SBR finally unlock the potential in their 3 Fords? Will Jason Bright step into #8 for Sandown?

I suspect FPR will be quick in qualifying, go like a jet in the first part of the race, burn up tyres and/or have poor car balance, and the likes of 888 and HRT shall sweep past them into the podium places...

Maybe...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Nov 2011, 06:46 (Ref:2985373)   #2
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McConville to put it on pole for BJR for race 1.

FPR will qualify in position 2,3 &4 then all three will take themselves out in race 1.

The Gis will take race 1.

Sunday Whincup will put it on pole, win Race 2.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2985462)   #3
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
McConville to put it on pole for BJR for race 1.

FPR will qualify in position 2,3 &4 then all three will take themselves out in race 1.

The Gis will take race 1.

Sunday Whincup will put it on pole, win Race 2.
I'll have what he's on
Old 13 Nov 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2985842)   #4
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just writing the morning opening for the circuit commentators now.

" Good Morning Laydeez & Genelmen , and welcome to day one (two, & three) of the Fence Repair Nationals, being held yet again at the infamous Sandown International Motor Raceway......"

"We'd like to take this opportunity to thank our premier partners, Industrial Galvanizers Corporation, and ARMCO BARRIERS Pty Ltd who; without their support and supply of such flimsy products, would see the MRC have to actually spend some money and install proper concrete safety barriers.

Thereby virtually eliminating any chance of a 90 minute fence repair, which will cause massive delays to the exciting race program, we (wishfully) have planned for you today …….

And Mark Skaife can honestly say that he has signed off on this place being safe ? Which University did he gain his Civil Engineering Degree from...?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2986064)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Can you fix a fractured rib in time for Sandown on Friday?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 23:41 (Ref:2986446)   #6
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Can you fix a fractured rib in time for Sandown on Friday?
Ribs are notoriously slow to heal. Surely he needs to sit out Sandown and Sydney, or he'll risk compromising all of 2012?
Old 15 Nov 2011, 02:38 (Ref:2986522)   #7
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brighty was in agony after Sunday morning qualifying and was back in Melbourne by the time the Sunday race started.

He won't be driving at Sydney either..............
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 15 Nov 2011, 03:26 (Ref:2986526)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
An update...

Old 15 Nov 2011, 05:45 (Ref:2986547)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
An update...

Maybe he felt better when he tweeted that due to the anaesthetic from the morning's procedure still doing its thing?

In any case, best wishes to him re this weekend - shame for anyone to have to sit out rounds with injuries.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 06:39 (Ref:2986554)   #10
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
In any case, best wishes to him re this weekend - shame for anyone to have to sit out rounds with injuries.
I can't imagine you'd take chances with a fractured rib, not too hard to imagine a big side impact at either Sandown or Sydney. Not something we want to see. Besides as I said in the Tassie thread, Cam McConville did a smashing job in the race, after being thrown in the deep end.

I couldn't believe MeN didn't even mention how good the drive was! I know 19th is nothing to crow about, but I thought it was very good.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2986959)   #11
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I couldn't believe MeN didn't even mention how good the drive was! I know 19th is nothing to crow about, but I thought it was very good.
they did. see the "Winners & Losers" column especially
Old 15 Nov 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2986961)   #12
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker View Post
Fence Repair Nationals
Trouble is Uncle until it affects the MRC's bottom line or they're forced to do something it will stay as is.

For normal events the cost of repairs is borne by the event promotor because they're sent a bill for the repairs so it doesn't affect the MRC.

The time delay affects the race promotor so doesn't affect the MRC either.

The only way it will ever get sorted is if CAMS make it a condition of the Track Licence that the Guard Railing in the locations that get hit regularly get replaced by concrete with earth pushed up behind it to add further strength.

The areas required are on the exit of Turn 4, from Rothmans Rise down to Dandy Rd and a few other locations.

Many of us have been wondering for years why Phillip Island has been able to get away with the earth filled tyre walls for so long when Winton & Calder where forced to replace theirs with concrete in the late 80's??
Old 15 Nov 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2987002)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Bright to drive?

The story seems to keep changing... weird...
Old 16 Nov 2011, 01:34 (Ref:2987040)   #14
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A truck load of Porta loos has knocked down the Falken track over sign at the top of the back straight at Sandown earlier this morning.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/11/16/...ge-at-sandown/

"The Falken Bridge is falling down??".
Old 16 Nov 2011, 02:39 (Ref:2987054)   #15
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
A truck load of Porta loos has knocked down the Falken track over sign at the top of the back straight at Sandown earlier this morning.

A C*** Too Far
Old 16 Nov 2011, 02:40 (Ref:2987055)   #16
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post

Better call in Splashdown - they are number 1 with your number twos!!

I've heard of the term "dump truck", but that's just total crap for the spectators who'd otherwise use that bridge! Or porta-crappa...

You wonder what the truck driver said to his boss - "You're not going to believe it, but the sh1t has really hit the... err.. bridge.."
Old 16 Nov 2011, 07:47 (Ref:2987107)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

"Man of Steel"
Old 16 Nov 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2987112)   #18
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
that's just total crap for the spectators who'd otherwise use that bridge!
It's not really a bridge, it's actually a track over sign as it has no walkway except when the TV guys send someone up and over it to drag cables, same with the "bridges" at turn 1 and out of Dandy Rd.

So other than the loss of an advertisement it wont affect the event now that a crane has removed the remains of the "sign".

The original Dunlop Bridge where Pit Entry is now located was a walk over bridge and allowed access to the infield back in the days you were allowed to park your cars there (pre 1984).
Old 16 Nov 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2987127)   #19
KineticEnergy
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
KineticEnergy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what the price of a Friday only ticket is (if there is such a thing)?
Old 16 Nov 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2987137)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the tip is rain for the weekend, might pack the wet weathers
Old 16 Nov 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2987141)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticEnergy View Post
Anyone know what the price of a Friday only ticket is (if there is such a thing)?
I thought Sandown on a Friday was actually a free day. The school kids definitely get in for free.

EDIT: The Ticketek website says you can get into the complex on Friday for no charge, but have to pay for paddock access (no price shown..)
Old 16 Nov 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2987168)   #22
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gate entry free - I believe the paddock is something like $15 per day
Old 16 Nov 2011, 23:24 (Ref:2987456)   #23
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there last year for the 1st time.

What a great track, I look forward to heading back but not this time around.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2987460)   #24
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker View Post
Fence Repair Nationals, being held yet again at the infamous Sandown International Motor Raceway......"
Sadly, I was a bit off the mark with my prophesy, I should have channelled some better spirits, clearly this weekend is the:

Build a bridge Nationals......

Can I predict some cases of bridge re-building we may or not see this weekend ?
  1. Jason Bright - Dr Carl Le. After recieveing treatment from Dr Le in Tassie, Brighty wasn't able to race. Fast forward to him visiting a decent Doctor, and Hey Presto, He's Fixed, and will have a bit of a steer on Friday. Get over it Dr Carl...
  2. Garth Tander - Russell Ingal. Yes Garth, he is there for the money, but so are you, difference is, he brings, you take. Get over it Garth.
  3. John Bowe - Paul Dumbrell. Bowey, mate, leave the bloke alone. Just coz you hung around the category for a year or two, too long ! PD has a career outside of driving race cars, unlike some people I know. Get over it JB.
  4. Todd Kelly - David Reynolds. Todd, mate, can I suggest you p15s or get off the pot. We know we have your long lost cousin from Mildura being groomed, but seriously, take a load of Davo's mind & let him know if he is wanted or not. Get over the Mildura nepotism Todd !
Old 17 Nov 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2987559)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Andrew Jones on Standby