Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jan 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3601588)   #1
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was 2015 season a snoozefest?

I thought 2014 was one of the most incredible V8SC seasons. There was amazing action every week. On the other hand, despite very few occasionally good races, the best word to describe 2015 is "processional". Agree or disagree?
Old 2 Jan 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3601655)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
massively disagree

think you might be a holden fan
Old 3 Jan 2016, 00:08 (Ref:3601671)   #3
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
massively disagree
Shock.

Jacob you are right, almost all Saturday races were dead ordinary (so much so that you wont see 50km sprints again). There were some good races, Bathurst comes to mind, Clipsal was ok. But on the whole, the season wont be remembered for overly great racing.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 04:03 (Ref:3601710)   #4
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
I thought 2014 was one of the most incredible V8SC seasons. There was amazing action every week. On the other hand, despite very few occasionally good races, the best word to describe 2015 is "processional". Agree or disagree?
If a tree falls in a forest.........

Quote:
massively disagree
I woulda put money on you being the first to respond.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 04:57 (Ref:3601715)   #5
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
massively disagree
Well I never!
Old 3 Jan 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3601729)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
appears no one agrees with you jacob, like i said im picking your a holden fan

2014 jamie gets a podium in 15( including 11 wins) of last 22 races, plus three 4th now thats predictable.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 09:48 (Ref:3601731)   #7
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with him.

Besides the musical chairs towards the back half of the year, it was pretty boring.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 10:18 (Ref:3601739)   #8
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you measure your interest in the variety of Championship or Bathurst winners then never in the history of the sport have the winning been shared by so few teams.

With Triple 888 winning Bathurst and a PRA driver winning the championship did nothing to break the predictability.

The Saturday Supersprint races showed how poorly V8 Supercars understand their own series - the best races are generally the longer races - who on earth thought these cars are suited to sprint racing........

However there were some good races, but the championship was really over by mid season.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3601794)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
appears no one agrees with you jacob.
You didn't, next one did, next two disagreed with you. Interesting reading of the facts.

But this isn't about you. I found the season uncompelling and probably missed more rounds without being bothered about it than ever. Bathurst the exception.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3601884)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
You didn't, next one did, next two disagreed with you. Interesting reading of the facts.

But this isn't about you. .
funny, all of the posters bar one have made it about me, even you.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3601901)   #11
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad I didn't rush out and signup for Foxtel!
Old 3 Jan 2016, 22:38 (Ref:3601904)   #12
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a TV point of view (FTA) I actually enjoyed the series this year. Condensing half the races into a highlight package actually made them watchable, for the most part.

The actual racing itself, nothing has changed really. They are too big for the circuits they run on without a little rubbin' that gets frowned upon by the Big Cheese. No answer for fixing the problem either. (unlike F1 which has an easy solution.)
Old 4 Jan 2016, 00:41 (Ref:3601916)   #13
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We saw an occasional exciting race, but in the main it was processional as you say.
Old 4 Jan 2016, 01:37 (Ref:3601922)   #14
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think it was awful, and being in the US I've only been able to watch since mid-2010, but this was probably the least I've enjoyed a season thus far.
Old 4 Jan 2016, 03:40 (Ref:3601932)   #15
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Compared to the 2015 BTCC it was laclustre - so I'm with Jacob.

Didn't see a whole lot of DTM so couldn't comment there
Old 4 Jan 2016, 07:28 (Ref:3601947)   #16
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
We saw an occasional exciting race, but in the main it was processional as you say.
Have anyone worked out why that is? The answer is obvious to anyone who cares to think about it. I won't put my view forward just yet as I want to see what those who follow it more closely than me think.
Old 4 Jan 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3602084)   #17
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem is that we don't see passing anymore. The cars are so evenly matched, that rarely does anyone have the performance advantage required to execute a move. Reducing the aerodynamics would help. The only chance of a pass occurs at starts / re-starts, by the end of the first lap you can pretty much lock the order in.

The last pace car aside when Tander made up some spots after Reynolds muffed the re-start, was there any other passing in the last 60 laps at Bathurst? Yes the first 4 cars were covered by only a few seconds, but don't think there was even an attempted past, was just a high speed procession.
Old 4 Jan 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3602088)   #18
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The very short sprint races didn't help. The finishing order was decided by the first corner. Ditch those for a start.

There were a few less cars involved in the scraps this year - such as McLaughlin in the Volvo which was slower and less reliable this year. The BJR cars weren't quite as competitive as last year, Chaz Mostert hurting himself at Bathurst took him out of the fight.

Many of the tracks they race on are near impossible to pass on being too narrow and twisty for such big cars.

It should be more exciting than it is. Maybe introduce a pit stop window to stop guys pitting after a lap and splitting the field up and relying on passing in the pits rather than on track.
Old 4 Jan 2016, 22:45 (Ref:3602098)   #19
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Every time they have had an Aero test there has been more and more aero put on each marque's cars. The simple way to make things more interesting is to reduce the amount of downforce by half. Make the things slide and harder to drive through corners quickly, introducing more mistakes, and presenting passing opportunities.

Also allow a bit of biffo. Not to the NASCAR extent. But drivers are so afraid to go for a gap incase they get a drive through. Theses are tintops. 'Rubbins Racin' to quote a horrible movie.
Old 4 Jan 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3602105)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Not hearing anything here that we havent heard for years

We use a process (qualyfying) to put the fastest drivers at the front and the slowest guys at the back, Thus we dont get much passing as a result

The posters on this forum went off there nut when the series tried reverse grids which removes that issue.

The posters on here go off their nut when procedures are put in place to enable passing

Wait the posters on here are just generally negative to v8 supercars no matter what they do, very little suprise in the posters who have commented in this thread, the same negative comments. (I dont deny that i am generally positive about v8 supercars

Great year, new champion, something different to the previous years, racing was up and down as per previous years , thats how its works

Last edited by peckstar; 4 Jan 2016 at 23:37.
Old 5 Jan 2016, 00:19 (Ref:3602112)   #21
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

We use a process (qualyfying) to put the fastest drivers at the front and the slowest guys at the back, Thus we dont get much passing as a result

The posters on this forum went off there nut when the series tried reverse grids which removes that issue.

The posters on here go off their nut when procedures are put in place to enable passing

Wait the posters on here are just generally negative to v8 supercars no matter what they do, very little suprise in the posters who have commented in this thread, the same negative comments. (I dont deny that i am generally positive about v8 supercars

Great year, new champion, something different to the previous years, racing was up and down as per previous years , thats how its works
When you've named 2 of your siblings after your favourite manufacturer and favourite V8SC driver, we understand that your going to be as defensive as you are.
If you think that it's just the same old posters on here who have called the season "processional", then you haven't been listening to many motorport fans in general, including V8SC fans.
To call the season a great year just shows how tight those VSSC blinkers are strapped on you.
Old 5 Jan 2016, 00:30 (Ref:3602116)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
When you've named 2 of your siblings after your favourite manufacturer and favourite V8SC driver, we understand that your going to be as defensive as you are.
If you think that it's just the same old posters on here who have called the season "processional", then you haven't been listening to many motorport fans in general, including V8SC fans.
To call the season a great year just shows how tight those VSSC blinkers are strapped on you.
like i said the same negative people saying the same negative things

I thought the second half of 2014 (apart from bathurst) was very dull. this year was much better, championship hunt came down to much latter in the season and Lowndes was coming pretty hard at the end. JW started to win again which was a positive towards the end as well

2014 did have the volvo factor, which was good and lacking in 2015r, but 2015 had the hot young gun Chaz setting the world on fire, shame about the accident

lack of safety cars in many races this year, prehaps more of them t would make things more exciting for all the doomsdayers

Last edited by peckstar; 5 Jan 2016 at 00:36.
Old 5 Jan 2016, 01:11 (Ref:3602123)   #23
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There might be something in that
Old 5 Jan 2016, 01:17 (Ref:3602127)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
There might be something in that
yes there is, not every race will be the most amazing race ever, just like not every football (any code) will be the most amazing.

maybe the announcers should yell out cooee every time the race gets slow and they should randomly inject beach balls into the crowd at slow moments
Old 5 Jan 2016, 09:10 (Ref:3602184)   #25
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Many of the tracks they race on are near impossible to pass on being too narrow and twisty for such big cars.
The tracks are the same width they've always been, and the dimensions of the cars aren't much different to what we have seen for the last 20-25 years either

It's the ruleset & car specs that have made it hard to pass, it's got nothing to do with what tracks they go to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Maybe introduce a pit stop window to stop guys pitting after a lap and splitting the field up and relying on passing in the pits rather than on track
They had a pit stop window until the end of 2008. Everyone just pitted as soon as the window opened.