Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 1 Aug 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1369109)   #1
Bagin
Rookie

United Kingdom
Paddock Wood
Bagin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brake discs

I'm looking to get my brake discs refaced on the bells, anybody out there help! I work in Orpington, live in Tonbridge. Thanks 07977547383 or email me
Old 2 Aug 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1370258)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd recommend getting new rather than skimming down. What are you running?
Old 2 Aug 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1370312)   #3
Bagin
Rookie

United Kingdom
Paddock Wood
Bagin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I,m running 310mm ventilated on ally bells from Hi-spec brakes at dartford. We have dial gauged them and the max run out is on one side of one disc less than half way around, ony 10tho. The other side is 5thou for about an eighth of the disc.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1370511)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cross drilled? If so no matter what the run out, go for replacements. I run a similar size 20mm thick. Change them every fifteen hours of running.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1370551)   #5
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you're still after having your disks faced my dad would be pleased to do them for you. He's based in Derby though. PM me and I'll send you his number.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1370912)   #6
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
310 Hi-Spec rotors are in the £85 region each, and last time I asked a local machinist, refacing was over £40 a rotor, so its not a big saving to reface unless you're on a very limited budget. Before you do either though, I'd suggest checking there's no runout on the bare bells first and that's not where the problem lies. It's also sometimes possible to adjust the runout by turning the rotor on the bell, and/or the bell on the hub. I've found it possible to gain or lose up to 5 thou that way, just because of slight distortions here and there. :-)