Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Aug 2014, 06:09 (Ref:3441542)   #26
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
I'm beginning to think that Alonso may well end up at RB in the next two years. If Vettel can't bounce back I can't see RB keeping him just for their past relationship. Provided Marko doesn't insist on a Toro Rosso driver, Alonso would probably jump at the chance to swap teams to one that has a better chance to win a third (and deserved) championship. Sort of ruins his dreams of ending his career with Ferrari though...
RBR have royally messed up 2 of Vettel's qualifying sessions that I know of, so at 3 to 6 against Ricc, it becomes 3 to 4; really impressive by Danni Ricc, but not quite as good as it looks at first.

I really doubt RBR have any interest in Alonso, they have a lot of really talented juniors!
Old 18 Aug 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3445188)   #27
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Luca Marmorini is not happy about the way Ferrari is currently being run. No surprises there then.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28691.html
Old 18 Aug 2014, 23:11 (Ref:3445220)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Luca Marmorini is not happy about the way Ferrari is currently being run. No surprises there then.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28691.html
"Marmorini said he was dismissed by Mattiacci, even though "in three months we saw each other twice -- first for a greeting, the second when he gave me a letter that confirmed my departure from the company"."

WOW, just plain WOW!

This can only work well!
Old 1 Jun 2015, 11:54 (Ref:3543745)   #29
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see Bob Bell has joined Manor. To me that says they are serious about the future as he has been with some of the top teams in F1 over the years.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3543995)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
They only get on at the moment because they have a common hate for the same person.
Oh dear...
Old 1 Jun 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3543996)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I see Bob Bell has joined Manor. To me that says they are serious about the future as he has been with some of the top teams in F1 over the years.
That's great news isn't it...
Old 4 Jun 2015, 16:26 (Ref:3544942)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Getting ready for a buy out by Renault maybe ?
Old 4 Jun 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3545005)   #33
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
It's not beyond the bounds of possibility.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3555139)   #34
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Mark Smith has joined Sauber as Technical Director, that seems like a good move for Sauber. Smith has formerly been with Jordan, Renault, Red Bull, Force India and Caterham.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sa...nical-director
Old 2 Jul 2015, 03:23 (Ref:3555313)   #35
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I don't see that happening for a few reasons

RB are on record saying they do not use customer engines and that is the position they would be in if Renault formed their own team

RB would have a contract with Renault to some date in the future

Renault would heave to justify their own equipment performance, would they be prepared to do that? They are French after all so anything is possible.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3607843)   #36
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Pat Fry has joined Manor as an engineering consultant. He will join ex McLaren man Dave Ryan there. He has been with Ferrari, McLaren and Benetton in the past in many senior positions so I am sure he will be of great benefit to Manor.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016...y-joins-manor/

I wonder how long it will be before he moves on to greater and better things elsewhere?
Old 25 Jan 2016, 14:05 (Ref:3607848)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Manor are looking like a very serious proposition this year. I think Sauber and Toro Rosso should be sweating a bit.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3607850)   #38
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
The only thing they still seem to be missing a team principal and someone to replace Graham Louden.

Dave Ryan does not appear to be filling either of those roles from what was said when he originally joined Manor.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3607852)   #39
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certainly these announcements look very promising, drivers not confirmed yet but one wonders about the budget? It was said on here that they needed drivers to find $24 million so where is the rest coming from? How much FOM money is due this year after no points last year?

Am I wrong in thinking Dave Ryan was linked to Haas at one time?
Old 25 Jan 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3607858)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
How much FOM money is due this year after no points last year?
Details of the 2014 breakdown can be found here.

Assuming the same allocation is used in 2015, then Manor will have received an estimated $60 million. (very rough calculation)
Old 25 Jan 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3607876)   #41
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Manor are looking like a very serious proposition this year. I think Sauber and Toro Rosso should be sweating a bit.
In some ways they are looking up, but with so many recent comings and goings and missing puzzle pieces. How can we think they are a cohesive unit? I have doubts about any forward movement in 2016.

Richard
Old 25 Jan 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3607887)   #42
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
09963442 : MANOR RACING LIMITED, formed on Jan 21st 2016. One Director, a solicitor with 31 other Companies.
Manor Grand Prix Racing Ltd is in a voluntary agreement with creditors. Director Stephen Fitzpatrick.

Wonder where the 60,000 went to?
Old 25 Jan 2016, 16:27 (Ref:3607888)   #43
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I have doubts about any forward movement in 2016.
I think a Mercedes power unit and suspension and gearbox from Williams is a pretty good foundation. They'd have to design a barge of a car not to be able to fight at least to get out of Q1. Of course, the pedallers are still to be named. I still hope Wehrlein gets a seat but it's looking increasingly unlikely. Stevens and Haryanto would be my guess.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3608124)   #44
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
09963442 : MANOR RACING LIMITED, formed on Jan 21st 2016. One Director, a solicitor with 31 other Companies.
Manor Grand Prix Racing Ltd is in a voluntary agreement with creditors. Director Stephen Fitzpatrick.

Wonder where the 60,000 went to?
you're not finding that on companies house.

try this:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
Old 26 Jan 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3608175)   #45
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Bella, then click on the Insolvency link. CVA was agreed in February.. for Manor Grand Prix Racing Ltd.

My quote was from Riskdisk, (Experian)

Then please note: Above is a brand new Company just formed Manor Racing Ltd...

My point was..where has the $60,000,000 gone to?

Last edited by djinvicta; 26 Jan 2016 at 16:49.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 16:44 (Ref:3608179)   #46
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Date of Accounts SORRY, SPACING IS NOT GOOD. ACCOUNTS OVER 3 YEARS For Manor Grand Prix Racing Ltd.
31 Dec 2012 31 Dec 2013 31 Dec 2014
Accounting Standard
GAAP GAAP GAAP
Currency
GBP GBP GBP
Number of Weeks
52 52 52

Profit & Loss Account
Turnover 28,291,000 60,757,000 26,153,000
Pre-Tax Profit -57,666,000 -12,125,000 -57,415,000

Balance Sheet
Total Fixed/Non Current Assets 4,261,000 2,542,000 740,000
Total Current Assets 20,760,000 34,391,000 6,898,000
Total Current Liabilities 158,968,000 43,111,000 66,760,000
Total Long Term Liabilities 0 47,000 0
Total Provisions 0 0 0 0
Total Net Worth -134,600,000 -6,443,000 -122,000,000
Working Capital -138,208,000 -8,720,000 -59,862,000

Last edited by djinvicta; 26 Jan 2016 at 16:50.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3608182)   #47
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes Bella, then click on the Insolvency link. CVA was agreed in February..

My quote was from Riskdisk, (Experian)
my point was more that you've got the wrong company name and number there tbh. that's why you've got weird information. the one you linked to was only incorporated 5 days ago...

the companies house link contains the full information for anyone curious about some proper data. particularly which companies voted against the voluntary agreement!
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:20 (Ref:3608195)   #48
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
My point was..where has the $60,000,000 gone to?
The $60 million you refer to, I assume, is the payment from FOM? If so, surely that would be accounted for in the 2015 figures, and would therefore not show in the 2014 accounts.

And Bella, it is curious that although McLaren officially voted against the CVA, the notes state that they did so in error as they actually meant to vote in favour.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3608227)   #49
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
I was referring to crmalcolm's post number 40 here, where he says that Manor will have received $60,000,000.
I was asking where it had gone or is going?
To Manor Grand Prix Ltd CVA? (I think not!)
Or to the new Manor Racing Ltd?
Old 27 Jan 2016, 10:33 (Ref:3608392)   #50
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
without knowing exactly what they're going to be using the manor grand prix ltd company for... the way caterham kept a lot of the mess away from the f1 entry was by subcontracting out the f1 team. that always seemed quite smart to me.

what's also interesting to note is that at the same time, a company called manor endurance racing ltd was set up by the same solicitor.