XBOX 360, Anyone played it??
Thanks
Old 3 Jun 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3084763)   #2
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, all i can say is, if you want a simple crash and bash pick up an play its for you. if you like racing dont bother. the same levels over and over, poor ai. its just an arcade game. i had it completed in just over a day, dirt 3 much better
Old 5 Jun 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3085899)   #3
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's worse than DiRT 3? Good lord! I thought that game was almost unbearable!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 5 Jun 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3085979)   #4
BajaTom
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chester/ Cheshire
BajaTom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Dirt 3 was an improvement on 2. Shame that most of the rally stages were so short tho .. I don't think I'll buy Showdown though, just invest my money in something like wrc 2012 if it comes out. Or some forza car packs
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3086423)   #5
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thank you for the feedback, I also looked on youtube at videos on there of the game and I will not be spending my money on it.
Picked up Race Driver pro from my bedroom floor and realised I have many races to do on there as I completed the career without the 100% haha :-)
Old 6 Jun 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3086508)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Showdown is the kind of game that will be worthy of £20 but no more.

I am most excited about Forza Horizon and the new Criterion developed NFS game for this year.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3086515)   #7
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Agreed.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 8 Jun 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3087652)   #8
BajaTom
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chester/ Cheshire
BajaTom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I am most excited about Forza Horizon and the new Criterion developed NFS game for this year.
This most definitely
Old 11 Jun 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3088885)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Is it a good game for fans of Destruction Derby/FlatOut?

Selby
Old 5 Oct 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3313126)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just got this for naff all at CEX

Bit of a backward step for Codies if you ask me

I thought Dirt2 was a superb little game, very good fun, online was the best racer I have played on PS3, really quick and easy, Dirt 3 was OK but not quite as good, but still fun online.

This though is trying to appeal to the crash market, a lot of the tracks are just rehashed versions of existing ones which for full retail is very poor, ad some of the races are really very tricky to advance in, you don't win that much money in the races, perhaps enough to upgrade the cars you already have, and if you go back to win some more cash you only win a fraction of the cash.

Which emans you spend a lot of time chasing down much quicker AI cars in your old bucket, very frustrating and needlessly tricky. Some of the race off/ domination events I was literally in the same place 5 or 6 times in a row, almosta s if the race was being run to a pattern by the AI, but rubbish really.

Destruction events are very frustrating but fun. You do tend to get picked on a lot, and again the AI can run, big heavy cars long before you can afford them, hence get more chance to pick you off.

But this side is fun

As reviewers have said, much like Dirt3 all Codies want is you online sharing your info and uploading your data, that is all this game is about, online is rubbish, very slow, awful server data and races that don't win you any money, totally pointless

All in all I give this 4 out of 10, really only a patched up version of Dirt 3, not worth retail and certainly not worth buying as a cheapie.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3313447)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is only an entry level game for the series, worth remembering that.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3313456)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not an entry level game?

This is what they released as a full title after Dirt 3?

don't quite get you, if this was the first in the series I could understand you, but in reality it is a hashed up version of the last two games with a few new bits of code for the destruction events. Bit of a ripoff really!
Old 6 Oct 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3313498)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It isn't a sequel, it was clearly defined as an entry level, arcadey, throwaway game whilst in development.

It's emphasis was on multiplayer, party style gaming with simplified physics.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3313672)   #14
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
It's worse than DiRT 3? Good lord! I thought that game was almost unbearable!
DiRT is more of an arcade racer, but being less of a simulation doesn't make a racing game bad. (I know that doesn't technically respond to any of the quoted text, but it's worth noting.) Lots of arcadey racers are plenty fun to play.

DiRT 3 was a good game, when you look at the actual racing part of it. My big problem was all the childish, silly nonsense with the Gymkhana bullcrap and junk like that. I absolutely hated that corny part of the game. I really wish it had been in its own separate mode on the game rather than part of the same career progression. I don't mind so much that it's there for the people that like that crap, but I don't enjoy doing donuts around a pole and that sort of silliness and wish the kid stuff would have been set aside in its own mode.

Sadly, each entry in the series has been moving farther from being a serious game and more towards gimmicky fluff and childishness. If DiRT 4 (whenever it comes along) is stuffed with spinning in parking lots and ramping between flag poles I'm not going to waste money on it.

Now..., if we ignore the Lamekhana nonsense, DiRT 3 was otherwise pretty good.