Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3769116)   #5451
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
We refer to any wide or straight on mistake at T1 as the "Keso line". Still incredible to see...Hey! One slight error either mechanically or operator can end in a big big issue... Just saying!

It is a beautiful day, however. That better?
they keep moving the tires further and further up the hill, yet people keep running into the barriers just past where the tires stop. Just tire the whole damn stretch. Although with Keso, it didn't matter much.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3769121)   #5452
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
In my land, we would call you an ass.
Quote:
The feeling is likely mutual on any land.
He beat me to it but was going to say exactly that
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3769126)   #5453
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
they keep moving the tires further and further up the hill, yet people keep running into the barriers just past where the tires stop. Just tire the whole damn stretch. Although with Keso, it didn't matter much.
Yes. Tires on all jersey barriers, please!
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3769130)   #5454
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes. Tires on all jersey barriers, please!
Hey, they are trying to line 285 and 85 with tires. It might take a min and there are ladders in the way but our Atlanta drivers are doing their best
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3769143)   #5455
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
He beat me to it but was going to say exactly that
HEY!!
Old 21 Sep 2017, 22:50 (Ref:3769170)   #5456
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It is a beautiful day, however.
Yes it seems it was.

https://twitter.com/RoadAtlanta/stat...94528882044928

L.P.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3769304)   #5457
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In an article on S365, Scott Sharp thinks the p2's will be competitive at Laguna. But the part that was interesting to me was the comment about weight:

Quote:
“I’m expecting the LMP2-spec cars to be very fast,” Sharp told Sportscar365. “With the lack of the long straightaway, it’s really going to appeal to a car that’s 100 pounds lighter than everybody.
I guess I didn't realize that the P2's were so much lighter. Is the extra weight in DPi's mandated? or just an artifact of the cars who are competing?
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3769305)   #5458
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In an article on S365, Scott Sharp thinks the p2's will be competitive at Laguna. But the part that was interesting to me was the comment about weight:

I guess I didn't realize that the P2's were so much lighter. Is the extra weight in DPi's mandated? or just an artifact of the cars who are competing?

Yet the rules show them at the same weight, except for the Caddy being heavier by BoP.

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...nd_gtd_bop.pdf

L.P.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3769312)   #5459
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yet the rules show them at the same weight, except for the Caddy being heavier by BoP.

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...nd_gtd_bop.pdf

L.P.
So perhaps it is just an issue of making the minimum weight for the Nissan and Mazda cars.

Would be interesting to see the actual car weights imsa records during the events.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3769334)   #5460
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We know the Riley in general is overweight, and supposedly the Nissan engine is heavier than preferable.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3770136)   #5461
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Risi will induct Alessandro Pier Guidi for Petit.

L.P.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3770139)   #5462
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

ligier, oreca and very likely dallara lmp2 are lighter than 900kg and reach reg. min. 930kg because of mandatory ballast.
Cadillac dpi and Nissan dpi use heavier engines than gibson motor.

In an article post daytona, I've read that max angelelli speculated that cadillac dpi was about 50kg overweight (about 980kg) that more or less is basically the same extra weight Sharp was talking about (100pounds = 45kg).
Anyway is a sort of "compensation handicap": cadillac and nissan have same power of aco lmp2, but much more torque. It's quite fair that these cars must to be heavier after all.

About riley-multimatic, the very ACO lmp2 spec is/was over weighted, for sure it was mazda dpi too.

For records, in the whole 2007-2010 lifespan 908 Hdi was always heavier than min. 930kg. Over weighted cars are quite common in motorsport, 2017 mercedes f1 was too in first races.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3770143)   #5463
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hmm, Bomarito will fill the third seat in the Visit Florida Ligier for Petit.

L.P.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 00:39 (Ref:3770184)   #5464
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Penske still not sure on entry:

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14455...cision-looming

Looks like they had a Turn 1 crash at the Petit testing last week....
Old 28 Sep 2017, 00:51 (Ref:3770186)   #5465
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

**** you, field.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 00:57 (Ref:3770188)   #5466
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
**** you, field.
I know! We had this exact conversation a week ago! Lol
Old 28 Sep 2017, 01:01 (Ref:3770189)   #5467
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
To be honest, I don't see what could go wrong other than a crash. From the article I couldn't tell if they are testing the Acura or the stock Oreca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
**** you, field.
This one is on joeb. Whomever smelt it, dealt it. He said it first.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 28 Sep 2017 at 01:13.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3770193)   #5468
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:

CHICANE IT NOW!!
Old 28 Sep 2017, 20:06 (Ref:3770357)   #5469
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
DSC reporting Penske have finally pulled the trigger and put in the PLM entry for a stock LMP2 Oreca.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-oreca-07.html

JPM-Castroneves-Pagenaud as drivers. Big guns a-blazing.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3770363)   #5470
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
DSC reporting Penske have finally pulled the trigger and put in the PLM entry for a stock LMP2 Oreca.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-oreca-07.html

JPM-Castroneves-Pagenaud as drivers. Big guns a-blazing.
Yep, from Penske

http://www.teampenske.com/news/index..._Petit_Le_Mans

L.P.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3770366)   #5471
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Man, every time I see that plow bladed 'Acura' I wonder what they are thinking. That livery better be great cause wow, it's not a looker at all.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3770372)   #5472
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Man, every time I see that plow bladed 'Acura' I wonder what they are thinking. That livery better be great cause wow, it's not a looker at all.
Neither is the ESM Nissan imo. But the goofy rules allow you to put something there.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3770530)   #5473
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Neither is the ESM Nissan imo. But the goofy rules allow you to put something there.
And the livery does a decent job of accenting parts around it to make it look much more like the street Nissan treatment. Not a great look but I can see their idea.