Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 10 Aug 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2267013)   #1
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my word...

...This was written on MSN cars today, now being on a cars section of a pretty damn popular website, you would think it would be filled with ear splitting supercars, ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin, Maserati etc.
But never in my life have i seen such stupidity on a grand scale, this article

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/Top_ten_...mentid=9117395

Quite literally goes against everything a car enthusiast would expect from a webpage devoted to all things automotive, granted some of the things are true in that some people do use crap like hummer's and range rover's as status symbol's, but this is ruddy blastphemy in my opinion, only part i agree with is the road rage section, apart form that, that is it.

Last edited by Bluebottle; 11 Aug 2008 at 11:50.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 11:49 (Ref:2267223)   #2
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You don't suppose they publish stuff to provoke discussion do you?

I'm sure none of us here are guilty of driving our 50 litre 0.02mpg Megabling Turbo 100 yards because we can't be arsed to walk or because we don't want people to think we're too poor to have a car etc etc...... (Sorry, board now.)

Last edited by Bluebottle; 11 Aug 2008 at 12:01.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2267235)   #3
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only part of that article that I do not agree with is that motorists are guilty of "gluttony" by using up the world's resources. Motorists have little or no practical choice in which fuel they use. If the repressed existing technologies that are zero emmission and nearly free were allowed into the marketplace, motorists could glutton themselves on that all they liked without guilt. BUT there's no money in that for those that continue to blatantly profiteer from OIL. The energy companies and governments that raise billions in taxes from this polluting technology are the sinners! We just help them by allowing it to happen. Not that we have a choice now that all reasonable and effective avenues of protest have been banned......
Old 11 Aug 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2267252)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Made me laugh...possibly that was the intention?

One things for sure, I'm not going to lose any sleep over someone apparently expressing an opinion which differs from mine.