Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Closed Thread

Old 4 Dec 2008, 08:28 (Ref:2347060)   #1
Cookie Monster
Rookie

Cookie Monster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Water Injection

Recent observations at the Rallycross Superprix in October 2008, it was noticed that car No 1 had a water injection system. Does this follow the current regulations? or by means of cheating, is this how you obtain The Drivers Championship throughout the years racing????
Old 4 Dec 2008, 10:33 (Ref:2347116)   #2
bodgit
Racer

United Kingdom
durham
bodgit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which was car no 1
Old 4 Dec 2008, 17:49 (Ref:2347402)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Water Injection as fas as I am concerned is not banned is it?

Road cars klike Skylines and Impreza's have it.

It's not a huge gain in terms of horsepower, more a way to cool the air as it is forced into the inlet.

Somehow I doubt a contender for the series would be running something illegal on their car!
Old 4 Dec 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2347510)   #4
bodgit
Racer

United Kingdom
durham
bodgit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought it was banned aswell
Old 5 Dec 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2347838)   #5
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
Kevin McCann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Legal or not !!!

Water injection is not legal in Rallycross, nor any form of water spray which allows any liquid to fall onto the racing surface! The power gains on 500bhp plus engines are considerable, so does anyone cheat?
Old 5 Dec 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2347872)   #6
dangermouse606
Rookie

dangermouse606 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MAD MARK WAS RUNNING NUMBER 1 CAR,
I WOULDN'T IMAGINE FOR ONE MINUTE HE WOULD BE USING ANYTHING THAT IS ILLEGAL IN RALLYCROSS
Old 5 Dec 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2347916)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Without any evidence to back up the claims of "cheating" this does smack of trolling (especially as the OP has registered just to create this thread). If this relates to the superprix why raise it now?

Suffice to say this thread is being closely watched
Old 5 Dec 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2347967)   #8
mel tyres
Racer

Wales
gods country Wales
mel tyres should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Water ?

All this should be checked at scrutineering if at all possible, no point saying about it after the event. And if ANYBODY has water injection, it is seems to be ILLEGAL.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2348055)   #9
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster
Recent observations at the Rallycross Superprix in October 2008, it was noticed that car No 1 had a water injection system. Does this follow the current regulations? or by means of cheating, is this how you obtain The Drivers Championship throughout the years racing????
Why dont you speak to the driver of car No.1 direct instead of casting stupid allegations in public
Old 5 Dec 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2348159)   #10
daz2202
Racer

England
Canterbury
daz2202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure Mark will be on here soon and will put this to bed.

I cannot believe that anyone would chance the embarrasment of getting caught doing such an obvious modification.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2348200)   #11
RICKY_BOBBY
Rookie

RICKY_BOBBY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think few people who have commented need to check what water injection is before they comment. (ie the difference between water injection and intercooler water spray) . i dont know if it is legal or not but if it is so obvious that it can be seen, i would imagine its legal or it was not water injection!

ps is this the right place to make accusations
Old 6 Dec 2008, 07:05 (Ref:2348632)   #12
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
Kevin McCann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wild accusations!!!

As far as im aware Marks car has charge cooling. This is legal and as different from water injection and intercooler spraying as chalk from cheese.These wild inuendos need to be removed and an appology issued by persons who know nothing but get some kind of buzz from creating ill feelings on this site!!
Old 6 Dec 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2349210)   #13
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIGHT i bit my tongue for long enough when i first read this i was seething its took me till now to calm down

\\firstly yes i am car no 1 at Super Prix and i do not hide behind a nick name my phone number is on my website as is my contact details whoever posted this thread was doing so to have a jibe i guess when they could have contacted me direct.

Our garage awning and car is one of the most open to all in the paddock we have nothing to hide and i take this as persoan attck to say that I CHEAT !
I have not and never will!!! in over 20 years of racing in many classes

THe xsara does not use water injection which is Illegal and further more it has competed this year in the BRC, The ROC and Europe in France and passed scutineering at every event. Why cheat when all super cars are around the same power and its down to us the drivers ability.

If this is a genuine mistake we use a charge cooling system that cools the air intake via a intercooler type system that may have been confused as a water pump and tank is used for this. I must add that is the same system the Kenneth uses and most citroens in the ERC and perfectly legal. The xsara is maintained by Tony Bardy as is 4 more in Britain and anyone who knows Tony will know that his cars are all built to the letter of the rules very thoroughly.

Sorry for getting irrate but I am in my sport to race enjoy and have fun. To play fair and promote our excellent sport. I am sorry if i have upset anyone on the way. \i hope thos clears the matter up.

Any body else any comments?

I will be at Auto sport in January with a glass bonnet and can talk anyone through everything on the xsara
Old 6 Dec 2008, 22:15 (Ref:2349211)   #14
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
by the way well said Kev this is a discussion forum not a gossip and vendetta site
Old 7 Dec 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2349442)   #15
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just my 2 cents to the mods: these kind of threads shoud be removed by the very first sight of them, the initiaters IP blocked/banned.

Water cooling is so obvious anyone with just a basic knowledge of cars can detect. Cars pass scuteneering. Combine the 2 sentences to know that the stated accusation is just a lot of BS to have a go at a competitor.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2349480)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
Just my 2 cents to the mods: these kind of threads shoud be removed by the very first sight of them, the initiaters IP blocked/banned.
We've been watching this thread very closely - people have wisely used the "report bad post" facility to alert us to the "contentious" nature of this thread. I was inclined to leave this thread in place as Mark is a regular user of this forum and is therefore capable of presenting the facts and putting the matter to bed once and for all. Regarding the user - obviously we don't discuss individual cases but I think it's fair to say that any user that signs up purely to post something of this nature will not gain any credibility or respect within the R&R forum, consistent trouble makers can and will be removed.

Now that Mark has replied I am more than happy to close this thread off - I think we can say that the case for the defence wins the day
Closed Thread